Topic: Seat mounting question

My team has 4 drivers with about an 18 inch difference in height. Does the seat have to be ridgidly mounted or can dual locking sliders be used to mount the seats ?

Matt Z
Baghdad Taxi
2010 - Capitol Offense 79th place CRX hybrid (burns both gas and oil)
2010 - Longest Day 24 hour at Nelson Ledges

Re: Seat mounting question

I am pretty sure they have to be high quality sliders that lock. It's a safety item so don't slouch on it.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Sliders are fine.  We mounted our race seat on the OE sliders and it passed tech fine.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Yeah, sliders are fine if they are nice and sturdy. The OEM ones might be OK--just give them a good honest assessment. You don't want to become a projectile inside the car.

One thing to keep in mind is seatback bracing--while we don't require a fixed seatback brace, we do require something that will keep the seat from tipping rearward in an impact. On most cars, the harness bar serves that purpose--we like to see the harness bar about six inches max from the seatback.

If your range of drivers puts that distance at much more than six inches (with the shortest driver, with the seat moved all the way up), you may need to invest in an adjustable bolt-on brace like the one sold by I/O port.