Topic: Bribes or best way to go through BS inspection?

What have teams found to be the best way to make the BS inspection easier? Or to your advantage?

Re: Bribes or best way to go through BS inspection?

No bribe will make the judges look the other way if you a cheating bastard...  That said, it's all in good fun and you'll get to race regardless. 

All the notes and receipts won't help you if there is a suspicion that you're a cheating bastard...  Worst case you'll get put in A class and a couple penalty laps.

Used parts tend to make things easier to believe.

This space for rent.

Bribes won't really help you with bs inspection. They can help if you make them useful for the corner workers. Snacks, sunscreen, etc. put your car number on them and they may overlook minor infractions.

Best way to make it through BS unscathed...bring something awful/unique to race that the judges really want to see.

Second best, great friggin' theme with theme-specific, creative bribes...and don't cheat.

Bring Judge Phil a digital cluster from some malaise era obscure model automobile, only found in PNP yards nowadays.
Have it wired into the 12v. system on your race car to show it still lights up.
That might do it.
(Mike, Corey, did that do it for you guys??)
chuck

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/0066-IMG_0603_zps8dck50rg.jpg

Seemed to do the trick....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Think about your eccentric car friend you haven't seen in a long time.  You want to bring him a gift that will make him smile.  Bring something unique to you that you enjoy.  Might be booze.  Might be a unique car related part.  Might be a T-shirt.  Be original.  Tough to do.  The judges have seen everything.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Bringing the kind of car we like (or a car we don't like but with an excellent theme) is the easiest way through the BS inspection.

Best way to get through BS is to act like you belong there, argue with the judges by questioning their automotive knowledge, claim those konis are factory equipment,   and tell them you know better because you ran one autocross and played a lot of Gran Turismo.

I have a feeling this could actually work if you really played it up to farcical levels.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

BigBird wrote:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/0066-IMG_0603_zps8dck50rg.jpg

Seemed to do the trick....

Judge Phil gave us B 0 for this. He said this was one of the few times a bribe actually worked. Then we actually were in the contention for the class B win, rumor has it that was our last time we will ever get B class again, killer bribe probably won't count.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

What I've found is that first you understand the spirit of the rules and don't just focus on the exact words of it, especially if you are doing it as a way to find loopholes.

The other important thing is to go through it with a sense of humor.  If you and your team go into BS with a plan to have fun with the whole process of BS it tends to go better.  Outrageous bribes, a dance routine, some over costumes, some bizzare setup skit, all play well.  But mainly don't take any of it too serious, you are there to have fun so don't sweat things like what class you are in or if you get laps or not.  Once you pass tech you are good to race and have fun which is the important stuff.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

12 (edited by chaase 2015-04-01 01:15 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

Bringing the kind of car we like (or a car we don't like but with an excellent theme) is the easiest way through the BS inspection.

This is the man you have to convince so heed his words. We got a lot of questions the first time the Saturn went through BS tech. We still made it through but we had to show some paper work and answer some questions. I think the car looked too nice. It had a decent body and some nice vinyl work so it drew some attention.

The first time we showed up with the 1970 BMW 2800, all we got asked was if it had the original engine  - It did and that is all we had to say. Phil took a pile of pictures and was a happy man

The first time we showed up with the 1969 Rover P6, we didn't get asked a single question related to costs. Phil couldn't wipe the grin off of his face long enough to ask a question. There was a giant Grover on the roof. We had some t-shirts made up with the Super Grover logo. He snapped a pile of pictures and some videos of the hood scoop.  I was driving the first time Jay saw it and he just laughed. He then proceeded to thank me a number of times for bringing such a fine piece of British engineering to Lemons.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20708720/smokey_the_bear.gif

"Is that going to do that the whole time?" asked the Inspector.

"No it goes away after a little while." replied the Driver.

"OK." Inspector said while applying PASS sticker to windshield.

I would race a Beehive before I would ever race a Beemer.

Ask your friends for advice.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20708720/questioning-terrier.jpeg

If you get this response, continue LeMoning.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook