Re: Chihuahua Express 2015

This looks like something I'd love to do. Maybe someday i'll be able to afford it.

Cool pictures. What's the story with the circle of helmets?

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Glad you had a good time and made it back safe.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

TheEngineer wrote:

This looks like something I'd love to do. Maybe someday i'll be able to afford it.

Cool pictures. What's the story with the circle of helmets?

That is the blessing of the helmets at the Ceremonial Start.   

In the past, the local Indians would go helmet by helmet and use a big leaf to throw throw muddy water on your helmet.

This year they just had a big cup of some kind of smoking vegetation and went helmet by helmet.   Good thing I didn't have a random at work this week. 

Its really pretty cool and usually there is a big crowd but it was raining goats and chickens just before the Ceremonial Start this year.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Holy crap, this is awesome. Congrats!

Holy crap.  What an awesome event.  I live in San Antonio and had no idea this existed.  Here in the Alamo City I just assumed Chihuahua Express meant driving I-10 to La Canterra with the dog on your lap.