Topic: Should be in Lemons Tech?

But the Dangerous Banned Tech trophy was discontinued.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/upload/iblock/a41/tire-car-russia.jpg

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news … 50503.html

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

Re: Should be in Lemons Tech?

Yep, that's the city where I was born.

russian wrote:

Yep, that's the city where I was born.

You sure you want to admit that?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

4 (edited by jimbbski 2015-11-25 08:52 AM)

You could look at that two ways.

If you're stranded in some God forsaken place with a blown out tire then you are being resourceful but if you doing this when you are in the middle of a major city because your to cheap to get a new tire then your an idiot!

What's the wear rating on that log?

Panting Polar Bears, #58 Crown Vic, #78.5 Rambler, #76 Omega, #58 Camero

well it does have 4 wheels, just one is mounted to the back.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

7 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-11-25 10:59 AM)

Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

Looks like a 6S (6" spruce) rating which is not as good as 6 DF/H (6" Douglas Fir/ Hemlock) so if you want that in a spruce you have to go up to the 7S.  All ratings are for #2 or better with less than 18% moisture.

PS: Anyone that gets that joke is spending way to much time trying under-size a joist with proper justification.

OnkelUdo wrote:

PS: Anyone that gets that joke is spending way to much time trying under-size a joist with proper justification.

Oh, I've not under-sized a joist before, but I spec temperature, flow, pressure, and pipe diameter all the time, and that's some funny stuff right there.  I'm going to giggle the rest of the day about that reply.

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

OnkelUdo wrote:
Paulie Lugnuts wrote:

Looks like a 6S (6" spruce) rating which is not as good as 6 DF/H (6" Douglas Fir/ Hemlock) so if you want that in a spruce you have to go up to the 7S.  All ratings are for #2 or better with less than 18% moisture.

Been there.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

jimthefirst wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Oh, I've not under-sized a joist before, but I spec temperature, flow, pressure, and pipe diameter all the time, and that's some funny stuff right there.  I'm going to giggle the rest of the day about that reply.

Don't forget viscosity based turbulence and the pipe thinning that can occur.  I sit behind you in the office.  I nod my head a lot like I understand.