Topic: That Impostor Series in France

Anyone else as excited as I am for this year's race? LMP1 is going to be crazy exciting with some interesting challengers to Audi.

I'm hosting a BBQ at my place on the 13th. Figuring out how to have the race stream up outside. I might find a projector and throw it at my fence.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Re: That Impostor Series in France

Moving....arg  sounds like a good excuse for beer consumption!

YAAAAAAAY!!!!! I'm going. Holy crap, I'm going. I don't get to drive anything sad but I'm GOING!!!!!

I'm going as one of Nissan's media guests, though, so, um....do they know just how much of a Porschetard they invited along? It's going to be really hard not to pack all the Porsche stuff I own and whip out pics of the Stuttgart 917-themed Lemons car.

But I probably will.

Because.

Racecar.

(OH MY GOSH PORSCHE WHIPPED OUT A RED CAR THAT MATCHES MY Lemons CAR HOLY CRAP HEAVY BREATHING ZOMG HYPERVENTILATING LFJDSFJALS:FJDALS:FJDASL HOLY SACKS OF BALLS #17 FTW)

This subject came up the other day on the Jellopicnics and I had to admit that I find it hard not to like any of the teams running LMP1 this year. Audi was my team for years. Loved the Truth in 24 series. Love how together they are with every single detail. Why can't I do that with the 944? Haha. Toyota's been slowly been pecking away at Audi's dominance and I can respect them for it. Porsche...oh, Porsche. The best marque ever (this is ein fact) reentered the best series ever, and swoon. Also, Mark Webber and Brendan Hartley. More swoon. And then Nissan's doing something so radically different and delightfully wacky that I hope it works. Ruin some days, Nissan. Do it to push everyone else to try something equally as weirdo and shake things up.

Even the non-factory entry is kind of neat. C'mon, ByKolles. Upset someone with a much bigger budget. Someone. Anyone. Don't be last. Also, they're rocking that white/neon yellow like the old Brawn GP cars. This I like. This I like a lot.

I can't even get mad if someone else wins. It's been close racing so far this year and a blast to watch.

(But really, Porschelump 4evarz.)

So, are you excited?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

OH

MY

GOSH!!!!!

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11406541_10102166792093163_3524450526906084990_o.jpg

I had to hold back the tears at Porsche's win. They didn't win with #17, but still got it.

Hanging around the Nissan team all weekend was a blast, too. They've got the right attitude. They went into it with way less development than the other three LMP1-H teams, so it pretty much came down to "if one car finishes, it's a success." And they did! Le Mans is the only time to get seat time on Le Mans, so I get it.

As someone who's sent out a teammate to limp a car around on a broken brake rotor just to take the checkered flag, I think those guys need to make a side project and come join us in Lemons, haha.

We've had LeMans drivers in Lemons before.

I'm still stupid jealous that you got to go. I'm going to go someday. I really am. Maybe a 30th birthday trip. 

Good on Porsche for winning, But i'm still an Audi fanboy. They know what they're doing, and their DOMINATION in the last decade+ is astonishing. Porsche took 28 years to get 16, 45 to get the 17th (1970-1998 and then 2016). Audi has 13 wins in 15 years (2000-2014).

Next year is going to be epic. Audi/Porsche/Toyota and hopefully on the pace Nissan going at it. And the return of the Ford GT.... I am so excite.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

We've had LeMans drivers in Lemons before.

I know that FIVE Time Le Mans Winner E. Pirro (in various Audis baby!*) competed and even fueled in a Lemons race. Who else from the 24 Heures?

* My daily is the greatest car ever made - the B7 A4 Avant.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

I was mostly referring to E. Pirro.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Haha, well, then. I need to see if Hartley wants to let a Puffalump chicken nest in his hair. "I have a red Porsche, too!"