1 (edited by TeamRambler 2010-01-16 01:10 PM)

Topic: Purchased '66 Rambler Classic 770

So, my tentative 'team' has purchased a '66 Rambler classic 770 (in purple...ish, with the optional 287ci V8, no less!) after tireless negotiation, for $201 CDN.

Running, driving, and plated. We went cruising in it yesterday, still has some kick to it.

We have a few alternative plans if we can't get in, but what would you lot figure our chances of getting in to be?

Re: Purchased '66 Rambler Classic 770

CDN? Where are you guys? Southern Ontario (aka the centre of the universe)?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

TeamRambler wrote:

We have a few alternative plans if we can't get in, but what would you lot figure our chances of getting in to be?

Are you kidding? With a '66 Rambler, you're in for sure!

You negotiated them down to 201... without tires?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Your team and mine need to compete in the same event.. the Rambler Showdown?  I think we might have a new contender for the manufacturer's title....

Congrats!  Can't wait to see it.

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

6 (edited by TeamRambler 2010-01-17 03:55 PM)

jimeditorial wrote:

CDN? Where are you guys? Southern Ontario (aka the centre of the universe)?

Out on the prairies, in Saskatchewan. We were actually alerted to this by a couple other guys from our city.

We got it for $201 with tires smile , and about 2kg's of sap thrown in for free, albeit all over the car (But there was a Coin-op 50 feet away, so it wasn't bad).

It's got an almost-ready-to-implode cracked windshield, rusty quarters, and what appears to be some kind of nest behind the carburetor. Mechanically the V8 purrs though, aside from a lifter-tick in the right bank. Oh, and the front end is as tight as lasagna noodle (But hey, it's not like you really need to have ball joints, right?)

Saskatchewan?  So, you're coming to the Denver race? smile

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Now that is a good Lemons car!

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Cadillac Bob wrote:

Saskatchewan?  So, you're coming to the Denver race? smile

We're contemplating the Mutually Assured Destruction of Omaha, actually.  'Course, we're also foggy on our US geography, but IA seems to mean Iowa, so that's only about....2000km away.

We got her into the garage (with 9 inches to spare. Loooong car) today, and we'll be thowing up photo's soon.

Everybody asks "how can I get into a race?", well here is your answer, bring a Rambler!

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

rocketresto wrote:

Everybody asks "how can I get into a race?", well here is your answer, bring a Rambler!

Or pretty much anything older than 1970.