Topic: Another build starts for the boys from San DIego

A few months back i was picking up a few parts for the Pendejo Alfetta (now sold and will be raced from what we understand) and a moment of stupidity draws me to a red 164 so i buy it for a whopping 200 bucks. The following week i go to pick up more Alfetta parts and buy the black 164 next to it for 200 bucks. I  was once again lost driving around last week and came across a 164 and low and behold it has a quad cam 4 valve 3.2 in it and it runs  smile After long discussions involving lots of rum and coke we have decided that they are like boogers you cant flick off so we will build something out of this jumble of parts. FWD V6 Quad Cam 4 Valve Italian car that is red.... We gotta race it.

Pen

Re: Another build starts for the boys from San DIego

A fourth Lemons car in a little over two years? Pendejo is LOCO.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

What a coincidence-- I finally started in earnest today on the sChitroen today (and am also in San Diego)... prepping it for the March race. Yea, the on in under 2 months.

Found the culprit for hydraulic high-pressure leak #1-- with help, I figured out how to remove the steering rack and now need to figure out how to make my own seals. But I got it running again! Had to in order to find the leaks. Once the rack is fixed, need to put it back in and then find the next leak... and so on.

Did I mention I don't know sChit about 'em? And that my 70 year old deaf and half blind dad who hasn't owned a car in 9 years is going to drive on the team (how he still has a license is beyond me)?

fun.

Careful with the dad part. Mine decided he wanted to drive my circle track car in practice and when he came in he was white as a ghost and trembling. He had to pop a nitro pill because he felt he was having a heart attack! He was 68 and had raced when he was younger but this was way too much for him. Just sayin..

I heard about that Citroen you're going to race... you a BRAVE and a MASOCHIST! Best ok luck. I'm imagine you probably have access to as many tools and fabrication equipment as I do but if you need anything let me know. (magnusracing@aol.com)

6 (edited by Spank 2010-01-10 08:58 PM)

magnusracing wrote:

. I'm imagine you probably have access to as many tools and fabrication equipment as I do ...(magnusracing@aol.com)

You're shittin' me, right? I have NOTHING. I was working on it this weekend in a gravel lot with craftsman hand tools and a wooden block. No joke. I don't even have a manual for it, though someone has sent me a link to one online I think.

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/2412669/DSC03301_detail.JPG

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/2412632/DSC03304_detail.JPG

If you're serious about offering help, I could use some help caging it. You'd potentially save me from having to turn my backyard into this again:

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/1322838/100_2145_detail.JPG

--Spank

Hey Spank you are a brave man on this one but this is what Lemons is about. Johnny (Magnus) and i can help if you want. We do have the tools and such to get it caged. I also know how to rebuild the green hydraulic spheres and also the trick to repairing the cassette points in the distributor. Aww hell i can fix most of that crap can and the seals you need for the rack you should be able to get from Kaman Industries down by the bay bridge.

Pendejo

rebuild spheres! Rack seals! (tears begin to well in my eyes as I put you in speed dial)

9 (edited by jimeditorial 2010-01-11 03:39 PM)

Fantastic....so you guys don't need a jack, right? I understand you just hit the button, she lifts her skirts and you put the stand underneath.....a Rallye Monte Carlo theme is a natural....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Spank wrote:

rebuild spheres! Rack seals! (tears begin to well in my eyes as I put you in speed dial)

We're scrambling to get our Jaguar back together for the Phoenix race in 10 days but after that race I'm sure to have some time to help you out. Feel free to e-mail me at magnusracing@aol.com or call me at (858) 967-5480

magnusracing wrote:

We're scrambling to get our Jaguar back together for the Phoenix race in 10 days but after that race I'm sure to have some time to help you out. Feel free to e-mail me at magnusracing@aol.com or call me at (858) 967-5480

Scramble away-- I'll bug you guys after Phoenix. However, If you just need an extra set of hands after the dinner hour (and I can sneak out) I'm willing to help on the jag as much as my skills will allow.