1 (edited by Evil Genius 2010-01-10 09:32 PM)

Topic: Dyno, Tech, Tune Day/Lemons Pre-Pointless Party. Feb 13th

Pre-Pointless party and dyno day at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento.  Saturday February 13th.   

Pre-tech your car (you still have to go through tech at the race, we're just going to tell you what you’ve screwed up and what you’ve forgotten) 

Dyno your car for $40

Hang out with the other losers who make up the NorCal Lemons scene.

Barbecue by Red Rocket Racing, bring your own adult beverage and junk food.   

Plenty of room for trailers, cars, massive tow-rigs and even non-racers and hangers-on.

Come watch your competitors blow their crapboxes up on the chassis dyno, breathe hydrocarbon-laden air, eat good food, bench race, see the cars that you'll be racing against, intimidate other teams, trashtalk, wager on the height a connecting rod can reach when set free from the restricting confines of  an engine block.     

OK, so here's what we've come up with so far, but I'm sure things will change. 

First, we will start with the dyno rather early  about 9:00am, so we can get enough cars done, but people can show up at any time.  I imagine the party will start hopping around noon.   

Dyno Info-
   Your car will be strapped down and three power pulls will be made, you will have a minute or two between pulls to adjust/tweek on your crapbox. You will get a graph of your hp and torque. Each car on the dyno will cost $40. We will start a list for the dyno, and if you miss your spot, you will be dropped to the end of the list.  In general, we can run 3-4 cars an hour.  If you want wide band AFR it costs $20 more and the plot will be laid onto the hp/tq graph.    If you need even more accurate AFR measurement it costs $25 for us to weld a O2 bung into your exhaust near the engine.   So, if you're the first  on the list, your car has to be on the ground and ready to go at 9:00 am.. if you're number 10, well you should be ready at 11:00 and will probably be on the dyno around 11:30 or 12:00, you get the idea... We will keep the dyno going until all the cars are done, and yes, we've gone 'til 3:00am in the past.  All dyno payments have to be cash and will be paid to the dyno technician when your car goes onto the dyno.   If your car catches on fire on the dyno, you will have to pay for the extinguisher recharge and the PTSD treatments for the technician.    Lemons cars have preference on the dyno, but, we'll run anything you bring as time allows.  Our dyno is a Mustang HD-250 eddy current, dual- roller type (for all you tech-freaks, so you can spend endless hours online comparing the pros and cons of various brands of dynos) 

To get on the list- email john@evilgeniusracing.com..     As time allows I will post a schedule and let you know where you are on the list.

The Red-Rocket-Racing (they're firemen and know how to cook!) boys will be barbecuing Tri-tip and burgers, we will have a donation bucket out to pay for the meat...  not required, but appreciated..   We will also supply buns, rolls and condiments.     We are aiming at having the food ready at 12:30-1:00 ish.

We are asking that y'all bring side dishes (potato salad, beans, etc)  Chips, dips, veggies, Vegan Faux-burgers etc.  And of course, whatever you want to drink.

Bring chairs, we've only got a few, if you want to sit down, bring a sitting-device.

This is a rain or shine event, and while we have a lot of interior space, if its raining, or for that matter, hot and sunny, bring one of your racing shade canopies- we’ve only got a couple.

We will pre-tech cars all day as time allows.

We can mount tires and bend roll bar hoops and components as needed all day.

If you want to bring used cars/parts/equipment to sell or trade, no problem… Let me know if you are, if enough people are playing ‘lets make a deal’ we’ll set up an area for it.   

Don't be an ass in West Sacramento.  I have to notify the West Sac police when we do this and while they are very accommodating, They will issue speeding and reckless driving tickets, so take it easy.  They will be watching! No crapcans on the street!  Also, I don't want them pissed at me, so keep it under control, please!!!

We have a huge parking lot, plenty of room to unload trailers.

Location is:           

Evil Genius Racing
       2930 Duluth St
       West Sacramento, CA. 95691

Questions:  call the shop at 916-374-1989

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Re: Dyno, Tech, Tune Day/Lemons Pre-Pointless Party. Feb 13th

In!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

3 (edited by icemang17 2009-12-22 10:03 PM)

IN.....................  the estate should be running by then..... in theory anyway... 

For those who haven't been to EGR (evil genius racing) heres a video of my old race 928 on their dyno....I WISH the estate made this type of HP...  :>(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5HvizXXaIY

Bummer is it blew up shortly after this video...& the wife made me sell it :>(

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/03/EGLS1Miata-Clint.jpg

Here's a Jalopnik post I did about some EG projects. Yes, that's an LS2 going into a Miata.

