1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-11-24 04:57 PM)

Topic: Help for friend in Nashville

This would be long drawn out story if I let it but a young lady I helped from being ripped off by an unscrupulous garage in Chicago just had a significant enough accident (rear ended with great speed) to total a her 1993 Volvo 240.  She is back at work but a bit shaky.  They gave her about $2400 for the car and she has a courtesy rental for all next week.  She is currently in East Nashville.

She still wants a hippie-chic mobile.  She suggested Subarus and I countered with pre-2001 Volvo FWD cars in the mix (not hippie but she thinks the 240 saved her life) and maybe late Volvo 940's.  Nothing else popped to mind.  She has NO mechanical experience outside of me walking her through an ignition power stage replacement over the phone and the same for a friend's Volvo 240 wagon fuel pump relay.  Needs a turn-key car.

I have our former team mom and his kids (Mufreesborough and Huntsville, AL) on the hunt but anything reliable, safe but not super mainstream the Lemons community can come up with is worth a look.  Even someone who will to help her with car inspection would be welcome.

PM me if you can help

Onkel "Good Samaritan" Udo