Topic: WE'RE IN! Look out Sears Pointless, here Oui Come!

Woo Hoo! I am sooooooooo F-ing Jazzed!

Re: WE'RE IN! Look out Sears Pointless, here Oui Come!

us too!!!! let the games begin. all hail "the Clergy"

Nemo Money

Did you get an e-mail? How did you find out already? Any idea how many cars?

E=MC Hammered
E30, 302I (ME car)
Pintoghini with turbo 2.3L
Old Spice Crown Victoria

We got our acceptance today as well. Here's hoping the Peugeot has one more race in it!

Winging it wrote:

yea, via email. But stupid me used one email address to enter 2 different cars and it didn't state which team/car was accepted. Then I went to "manage an existing team" and found that both teams had the PAY UP information highlighted, so I'm figuring both cars and teams of drivers are in.

And as I said, I'm sooooooo f-ing stoked!

As for how many are in, tough to call. Fees are due Jan 10th, so a lot of weeding out will happen by that date. Then after people flake on the fees, they get dropped and teams that are waitlisted get a chance to pay up. We got waitlisted in August and then got in a week later.

Spank wrote:
Winging it wrote:

yea, via email. But stupid me used one email address to enter 2 different cars and it didn't state which team/car was accepted. Then I went to "manage an existing team" and found that both teams had the PAY UP information highlighted, so I'm figuring both cars and teams of drivers are in.

I did the same thing for Nelson Ledges.  I emailed Nick for clarification, and he said if the "pay up" stuff has shown up, you're in.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

The Killer ZomBees (Damned & Dented) are in!

Now looking for a 4th driver& Teammate! Spread the word!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

StickFigure Racing is in too, now accepting donations...I mean, sponsors!

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

The Cavalier will be there, this time we're gonna have some granny outfits to go with the 'granny car' that it truly was...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 144 races and counting.
2/25/24

We got rejected again.  LOL

We're 'waitlisted' sad  I was also wondering how many cars there are in.  And is there 'in', 'waitlisted' and 'rejected' or is waitlisted=rejected?

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

The Bandits are back...  I apologize in advance.

See you guys in March!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

THE ESTATE IS IN..........................now we just gotta make it run!!!!!!!!!!!  which we will of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The Old Fast Auto Race Team is IN with TWO Porsche 924's.  We are looking at a 1-2 finish, or a 1/2 change of one finish. 
We will also set up Racing 101 (for rookies) and Racing 201 (for more experienced drivers that need track info).
See you soon- now I have to get to work.
Jim

We made it in with the XJS. Last time i drove there i some how managed to catch air from 8 to 9 or should i say the top of 8a almost to 9. Had something to do with that whole over rated brake fade thing. But johnny did step 2 off on the outside of 10 and saved it. I think there was a lot of praying involved smile  This is going to be cool.

Pen

746- in!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Pendejo wrote:

We made it in with the XJS. Last time i drove there i some how managed to catch air from 8 to 9 or should i say the top of 8a almost to 9. Had something to do with that whole over rated brake fade thing. But johnny did step 2 off on the outside of 10 and saved it. I think there was a lot of praying involved smile  This is going to be cool.

Pen

The battle of the GT cruisers cometh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So who will win.......................the ultra lux cruiser Jag V12....or the 928 Estate with its purebred Porsche DNA (there is A substitute)

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Team Underground is in and will be ready to dominate! We might even have a driver on our team who has driven that course before in some roundy roundy series a lot of people watch or something smile

LEMON DEMOLITION CRX AND PIT CREW REVENGE ARE IN !!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

icemang17 wrote:

So who will win.......................the ultra lux cruiser Jag V12....or the 928 Estate with its purebred Porsche DNA (there is A substitute)

I don't know... your Porsche was pretty fast at Thunderhill. If you can keep it reliable, not overdrive it and keep out of the penalty box it will be a tough car to catch!

But... if all goes according to plan our Jaguar might be quite fast at Infineon... we'll see.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Godzilla will be there.  Hide your bacon.

Godzilla Loves Bacon

"Feed the Beast"

magnusracing wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

I don't know... your Porsche was pretty fast at Thunderhill. If you can keep it reliable, not overdrive it and keep out of the penalty box it will be a tough car to catch!

But... if all goes according to plan our Jaguar might be quite fast at Infineon... we'll see.

Hmm lets summarize your advice:

1:  Keep it reliable: (wheres the fun in that...isn't wondering if it will finish 1/2 the fun:>)  hopefully it will last BOTH days? 
2:  Not Overdrive:  This was a problem as red mist sets in and my race drivers naturally want to race...but with the revised tranny setting (think no kickdown) we should be able to keep the RPM's down
3:  Penalty box:  Well 1/2 our team had zero penalties....the other 1/2 wasn't so good....we hope to improve? 

Your Jag does have more HP than the 928....I think those were 285hp stock...vs 234 for the estate....  I would guess the racing weights are fairly close too...with a slight edge to the 928 at 2860lbs...  & both are straddled by slushboxes.....in other words two gears.....

I look forward to racing with you guys!!!  An epic battle, regardless the outcome...hopefully we can have some great on track action videos!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Icemang. We out weight you by almost 1000 lbs in stock trim. We may be able to shave 120 lbs out of the car but it is all steel no alloy suspension parts anywhere. If you go by the old race rule of thumb 100 lbs equals one second so you should have us from the beginning by at least 8 seconds per lap so our only way we can keep pace is to stay out longer and no black flags. With all this in the mix it should make for a great weekend.

Pen

Yes, we'll run the camera more, too.

We had no excuse not to get more video

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

If we didn't get an email yet, does that mean we're not in or does it take a day or so to email everyone?