Topic: Water freezing in car during Feb. CMP race??

Do I need to worry about the water freezing in my race car for the Feb. CMP race?  The car will sit in an enclosed car trailer Thursday, Friday and Sat. night. I expect the weather will be below freezing for the entire weekend. What is everybody doing about this???

Re: Water freezing in car during Feb. CMP race??

No.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Pull off the bottom radiator hose and run the water out of the block?

4 (edited by soldmystang 2010-01-04 07:18 PM)

quit now.  it's hopeless.  smile

sorry, couldn't resist.  if your car will be in a trailer i would suggest some heat source.  maybe a light bulb under the car.  electric milk shed heater etc.  drain the water each night as suggested.

but the rest of us are hoping it isn't stupid cold, because that really isn't the norm for South Carolina in February.

http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-Lakewood- … ity-Heater

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

sorry, couldn't resist.  if your car will be in a trailer i would suggest some heat source.  maybe a light bulb under the car.  electric milk shed heater etc.  drain the water each night as suggested.

but the rest of us are hoping it isn't stupid cold, because that really isn't the norm for South Carolina in February.

Do you piss everybody off on every forum you are on?  And can't you come up with a different name for once.   Oh. this is your favorite roomie!

I want to live or die trying.

Tonight's low in Eastern SC is 21, next weekend's low is forecast in the high 30's- low 40's.   Good news/bad news:  We get our nasty weather the end of Jan and the first of Feb.  We also get days in the 60's or 70's.  (I am hoping for the latter, but our team is stocking up on 100% cotton long johns and rigging up a defroster just in case......)

For once I hope Al Gore is right, at least for the first weekend of February.  :-)

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

hajie wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

Do you piss everybody off on every forum you are on?  And can't you come up with a different name for once.   Oh. this is your favorite roomie!

you're still not helping.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36