In!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Hell, I might have to make an official court appeaerence

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Nice! In.

I don't think this will be a hard sell to the guys...

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

We could make a "Lemons dyno challenge"...where everyone who dyno's kicks in an extra $10 to make the pot.....then split the prize like this:.....1/3 for the highest and 2/3 for the lowest real Lemons racer dyno #......  must be a legitimate Lemons racer that has or will (registered) compete in a Lemons event.....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

We could make a "Lemons dyno challenge"...where everyone who dyno's kicks in an extra $10 to make the pot.....then split the prize like this:.....1/3 for the highest and 2/3 for the lowest real Lemons racer dyno #......  must be a legitimate Lemons racer that has or will (registered) compete in a Lemons event.....

THAT would be interesting! lol I'll put $10 in. Just make sure you bring extra kitty litter.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I'm in.  Maybe we can throw the V8 Miata on the dyno, too, although that ain't no Lemons car!

Dean

Can I put my Dad's 1972 Citroen DS21 on the dyno?  I'd like to see how many of the 105 original horses are still in the stable.  It's the blue one... http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/Hanzel … 1000661781

Chris Hanzel

Yes, yes and yes...    But, we will run the Lemons cars first....   

I say the pot should be a random number between 0-250 and the car that comes closest wins..   The envelope will be unsealed after the last car runs.....

Evil Genius wrote:

Yes, yes and yes...    But, we will run the Lemons cars first....   

I say the pot should be a random number between 0-250 and the car that comes closest wins..   The envelope will be unsealed after the last car runs.....

That will work too.....but I'd say 250 is FAR too high.....I don't think anything can come close to that

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Brian (whoops, I mean Richard), if you think 250 is too high, you apparently never tucked in right behind the Shark car and tried to stay with it down the straight!!!  smile smile

dtfastbear wrote:

Brian (whoops, I mean Richard), if you think 250 is too high, you apparently never tucked in right behind the Shark car and tried to stay with it down the straight!!!  smile smile

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_Sharks2Wheeling-500px.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2009/01/medium_3175548836_cc9050aedc_o.jpg

Because the only thing standing between the Sharks and a first-place finish is MORE POWER!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Because the only thing standing between the Sharks and a first-place finish is MORE POWER!

And both of those pics are pre-getto-charged, I imagine the list-angles have increased with the additional power

Evil Genius wrote:

And both of those pics are pre-getto-charged, I imagine the list-angles have increased with the additional power

Actually, the Sharks (and when I say Sharks, I mean Clay) no longer have a rep for being total fearless maniacs on the track. Now they battle reliability problems instead of black flags.

MurileeMartin wrote:
dtfastbear wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/1 … -500px.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/galle … aedc_o.jpg

There she blows captain..................damm thats a bit of body roll...... 

I wonder what the highest dynoing Lemons racer is?  I'd venture a guess that the top dyno car is ghetto charged and its life expectancy is rated in laps you can count on 1 hand....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

20 (edited by magnusracing 2009-12-24 04:50 PM)

icemang17 wrote:

I wonder what the highest dynoing Lemons racer is?  I'd venture a guess that the top dyno car is ghetto charged and its life expectancy is rated in laps you can count on 1 hand....

Hmmm... might be fun to bring the Jaguar but I don't think it will be ready in time. If I could find a cheap used weber conversion kit I think then I could rock the dyno... lol... cheap weber kit... hahaha... yeah right

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

magnusracing wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Hmmm... might be fun to bring the Jaguar but I don't think it will be ready in time. If I could find a cheap used weber conversion kit I think then I could rock the dyno... lol... cheap weber kit... hahaha... yeah right

the benz would put down the highest # for sure...probably 300+whp.....

Whats the rated HP of the Jag?  It has to make good HP?

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I'd love to come to the party but the Gnome's HP is strictly classified.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

I'm in and if anyone wants transport to the dyno from east bay area,Like pete and the bee

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

icemang17 wrote:

the benz would put down the highest # for sure...probably 300+whp.....

Whats the rated HP of the Jag?  It has to make good HP?

In theory the Mercedes S600 makes 385hp but I think the old gal was not making that much at Thunderhill.

The Jaguar is rated at 280hp.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

icemang17 wrote:

There she blows captain..................damm thats a bit of body roll......

Hey the Peugeot can roll that much and still keep all four wheels on the track!:-)