Topic: Theme idea

Building a new car, the 58 Crown Vic is getting old and beat up, the Race Rambler has a diff problem and Corey is building a new engine for the Smokin' Omega, he can fill you in on the fun he's having. I'm working on an 82 Camaro. Its not just any Camaro though, its a Z28 powered by a 145 HP 305! Its brown and I was thinking about getting some rattle cans of flat black, green and gray and doing a camouflage theme, the Camo Camaro. Whattaya think? Here's a pic.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg135/paulruggeri/Picture%20074_zpszdhvzof8.jpg

Panting Polar Bears, #58 Crown Vic, #78.5 Rambler, #76 Omega, #58 Camero

Re: Theme idea

$500 Camero, my ass!

go for it.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Meh.  More original that KITT or Smokey and the Bandit but for it to even be a "good" theme you will have to sell it with props and costumes.

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

$500 Camero, my ass!

go for it.

The car was sitting under a tree covered with leaves, the tires were bald, the brakes didn't work, most of the smog parts were gone, the last registration was 2004, with no non-op and the interior was trashed. Basically it would have cost more to get it legal and on the road than it was worth. What would an 82 Camaro, 305 with an auto be worth?
A friend of mine detailed it, didn't polish the Bondo though. The wheels cost more than the car and I cut the springs to lower it, so it looks pretty good now.
Look at our other cars, Crown Vic, Rambler, Omega they  are all $500 cars, why start cheatin' now?

Cut the back down into a ute and make an El Camero!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

$500 Camero, my ass!

go for it.

The car was sitting under a tree covered with leaves, the tires were bald, the brakes didn't work, most of the smog parts were gone, the last registration was 2004, with no non-op and the interior was trashed. Basically it would have cost more to get it legal and on the road than it was worth. What would an 82 Camaro, 305 with an auto be worth?
A friend of mine detailed it, didn't polish the Bondo though. The wheels cost more than the car and I cut the springs to lower it, so it looks pretty good now.
Look at our other cars, Crown Vic, Rambler, Omega they  are all $500 cars, why start cheatin' now?

The Honorable Crapper was just doing the Lemons version of "Thanks Obama".  Sadly, there is not sarcasm font.

Every enthusiast site for BMW/Porsche/Corvette/Studebaker/RX7/Wartburgh/etc has at least one person that says that...also at least one sore-butt at each race like to say that about something that beat them.  Double Lemons recurring theme because the mention of the"Camero".

The only way to return honor to yourself is by one of three ways.

1. Unlump it (JAG powered, extra credit for V12)

2. Corvair drivetrain (EC for Tempest Rope drive)

3. Something snow machine related (must use CVT)

Lemons is one of few places that allow terrible drivetrain swaps.

"BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, NOT THE SOLUTION."

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Simple, just make it number 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRPQSxp25z4

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

This, of course, is easy. The lyrics are rife with theming possibilities. Plus, I believe there was some conversation about the fact this has, surprisingly, never been done or at least done well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3CzvQ9e_w

CPT_Trans_Continental wrote:

Lemons is one of few places that encourages terrible drivetrain swaps.

FTFY.

bs

Swap in a 4 cylinder BMW, Mazda, Honda, or Volvo mill. Theme it  the "UnCamerocan Activities Committee." Dress like a senator.

http://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/McCarthy-Joseph-told-you-so.jpeg

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Leave it brown, because brown race car

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

The color is great. Caddyshack Snickers? Coffee, tea, chocolate, and...poop all come to mind. Or, Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Is there a roach clip on the rear view mirror? You know the kind - with the thin leather straps that have feathers hanging off them. Whatever you do, be sure to rock some Van Halen while you're building it.

Driving like a girl for 33 years.

My sister had pretty much that exact car.

15 (edited by billybobster 2015-11-05 10:13 PM)

I have exercised my brain but have no good suggestions.

But I do know this...

It Must Stay Brown

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/12554092/disp/0fe25138dc905fc7a8471a77c5fb0f9c.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

I was thinking about getting some rattle cans of flat black, green and gray and doing a camouflage theme, the Camo Camaro. Whattaya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … qmOs#t=122

"I'm so gonna dominate!!!!"

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/ccr … vy-camaro/

Do it up!!!

Cause you can't and won't dominate, but I would play it up like I wuz gonna!!!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Paul, just to set the record straight, it is spelled Camero

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

20 (edited by Paulie Lugnuts 2015-11-06 09:04 AM)

Been done already, that sux. The UPS, UBS? had occurred to me, that might be a way to go. Some the other ideas are interesting and clever, but I don't have the time or inclination to do anything too involved. Basically I believe in keeping it simple. That leads to more time on the track and our reliability has been pretty good, only 4 DNFs in 25 starts.
Keep your dance card open Neal, the plan is to have it ready for Sears in February.

Neal is mine in February - if I ever get the Omega running again that is.

I guess our custody discussions for Neal will be easy to facilitate since we will running together anyways.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

$500 Camero, my ass!

go for it.

Look at our other cars, Crown Vic, Rambler, Omega they  are all $500 cars, why stop cheatin' now?

FTFY

billybobster wrote:

I have exercised my brain but have no good suggestions.

But I do know this...

It Must Stay Brown

This.

Brown Camero.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Brown Camero, understated, yet crappy. I like it.
No need to bring in lawyers, Neal is perfectly capable of driving 2 cars.

Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

Brown Camero, understated, yet crappy. I like it.
No need to bring in lawyers, Neal is perfectly capable of driving 2 cars.

Or Five…..