1 (edited by ifb_mole 2010-01-09 06:58 PM)

Topic: Lemons Questionnaire from Jay Lamm

How many of you team captains were emailed a questionnaire from Jay today?  I received one, did anyone else receive one via email ?

Re: Lemons Questionnaire from Jay Lamm

I got mine and replied.

Feels good to finally clear my conscience of all my cheaty ways...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

O, is THAT what I was supposed to do with it?

Got it and replied, I just hope it was completely anonymous.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

sad I feel left out, but it may be because we're not currently signed up for a race yet.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Nothing here, but we too aren't signed up for any 2010 races yet.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

filled it out.  I was hiding nothing, so I put in our info.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Not me.. we signed up for our first race but have not been accepted yet (but it's not until July).

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Interesting...  We are signed up but haven't gotten a questionnaire.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Got ours.

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

Ours looks like they polled from the four races ending with Fall CMP.  Since I had a car at both that and one of the other three listed, Stafford, it makes sense I would get a form.   If you captained a team from a later or earlier race, they haven't polled you.

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

12 (edited by craznoe 2010-01-10 05:05 PM)

Replied on mine already, and since we haven't learned the cheaty ways, I put our info on there.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Received and replied.   We were at Houston in October and registered for Houston in Feb.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

me too....

Now I can't wait for the Judges to break out the "Book" while we go through BS and starting asking serious ???'s...."so you spent $$$ on ???"....may I see a reciept?"

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I got one, they sent them to people from 4 2009 races, MSRH was one of them.

It's nice to see them ask about team spending. 

Don't know what they might do to reduce costs though.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Odd. I didn't get one.. have been to 5 events too.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

For this race I had made a graph of our expense breakdown.

Probalby picked the cheatest of teams as a way to trap them.

Any idea what they were trying to figure out from the questionnaire?  Does it look like they were looking to raise the budget or be more strict in bs inspection?  More rule changes?  Lemons HQ bored and wanted something to read?

Just curious.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think they were looking for a comprehensive expectation of costs.  They asked about a lot of stuff not directly related to the car itself.

20 (edited by Troy 2010-01-11 10:59 AM)

It seems like they are trying to get a better picture of the weekend cost to run a race.

Since I basically run the car like an Arrive and Drive now I worry more out the costs to get the car to and through a race plus my expenses.

We have not had any really long distance races so our travel costs aren't too bad.  Some guys camp at the track.  Some go home.  Some get hotels.  One guy rented an RV.  Since I did not pay those expenses, I could not really give a full accurate assessment.

To me rerunning the car starts around $2000 with entry fees. 

We have been fortunate enough to have brakes that have held up very well.  The R4 pads up front have been through 4 races, 3 with break downs.  The rears have made 2-3 and looked very good last time I checked.  So while the initial cost of race pads was high, I have not had to change them yet.

We bought 2 sets of tires up front and I got a deal on a third set along the way.  The third set has almost no laps on them.  Those expenses were not for the most recent race. 

I am looking at buying tires for the upcoming race.  That's gonna rack up a big tab. 

So you get into accounting issues.  Do you look at an average cost of $1000 of tires is good for 4 races so they cost $250 per race or do you just say the 5th race will cost $1000 more?

I am pretty sure across our whole team the expenses of our last race were over $3000 total with food, lodging, fuel and so on.  That does not account for repairs after the race or the tire and brake wear.

Unless HQ lower rates or something, I do not see how they will reduce our costs.

Maybe they could negotiate a better deal on fuel or something?

Racing at MSRH, the field has almost doubled since October 2008.  No matter how you slice it, they have to be making a decent return on the event.  I have no problem with them making money either.

I'd kinda like to see giving a bit more back.   Saturday night track side party with food or something like that. 

That and hire Jonny and Phil as full time Driver's Door employees.  They may already be full time employees for all I know.  Either way, I consider them a huge part of the Lemons experience and success.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

We are in Southern Discomfort and I didn't get a questionnaire.

Burning Rubber and Grinding Gears

Troy wrote:

That and hire Jonny and Phil as full time Driver's Door employees.  They may already be full time employees for all I know.  Either way, I consider them a huge part of the Lemons experience and success.

Totally agree with this statement.  Can't belive I agree with troy ;-)

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

jasbur1 wrote:

We are in Southern Discomfort and I didn't get a questionnaire.

Why would you get a questionnaire for expenses on a race you have not yet run?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Now if we could just get a Big brother type reality (haha) tv show with just Judge johnny and Phil doing a build in a garage somewhere it would be way more entertaining than the Sunday auto shows that run a hour on how to put a finned oil pan on your turbo 400 trans... Honestly who cares! lets get the Phil and Johnny show! It will be like Rin and Stempy just uglier (Sorry up front to Johnny's girlfriend)

Pen

Pendejo wrote:

(Sorry up front to Johnny's girlfriend)

Pen

Chief Justice Lieberman has a girlfriend??????

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2