Topic: Need help with a 93 Dodge Spirit

Yeah, I know.  It is a 93 Spirit, so it needed help once it rolled off the assembly line.  I got it cheap, and it is my wife's DD.

Anyway, she tells me yesterday that the turn signals are not working, either side.  So I go out to check it today, and they come on, but are flashing incredibly fast.  I check and all the lights are coming on, so I figure it must be the flasher.

I finally got it out and replaced and it is still doing the same thing.  Any ideas?

Also, there is something else right beside the flasher, that resembles a flasher, that Dodge calls an "ignition timing delay relay".  I pulled it out first by mistake.  I thought it was the flasher by the diagram in the owner's manual, plus it was extremely hot to the touch and it had been at least 10 minutes since the car was running.  I am having a very difficult time getting it back in, and I wonder just what it controls anyway, since the engine still starts and runs without it being plugged in.

Now the moron engineer that decided to put these items in a place that you need to be a contortionist to reach is another complaint.

Help.....

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: Need help with a 93 Dodge Spirit

Fast flashing blinkers means that the resistance in the blinker circuit has changed. The blinker is usually an LC circuit with a relay switch. The LC (inductor  capacitor) is in the circuit with the resistance of the bulbs and the combination switches at a specific rate. When you change the resistance the switching rate changes.

e.g.: One of the bulbs is probably burned out.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

The problem is they all come on.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

To fix it the right way, you're likely going to have to do some investigating with a multimeter to figure out exactly what is going on.

To fix it the Lemons way, just get one of these:  http://www.amazon.com/3-Pin-CF-13-Elect … B008C9YJ6C

These flashers are for LED turn signals, the flash rate is electronically controlled and will not change with resistance.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine