Topic: Thank you.

The Gingerman race was quite a thrill for us this weekend.  To think a couple of white collar guys and a brilliant mechanic could fabricate a car with little skill still confounds us. 

We have no one outside the Lemons community to share our happiness with, but our fellow drivers and corner workers.  Most of our families, friends and coworkers really don't understand our passion and love for this race series the way you do.  You can understand our joy.  We just want to say thank you and let you know your friendship and comraderie mean more than a victory or trophy.  We hope we can repay at least a 10th of the generosity we've seen come our way.

There are so many people and teams that gave us kind words this weekend that I wouldn't even know where to start. If anyone spoke to one of us this weekend, just know we truly remember it, and are thankful.

Hope to share some good times soon.

Team LemonAid.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

2 (edited by edchap13 2014-10-19 08:57 PM)

Re: Thank you.

This was my first Lemons race and my team had the time of our lives!
Congrats to you all for your awesome performance!

I can't believe the stuff that we all accomplished.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10712671_10205043577554574_6830279120533613111_o.jpg

At first, I was pissed that you put a 5-lap whoopin' on us by mid-day Saturday.  Then I remembered that my car is a Chrysler and realized the whoopin' was placed upon myself (blow'd up power steering pump, holy transmission, lower percentage passes, etc...)

Congrats.  Now get that car to win an A-class title and complete the triple-crown run!

The Pentastar whisperer

Thanks Bayley.  You have a great bunch of guys on your team.  Hopefully you'll get those little bugs with the power steering, etc worked out for the next race.  You guys will eventually dominate with that car, it just has to hold together.

2 down 1 more to go.  I was just happy to see it out there after autobahn.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

It's always good to see you guys at the track and it gets better with a great result. Unfortunately that great result wasn't ours but it was great to see the Metro get it's class B win. It was also a lot of fun doing battle with the BMW and actually getting past it for the first time. Great weekend all around and can't wait until next year.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

BoB wrote:

2 down 1 more to go.  I was just happy to see it out there after autobahn.

if you're referring to the chase to be the first car to do the A/B/C win + IOE quadfecta-- you should know that the Quantum is also just a Class A win away as well-- better hurry up and get it before we do!

on second thought, you probably have a bit of breathing room: the ~135 laps we put down this weekend is the lowest number of laps a car I am driving has completed in the 10 races I have participated in.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

you forgot overall win added to the list to make it whatever 5fecta would be.

Facebook Page

BTW did someone break it to speedcop that you guys have one all 3 classes and ioe and overall in different cars yet.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

you forgot overall win added to the list to make it whatever 5fecta would be.

I don't think I've ever been at a race where the Class A winner wasn't the overall winner- but it could theoretically happen (and has at least once, I believe).

However, it is my understanding that there is now a brand new arbitrary system in place to mitigate such an occurrence (-:

BoB wrote:

BTW did someone break it to speedcop that you guys have one all 3 classes and ioe and overall in different cars yet.

I think he is going for the 1-of-every-kinda-trophy record.

Thanks everyone again.  I had no idea the Quantum was also going for the same thing... NICE!!!!!!!!

Well done,  we had fun trying to chase you guys down

Grimm rides.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

BoB wrote:

He's already got that.. A / overall = Civic, B = Accordion, C = X90, IOE = various.  Unless you meant he's now not the only one?

He might also already have one of each of the trophies, I can't think of any he doesn't have...

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Hmmm… I missed that Accordion class B win… When did that happen?  Jeff and I talked about both our goal of getting a class B win at Autobahn this summer.  He just missed it there, and our Metro crapped out.  He didn't quite get it the next race, but maybe I miss understood him.  It just nice to be mentioned with him.  smile

dculberson wrote:
BoB wrote:

He's already got that.. A / overall = Civic, B = Accordion, C = X90, IOE = various.  Unless you meant he's now not the only one?

He might also already have one of each of the trophies, I can't think of any he doesn't have...

