1 (edited by "Sparky" Pete 2009-12-23 05:45 PM)

Topic: Killer ZomBee, just in time for Christmas!

Igor, throw the switch!!! BBBBZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!

It's alive.... ALIVE!! Bwaaahaaahaahaaa!!!

I drove it around town on Monday after the storm passed. Kinda looks like an MGB again. Blinkers even work. Huh. Go figure.

Here's a couple shots and the FB album of the carnage with a few other choice moments.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 … de31962b6a
And a video of the first start.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky-pet … otostream/

Happy Holidays!

"Sparky" Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/4209251621_02f30e4248_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2737/4210014490_a068a39986_b.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Re: Killer ZomBee, just in time for Christmas!

<cheering loudly> Hooray!  The Bee is back!  </cheering loudly>

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Nice work Pete!

Wow.....tons of hammering?

We are the people your parents warned you about.

This makes me happy inside.  Well done!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Paint her red, put some fins on the back and call her Christine!

Nice work Pete.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

7 (edited by Evil Genius 2009-12-23 05:43 PM)

Bring her here, we'll put a real cage into her....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

You need to blast 'Zombie' by the Cranberries as you drive it through the paddock at Pointless....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Yay!  Clearly we reached the wrong conclusion in thread 2264-- when it comes to MGBs you're far nuttier than I am.  Truly inspirational.

Mike Harrell

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

GREAT NEWS........are you guys signed up for Sears Pointless???  I hope so!!

You gotta totally run with the zombee them.....blood-guts brain eating stuff....blasting Zombie through the pits while the "team" (zombies) chase the lone survivor driving the car, shooting at the zombies with a nerf gun.....gotta do it

Did you guys straighten the frame entirely by hand using jacks-etc....if so WOW...amazing work.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

You gotta totally run with the zombee them.....blood-guts brain eating stuff....blasting Zombie through the pits while the "team" (zombies) chase the lone survivor driving the car, shooting at the zombies with a nerf gun.....gotta do it

Did you guys straighten the frame entirely by hand using jacks-etc....if so WOW...amazing work.....

Just me, my cherry picker, a 2 1/2lb sledge, and a burned out Dremel tool, plus random 2x4s and anything else within reach that looked useful. :-) That backwoods redneck-ingenuity training as a kid came in handy.

The lawn made a good sandbag for pounding out the sheetmetal till it got all mushy and died. Oops.

We'll be at Pointless one way or the other! And assuming we get in, the ZomBee will be the only Concours De Lemons trophy winner out on the track. big_smile

So far I've spent $60 on the car, and Jay gave me a residual value of $0.13. This could be the most worthless piece of crap in Lemons history.

I am also looking for a 4th driver (aaaagain).

IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

So far I've spent $60 on the car, and Jay gave me a residual value of $0.13. This could be the most worthless piece of crap in Lemons history.

No, I've seen residual values below 13 cents. Your car is about the 4th or 5th most worthless piece of crap in Lemons history.

Wow!!

That's really something.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Fantastic effort -

congratulations !

"Sparky" Pete wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Just me, my cherry picker, a 2 1/2lb sledge, and a burned out Dremel tool, plus random 2x4s and anything else within reach that looked useful. :-) That backwoods redneck-ingenuity training as a kid came in handy.

The lawn made a good sandbag for pounding out the sheetmetal till it got all mushy and died. Oops.

We'll be at Pointless one way or the other! And assuming we get in, the ZomBee will be the only Concours De Lemons trophy winner out on the track. big_smile

I am also looking for a 4th driver (aaaagain).

13 cents.................................  thats SWEET

I wonder if you can enter concour de lemon at the same time your racing?  Since I'd like to enter the "estate"...maybe as the most devalued vehicle (since the benz is gone)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Amazing work!  Can't wait to see you back on track.

Pete, you are simply the man.  First getting featured in Classic and Sports Car, then this. 

Encore?  big_smile

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

You've got enough budgetary space for ghettocharging!

Our town has a tradition of putting small X-mas trees in their front yards...

But I gotta be me! big_smile

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4212921056_cc0736fa46_b.jpg

TWO MGBs?  My condolences-- I didn't realize you had it that bad.  So, what's the red one?

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:

TWO MGBs?  My condolences-- I didn't realize you had it that bad.  So, what's the red one?

Heh-heh, three actually.

The orange/red one is my "wife's" '79 that I threw chrome bumpers on. It's my backup daily driver when the Datsun goes down and vice versa. Picked it up 5 years ago in a barn with 63k on the odometer and a crispy wiring harness for $900. Been driving it ever since.

My previous D/D MGBGT is in the garage in a thousand boxes. Drove it 250k before the wife talked me into fixing it up. Hasn't run since. Never fix what ain't broke. Used to be Porsche red. (and blue, dark red, yellow, green, gold etc) Bought it in San Diego 17 years ago. Found 10 paint jobs and layers of bondo on the dang thing when I finally stripped it. The damage I found was similar to what I saw on the Bee, so I figured I could save it...

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_d5e6ba00d029e13bc4f7f2646b66ee2e.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4215238174_995c1ee87c_o.jpg