Re: Who else is not ready for CMP?

Nah, it pertains to the "performance" knock coming from the bottom end... We're not ambitious/stupid enough to try supercharging it. Besides, at nearly 300hp stock it's already easy enough to overdrive the suspension and/or brakes. wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

looks suspiciously like another m8 i know of, round about last week.........

28 (edited by R&R 2010-01-25 07:50 PM)

We finially got our car ready.  What a battle!  Everything that could go wrong did but all we need now is to install a rear view mirror.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

R&R wrote:

We finially got our car ready.  What a battle!  Everything that could go wrong did but all we need now is to install a rear view mirror.

That could take MONTHS!!!1!

30 (edited by theallpowerfulme 2010-01-25 10:51 PM)

have you guys put the stock radiator fan back on that lincoln yet? You know it's about eleventybillion times better than a flex-a-lite, right? Of course, it should be significantly cooler this time around.

Thanks for reminding me......me need mirrors!

Keg a chillin

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

theallpowerfulme wrote:

have you guys put the stock radiator fan back on that lincoln yet? You know it's about eleventybillion times better than a flex-a-lite, right? Of course, it should be significantly cooler this time around.

Yeah, the Mark VIII fans are a hot item for hot rods. We had the stock fan being assisted by the flex-a-lite, but the head gasket(s) went anyway.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:
theallpowerfulme wrote:

Yeah, the Mark VIII fans are a hot item for hot rods. We had the stock fan being assisted by the flex-a-lite, but the head gasket(s) went anyway.

I bet the flex-a-lite held back the stock fan. I use a VIII fan on my Stang, its a crazy fan 4300cfm or so.

-Mike

Well, the genius who wired it for me at the last second wired it backwards, so it opposed the stock fan at the start of the race. I'm sure that helped...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Speedycop - yall better make it over to our pits for some beers and cougar readings again!

JunkWorks
e-30ata

Just don't go for a dip in the hot tub.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Just don't go for a dip in the hot tub.

HAHAHAAHAHA!

WARNING NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW WARNING!!! ALL LINKS BELOW NSFW!!!

RobL was this yalls buddy? I think he was the one that actually ended up with the magazine at the end of the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGdpuTN … re=related

We-Todd Guys are good sports ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjEMG_WF … re=related

Dont remember what team these guys were with, either way cool guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzfxQ7py … re=related

Anyone know who that hitler kid was at the Spring race?

JunkWorks
e-30ata

Wow that was a good time and the beer flowed!

-Mike

39 (edited by Speedycop 2010-01-28 05:39 AM)

Broke Neck wrote:

Speedycop - yall better make it over to our pits for some beers and cougar readings again!

You bet! I gotta get me some more of that sweet tea vodka! Not much will make me run around the pits in boxer briefs, but that did the trick...

Anybody gonna join us for another 2AM bicycle ride around the track? It was so dark, opening and closing our eyes made no difference! We could only tell we were off course when it got bumpy.

the Cougar stuff was too funny.

Broke Neck wrote:

Anyone know who that hitler kid was at the Spring race?

Sanchez?  no idea who that wacky bastard was.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Broke Neck wrote:

RobL was this yalls buddy?

Not with us.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

We're ready, but our car wasn't too difficult.  We'll be available to help others for a change.

I might bring a bike with me. And a bottle of sweet tea vodka, too.

Speaking of bikes, we'll have a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card for the team that brings us the best pair of bikes for the Lemons Supreme Court. Think banana-seat Schwinns with streamers. Or whatever you've got.

I envy these Judges travelling from town to town with their ever evolving contract riders based on whims.  Banana seat Schwinn...I'd ask for a slammed Karhmann Ghia. tongue

secretagent wrote:

I envy these Judges travelling from town to town with their ever evolving contract riders based on whims.  Banana seat Schwinn...I'd ask for a slammed Karhmann Ghia. tongue

We'll have the Buick Roadmaster wagon for serious driving at CMP, but bikes are better for quick jaunts to shoot photos. Motorized bar stools would be nice, too.

Just a reminder - We are doing the chili thing.

We will also be doing the low-country boil thing again with added swedish meatballs.  If we manage to dig out of this incoming snow before the race, anyways.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

Bring your rain gear.  smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

vinzclortho wrote:

We will also be doing the low-country boil thing again with added swedish meatballs.  If we manage to dig out of this incoming snow before the race, anyways.

There talking a foot here in Va Beach!  I've been here 15 years and never seen more than 3 inches.  We R SCREWED.

-Mike