Hmm.. now that I think about it ... maybe I'm remembering wrong.  Now I can't find it.  I blame the hectic schedule, old age, and alopecia.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

The Metro has won Class C and Class B now. No single car has ever won all three classes. I am skeptical that the Metro's handling can be made predictable enough to get a Class A win, but it might be possible.

I smell brimstone. 

Jay warned me about smelling brimstone...if I could only remember what that meant.

For some reason, I have the urge to race a Dodge Intrepid and think LemonAid should apply all their efforts to winning A class with a Metro.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

dculberson wrote:

Hmm.. now that I think about it ... maybe I'm remembering wrong.  Now I can't find it.  I blame the hectic schedule, old age, and alopecia.

Speedycop has not won Class B.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
dculberson wrote:

Speedycop has not won Class B.

So, I am accurate in saying that Team LemonAid is the first to win A, B, and C?

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

yukadas wrote:

So, I am accurate in saying that Team LemonAid is the first to win A, B, and C?

Don't forget IOE as well.

To complete all four WITH THE SAME CAR... that would earn a spot in the Lemons Racing Hall of Fame, for sure!

The Pentastar whisperer

22 (edited by TeamLemon-aid 2014-10-21 06:40 AM)

Last year, we never even thought about or considered this possibility.  Really, we have Phil to thank for bumping us to class B with the original 3-cylinder motor.  When we realized 55hp was not going to cut it, we were at a crossroads.  We considered not racing it anymore. Phil encouraged us to go crazy with a build (essentially).  So we started down the road to converting it to a RWD car with the engine in front.  During the process of building the car, we got VERY lucky and won A/overall at Road America with our BMW 325e.  At that time we realized we could complete our class wins if we could get the Metro running. 

Winning overall/A is the hardest thing (outside of IOE), so we understand the next win will need some luck also.

Congrats guys! Really awesome job. Well deserved, and that car is spectacular!

I am a little bummed though, that your driver set his fast lap of the race on the 2nd to last lap of the race, therein beating my PB and taking the fastest lap of Class B. Ouch!

Hoping I'll be there when you guys get the overall in that thing, because it'll definitely happen especially if you focus your efforts on it.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:

I am a little bummed though, that your driver set his fast lap of the race on the 2nd to last lap of the race, therein beating my PB and taking the fastest lap of Class B. Ouch!

Hoping I'll be there when you guys get the overall in that thing, because it'll definitely happen especially if you focus your efforts on it.

What did you guys turn for lap times?  I was surprised that the lap times weren't quicker earlier on Sunday.  It wasn't until the end of the day that people started beating their Saturday best times. 

Unfortunately, our transmission puked just as the track was getting fast mid-day Sunday. I was hoping to finish out Sunday's session and get a good measurement of how my times measured up to the "Grand Turismo King".  ;-)

...and is anyone else impressed by the 1972 Grand Prix ripping a 1:43?

The Pentastar whisperer

25 (edited by Fishah 2014-10-21 07:46 AM)

Bayley wrote:
Fishah wrote:

What did you guys turn for lap times?  I was surprised that the lap times weren't quicker earlier on Sunday.  It wasn't until the end of the day that people started beating their Saturday best times. 

Unfortunately, our transmission puked just as the track was getting fast mid-day Sunday. I was hoping to finish out Sunday's session and get a good measurement of how my times measured up to the "Grand Turismo King".  ;-)

...and is anyone else impressed by the 1972 Grand Prix ripping a 1:43?

My PB was a 45.6, but when I was driving we were mostly in the 46's and 47's.

Just looked at the results again, and it looks like #71 "Can You Dig It" actually was the fastest lap in B. What car was that?

The Grand Prix had a 43? Or a 53? I'm showing Flux Decapacitators as the fastest lap in Class C with a 1:52.9.

Times were slower than previous years though, so the grip was definitely down. The track felt fastest for me at the end of the day Saturday, but my car was pretty worn out by the end of the day Sunday so it's hard to judge.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct