Re: Just bought a Miata for Lemons

Judge Jonny wrote:
Fish wrote:

Sell it and buy a 300zx you cant go wrong!

or right!

and you prolly wont GO very long either

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Miata's are pure "cheatoniuim"  even more than the next best "cheater" of the E30....but a POS E30 is legitimately worth $500 or less...vs a miata that pretty much can't be worth than $1500...no matter how bent-salvaged it is.....  Spec miata guys pay more than that for good parts cars.... 

why are they such "cheatonium"....hmm take the old formula of a small, lightweight, great handling RELIABLE platform.....  those motors just run and run.....you really have to try to break them...unlike certain V8's I seem to have an addiction too ??

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

TheHeckler wrote:

I just bought a nice primer and bondo colored miata to race in Lemons.

It runs OK but to do well I need to make it faster.  Anything I should know or special cheats I should work on?

What year is it? And for doing anything, just leave it stock (except for tires and brake pads) the car is fast enough like it is stock to run well if you have good drivers.

icemang17 wrote:

Miata's are pure "cheatoniuim"  ...vs a miata that pretty much can't be worth than $1500...no matter how bent-salvaged it is.....  Spec miata guys pay more than that for good parts cars....

I have 2 I will gladly sell you for 2500 combined.  you can resell these to those racers and make a nice little profit. 

smile

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Hah hah, good luck!  We had it rough with a Integra at the Lamest day last year.  The heckling began early Friday morning while the judges were doing a paddock walk.  I can only imagine what it would be like with a Miata.

Have fun!

Some of these are 20 year old cars that started with 90 hp!  You can honestly tell me that our Miata find was worth more than $500?  Take a look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/icantdo55/lem1.jpg

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

32 (edited by TeamDFL 2010-01-26 09:13 AM)

Race lightened, double a arm suspension... pure cheatonium

EDIT:  Drop in a British tractor motor and I bet you will breeze right through BS>

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

TeamDFL wrote:

Race lightened, double a arm suspension... pure cheatonium

EDIT:  Drop in a British tractor motor and I bet you will breeze right through BS>

Breeze?  We did last time, the key to getting through BS tech is NOT CHEATING!  Our car is an honest $500 turd.

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

The stencil that gets applied to Lemons Miatas says it all:  "If I had balls, I'd have an MG."

Armand4 wrote:

The stencil that gets applied to Lemons Miatas says it all:  "If I had balls, I'd have an MG."

Go Killer Bees!
http://secorp.net/images/Flight_of_the_Killer_B_cropped.jpg

I think it would be funny if a bunch of serious Spec Miatas or ones in the Koni Challenge got tagged with that stencil.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching