Topic: Sacramento Auto Show + Lemons

It's an annual thing where Sacramento auto malls bring all the new cars to one place to get people excited about buying one. There is also space set aside for selected classics, etc. Well, what's more classic than Lemons race cars?

So I sent the organizers this email:

Me wrote:

You've probably got the show all set up, but if you still have some empty space I could arrange to bring in a couple of "classic" 24 Hours of Lemons (Lemons, not Le Mans) race cars.

A couple of examples - http://www.kstreetstudio.com/racing/24HOL.html

And the replay:

Stacey wrote:

Goodness, those are really funny!!!  I would make some space for you if you want to bring some in!

Please let me know asap and we are closing up the floor pretty quickly.

Here's the link to the show's web site - http://sacautoshow.com/

The dates are October 17-19, at Cal Expo.

Think of this as being like an indoors IndyCar thing for Lemons.

Who wants in, and who can respond asap. Stacey needs to know asap.

Mike

Re: Sacramento Auto Show + Lemons

Race Rambler is in. Is there an entry fee? I can't find any info on their website. I am also guessing that the cars need to be put in on Thursday and out late Sunday as with all these car shows. At least they normally give you two passes for the show.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Thanks,

I'll get more details.

Most likely no fees.

Views of our exhibit may vary, but a theme I see developing is, all those shiny new cars in the next building over? Future $500 race cars.

Just in from Stacey, she's asking for 6 cars.

Stacey seems to be very interested in this.

Stacey wrote:

So if I ended up with a really big space, how many do you think you could get?

My reply...

Me wrote:

Probably 10. Maybe more.

Not all of the cars in that web site are available. The Space shuttle has been converted into something else and several cars are from back east. But the Rambler, my car, the Model T GT, the Upside Down Camaro (UDC), the Billy Beer Futura, the Faster Farms Belvedere, the Zombee (MGB), the Watermelon Volvo, and other great west coast cars could be convinced to come to the show.

We could probably do it if we had (inexpensive) towing help from Petaluma, where the car is parked. Unfortunately, the Volvo isn't street-legal, and we don't have either a suitable truck or trailer right now.

Team 42 Hours of MeLons: 1984 Volvo 240 wagon
https://www.facebook.com/VattenmelonVagn
Arse-Freeze 2013 | NASA We Have a Problem 2014 | Sears Pointless 2014 | Lemons Pride Parade 2014 | Vodden 2014 | Arse-Freeze 2014 (B Class Winner)

#19 Thunderchicken will trailer down from P-Hill-- Smoke should be cleared by then. Sign us up.chuck.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

8 (edited by m610 2014-09-17 08:00 PM)

I might be able to help with a tow.

Welcome aboard, Thunderchicken!

So far we have the Race Rambler, MTGT and/or Pinto, Tinyvette, Thunderchicken, VattenmelonVagn (with a tow).

I expect Scrubby will join us, and Faster Farms. Hella Shitty is considering it.

The Zombee MUST come!

Jay needs to send over the UDC.

This just in from Stacey....

Stacey wrote:

If you can get 10 or more will actually give you your own building up in Expo Center.  This is too much flippin' fun!!!!

I want to have a poster made for the outside.  What do we call you guys?

Also, so you know, the cars have to be moved in on Thursday and moved out Sunday after 6pm or Monday before noon.

Whatcha think?

Mike, have you filled Jay in on this? I know they are racing somewhere back east but he may be able to send us some banners and unsellable swag for the attendees of the show.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Also doesn't John at EGR have a couple of cars being stored? Maybe he can bring them over with permission of the owners?

I called John today and asked about Balto. It's in pieces now but it might come.

I've contacted Jay and Nick. I'm hoping Jay will display the UDC.

Stacey is getting serious now. She's sending me the forms people need to fill out. PM me with you email address so I can send you a copy. Fill it out and bring it to the show. Meanwhile, please confirm that you are actually coming and which car(s) you will be bringing. Also, send a photo that Stacey can use to promote this.

Thanks,
Mike

14 (edited by gunn 2014-09-25 11:42 AM)

I like the first six highlighted items on their website.
1) $1000 Daily Cash Giveaway
2) Priceless Exotics
3) 3 Kid's Play Zones
4) Radio Controlled Drifters
5) Hot Rods
6) Historic Cars

Hrm, I wonder where we fit in. I'm guessing #2. Amiright?

-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

Stacey is still trying to find us a title. She suggested "The Art of Racing", but unless you include a wink emoticon, that misleads. I suggested "The Other Art of Racing", to spark curiosity. Also "Classic Hoopties of the West Coast", and others. She said she didn't know what a hooptie was. I told her she could be a trend setter.

Once she settles on a title, and I get her some photos, she'll promote it.

Until then, yea, #2 fits. And #4 might fit for Judge Phil's idea for a new series.

I think Lemons is closer to the Racing of Art than the Art of Racing.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Message sent with pic!

Got it, thanks.

Mike:
Team Thunderchicken(well, the head chicken anyway) is in New England till Oct. 7. You get Photos I sent from here? I'm not sure if the East coast is connected digitally to the Left Coast. Please send entry forms, as I can fill them out as soon as I return. Go Sox, or Pats or Bruins, whatever.
Chuck

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

I have the photos thanks. Am awaiting the forms from Stacey.

I've received the details about our exhibit at the Sacramento Auto Show and have forwarded the contract to everyone who has contacted me. Let me know if you don't get the email or if you want to join in on this.

The contract talks about disconnecting the battery, gas in the car, etc. Showing up with just one gallon in the tank can be difficult but I have been told they can be more flexible, that the fire marshal here is not as strict as in LA. Still, I'll try to show up with a near empty tank and will try to find a locking gas cap for the car.

We are supposed to bring our cars on Thursday (gate 12 at Cal Expo, we are in building 4) and take them out on Sunday. There will someone there to help direct us to our exhibit space.

The list of cars at this point include:

1. Tinyvette

2. Race Rambler

3. Model GT and/or Pinto

4. The Hella Shitty Beetle

5. Homey Depot

6. Vatermelonvagen (They will need help with transport from Petaluma)

7. Fast Farms (Still hoping. Adrian?)

8. Thunderchicken

9. Scrubby and maybe the crazy grape (Mini)

10. Balto (maybe. The engine needs to go back in)

11. The UDC (Hoping. Jay?)

Mike

m610 wrote:

I've received the details about our exhibit at the Sacramento Auto Show and have forwarded the contract to everyone who has contacted me. Let me know if you don't get the email or if you want to join in on this.

The contract talks about disconnecting the battery, gas in the car, etc. Showing up with just one gallon in the tank can be difficult but I have been told they can be more flexible, that the fire marshal here is not as strict as in LA. Still, I'll try to show up with a near empty tank and will try to find a locking gas cap for the car.

We are supposed to bring our cars on Thursday (gate 12 at Cal Expo, we are in building 4) and take them out on Sunday. There will someone there to help direct us to our exhibit space.

The list of cars at this point include:

1. Tinyvette

2. Race Rambler

3. Model GT and/or Pinto

4. The Hella Shitty Beetle

5. Homey Depot

6. Vatermelonvagen (They will need help with transport from Petaluma)

7. Fast Farms (Still hoping. Adrian?)

8. Thunderchicken

9. Scrubby and maybe the crazy grape (Mini)

10. Balto (maybe. The engine needs to go back in)

11. The UDC (Hoping. Jay?)

Mike

I am guessing they require drip pans for the precious floors we will be parking our hoopties on? I did not see it in the contract, but all car shows I have put stuff in at Cal Expo have required it.

They mentioned that over the phone.

I have a bunch I can bring.

24 (edited by fabtoys 2014-10-01 10:54 PM)

I'm an hour and 15 from cal expo if someone can't make it .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Chris, as far as I know we are not out of room yet. pm me and I'll get the forms to you.