Topic: How do you know if you are in the race?

I have registered my Team Irresponsible for the American Irony Race.  When do we know if we are good to go for the event?  My team is listed for the race.  Does this mean we are a go?
Thanks

Re: How do you know if you are in the race?

You get an email from the Big Man.

No decisions are made until after the deadline for submissions so you have a little over a month to wait

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Thanks, I thought that seemed too fast. Hopefully see you in April.

When I was accepted to Southern Discomfort, a light opened from the heavens, the clouds parted, and Jay came into view, glowing like the sun. In a booming voice that rattled windows for miles around he said "My son, you have been chosen to compete in the greatest of races. You have a place at my right hand. Oh wait, you are driving that? Better bring some Scotch for the judges."

Or maybe it was an email. Either way I think scotch was involved.

Emily's Power for a Cure 1990 Mazda Miata (I Got Screwed 2014 Southern Discomfort)
Help in the fight against Neuroblastoma, a devastating childhood cancer.
http://emilyspowerforacure.com/

6 (edited by Mulry 2010-01-05 08:03 AM)

Entry deadlines are typically on a Saturday. As a rule of thumb, acceptance emails typically go out in the next couple days after.

That rule of thumb might change a little this year, since with the expansion of the racing schedule, we now have many weekends when there is a race the same weekend as an entry deadline. Feb. 6 being a good example, with CMP Spring and the American Irony entry deadline being the same day. It wouldn't surprise me if Jay and Co. don't get around to doing acceptance/denial until Monday at the very earliest since after the race they have to fly transcontinental to get back home and will probably be pretty whipped from the weekend. YMMV. Good luck!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.