Re: Dyno, Tech, Tune Day/Lemons Pre-Pointless Party. Feb 13th

I had a convertible truck with a cage and the only time you got wet is when you stop!But the Bee doesn't like driving unless on track!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

icemang17 wrote:

I'm contributing $20 in nickels to the battle O british rides...between Zombee and the Sunbeam....the highest dyno wins.....  my predicition is the winner will throw down 72whp!!!

72?  At the WHEELS?  I hope Pete can manage that, because I know I sure won't...  But anyway, for those cars, shouldn't the lowest dyno reading win?

By the way, does Evil Genius Racing happen to have Weber DGV jets on hand?  Looking at my spark plugs says my fuel/ air mixture is close enough, but I have a feeling the dyno analysis might make me want to change a few things.

I don't see the filthy being ready to ride the rollers in time for Saturday.

I'll still be there to take in the festivities, however.

Say, John?
Would you still be able to get me that vinyl 'filthy' window name graphic in EGR font?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

OK, so the weather report is now saying cloudy and mid sixties for a temp, NO RAIN!

Bring your rain gear just in case...   

Dyno spots have opened up.  let me know if you want to run your car.

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Armand4 wrote:

By the way, does Evil Genius Racing happen to have Weber DGV jets on hand?  Looking at my spark plugs says my fuel/ air mixture is close enough, but I have a feeling the dyno analysis might make me want to change a few things.

carbs..ha, sorry we dont keep jets in stock.

vwdmc16 wrote:
Armand4 wrote:

then how are we gonna convert the estate to carbs?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

we dont but the v8 guys doen the street do..

icemang17 wrote:
vwdmc16 wrote:
Armand4 wrote:

then how are we gonna convert the estate to carbs?

I've got a bunch of leftover SU parts that would be the obvious choice. Small cracks, nothing 5-6 tubes of JB Weld can't fix.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Do to a stroke of freak show related luck, I'll be leaving Reno bright and bushy tomorrow AM to party with and watch all you cheaters blow your shitboxes to shit tomorrow AM.

Bring good beer!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

We'll see you there your honor..    The weather looks good!   Tri-tip is marinating, barbecues are ready, coolers are stocked, the dyno is patiently awaiting its first victim...      I hope a few people show up

REMEMBER:  Please drive carefully in West Sacramento, the po-po are watching and I would like to keep my good relationship with them intact...

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

w00t! 

I'll be stopping by after wrenching on our Lemon to represent Boxwrench Garage (#916 Saab).   Unfortunately we don't have a tow vehicle or trailer, so no dyno for us.   But according to the forums we're putting down at least 500WHP due to the stickers we've added so no need to dyno smile

-m

Team Boxwrench Garage #916 - The OG Saab Team

The Momentarly Laps Racing Team will be there in force, but sans Lemons cars.  We'll have two miatas to dyno - one should pull 120, the other 275... smile

See you in the AM!

Judge Jonny wrote:

Synopsis: Freak show! Bushy Party, blow shit up, tomorrow AM.

Bring bang-bang!

There goes the neighborhood...

lol

http://www.vatsaas.org/rtv/arsenal/teamrocs/bert/crazy_harry.jpg

IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

not to worry.....I already prepped the dyno with plenty of oil spilled all over it when I changed the oil in the "estate" while it was on the dyno..... 

Just make sure you have LOTS of kitty litter and fire extingushers on hand....since I also managed to set the estate on fire on the dyno once too....  :>) 

Glowing orange exhaust manifolds + old rubber hoses = lots of fun running around the dyno!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Damn, I wish I could be there tomorrow! I talked to John today on the phone, he's gonna do our roll cage for the west coast car. You guys have fun, and post up plenty of pics/vids of dyno carnage!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Camera is charged and ready. 

See you guys tomorrow!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

I'll be thinking of you guys when I'm elbow deep under a POS BMW tomorrow. One of my team members will be joining you though.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Wish I could make it all the way up there... we dyno tested our Jaguar tonight and will release the results tomorrow... best we can do to join the fun...

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

On my way!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

On our way!

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

I'm heading out the door, with an ETA of around 11:15. Judge Jonny should be there any minute.

Such a drag that I can't make that event.  Plus the Gnome is in 1.24 million pieces right now anyway.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Finally, after much British Leyland induced delay the Killer ZomBee is on the move!

ETA 1:30, give or take a breakdown or two.

http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/ … eb2010.JPG

The mighty Pendejo

Wow, that's at the wheels? New Lemons record for sure!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT