Topic: Infineon Track Vid

For those who have not run here this is a really good example of the fast line buy Guy Cunningham in the Griggs AIX car. We were there the same weekend setting up Keith Parkers AI car and we could keep Griggs older AIX car ( Old Blue) in sight but Guy just walked away from us in this monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxsXR4Nc7g

Cant wait to try and do a 1.45.00 in the Jag  (I am waiting for the laughing to start at one end of the continent and end on the other) smile

Mega 1.45.101 Pendejo

Re: Infineon Track Vid

Phfftt.... only 500rwhp. Our new Tom Wankinshaw Jag will be making WAY more than that my the time Infineon comes around. We're gonna smoke that thing's lap time wink

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Pendejo wrote:

For those who have not run here this is a really good example of the fast line buy Guy Cunningham in the Griggs AIX car. We were there the same weekend setting up Keith Parkers AI car and we could keep Griggs older AIX car ( Old Blue) in sight but Guy just walked away from us in this monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxsXR4Nc7g

Cant wait to try and do a 1.45.00 in the Jag  (I am waiting for the laughing to start at one end of the continent and end on the other) smile

Mega 1.45.101 Pendejo

1:45.......  I really doubt anyone will break 2:00........  I'd say anything under 2:10 will be a top time.....  using the standard 20 second rule where a time at Thunderhill is 10 seconds slower than Infineon which is 10 seconds slower than Laguna.....that would put our best at 2:09ish......with the fastest car at Arse-freeze at about 2:05 at Infineon assuming the normal sportscar course

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I'm sure Guy would be the first to tell you, that is NOT the proper line through T10!!  He turned in way, way, way too early, but realized it early on, so he was able to stay on the track.

Just sayin'

dtfastbear wrote:

I'm sure Guy would be the first to tell you, that is NOT the proper line through T10!!  He turned in way, way, way too early, but realized it early on, so he was able to stay on the track.

Just sayin'

And he holds the record doing it with a early turn in. So it still stands as a fast lap and way better than anything our group will lay down

Just sayin'

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to say that anyone who wants to drive safely/quickly without 500Hp and foot and a half wide tires should not imitate that line in T10.

7 (edited by trekkor 2010-01-03 08:36 PM)

I'd be surprised if 10% of the Lemons fields breaks 2:00 lap barrier.
And that would after 2:00pm on either day.

I hope we don't have too many full course yellows. ( due to T1, 2, 3A, 6, 8, 8a, 10 or 11 )  Yikes!!
Be careful fellas!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I don't think normal lap times will be relevant, as I suspect we'll use at least one or two of the alternate turns to slow the field in some critical places.  I'm not a fan of the motorcylce T1, as that would bottle neck the cars too much.  However, I think we'll end up using the jug handle T7 if not the "chicane entry" that turns right onto the drag strip, then left-right into the esses.  I'm most worried about the funnel into T8/8A at speed, and either of these tricks would help.  I really hope they let us run T8A, T9 without the motorcycle chicane!!  I think the results of ChumpCar will provide some good experience to help Jay make the final configuration decisions, although they strangely have decided to use the Chute instead of T4-5-6.

Cheers,

Dean

I wide line can result in a head-on or contact with the wall out of the chute.

That scares me.
I've only run the chute in two or three sessions.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

trekkor wrote:

That scares me.

KT

thats three more than me!!!!!!!!!!!!  :>)

But I would say I have driven Infineon sports car course a thousand times on my PS2 Grand Turismo!! 

The 1:45 lap record has since be SMASHED....the turbo NSX that races ITE is in the 39's now...

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Somebody should bring PS2 with GT4 to the EGR party.

We can drive Sears in a Yaris!

KT

Chump car is going to be running 2 different configurations for the 2 different days of racing from what i have heard. I will be there sat to check it out.

E=MC Hammered
E30, 302I (ME car)
Pintoghini with turbo 2.3L
Old Spice Crown Victoria

I have been practicing on iracing and its amazing now close this video is to the game.  I'm excited to get on track!

trekkor wrote:

KT

Hoist the Union Jack and call it "Schlubs in a reasonably-priced shitbox."

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

trekkor wrote:

KT

Hoist the Union Jack and call it "Schlubs in a reasonably-priced shitbox."

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

icemang17 wrote:
trekkor wrote:

That scares me.

KT

But I would say I have driven Infineon sports car course a thousand times on my PS2 Grand Turismo!! 

The 1:45 lap record has since be SMASHED....the turbo NSX that races ITE is in the 39's now...

It is a NASA AIX record as in American Iron. Not many Hondas run in that group. The NSX is slow compared to some of the money guys who go out there and play with there retired F1 cars. Fun stuff to watch

Pen

Pendejo wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
trekkor wrote:

That scares me.

KT

It is a NASA AIX record as in American Iron. Not many Hondas run in that group. The NSX is slow compared to some of the money guys who go out there and play with there retired F1 cars. Fun stuff to watch

Pen

Thats right.....AIX is limited to american stuff...but darrell does race in ITE in SCCA against the NSX..... 

Slow is a relative term...though I doubt anyone would say Kip in the NSX is slow...I think he qualified 5th at the speed GT race a while back.....not too shabby...

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Damn... it's gonna be tough to break into the 39s on street tires in a 4000lb race car... but Pendejo can do it. I know he can! wink

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

HEll Yeah!!! I already got 5 electric super chargers off ebay to put some BOOST on that monster and a new set of triple adjustable Motons from lex and a Jerico 6-speed with a QuarterMaster clutch.  Also a shinny set of Alcon pedals with masters to go with the Acon 8 cup calipers and rotors. All off craiglist for 20 bucks and a sack of marbles.....  smile

don't forget the custom drysump you found on ebay just for a jag like yours for $15.....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

$15 bucks and a sack of large marbles Dick!  smile

Pendejo wrote:

$15 bucks and a sack of large marbles Dick!  smile

Steelie marble???????????????????????

Richard Doty