Topic: Tornado warnings in San Diego

Pouring rain,tornado warnings and funnel clouds in San Diego. So much for Al Gores global warming.

Weathers next stop is beautiful Phoenix so bring your galoshes and ponchos.  And fix those wipers.

Pendejo

Re: Tornado warnings in San Diego

Damn. I was hoping Al Gore was right...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

He may be  wrong about global warming but thank God he invented the internet!

Not to get all political on you jack knobs, but if you knew anything about global warming/climate change theory you'd know that tornadoes in San Diego would be proof of the theory

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Not to get all political on you jack knobs, but if you knew anything about global warming/climate change theory you'd know that tornadoes in San Diego would be proof of the theory

not to judge a judge, but the last couple of weeks in north texas, with temps in the teens for days, leads me to believe that global warming is a fabbed up myth.

my opinion, of course...

Drink heavily...the End of Days is near.

forddragracer wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

not to judge a judge, but the last couple of weeks in north texas, with temps in the teens for days, leads me to believe that global warming is a fabbed up myth.

my opinion, of course...

They claim we are experiencing global warming and all but it was way to cold here in Houston, Texas on the Gulf Coast just over a week ago.

It was in the freakin' 20's!

Water pipes were breaking.

This just ain't normal around here and it was nation wide.

It was so damn cold my gas logs in the fire place even went out. SERIOUSLY!!!

I figure there must have been enough gas demand that the pressure dropped enough when the furnace kicked on and they went out.

They are gas fed fire burning machines and they went out.  How does that happen unless there is a drop in gas pressure?

So I re-lit them.  They burned for a little while and went out AGAIN!

Then I broke the main valve on the gas line and said screw it.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

HEY! My name ain't jack and you lost me on the knob thing.

You wont like this guy..  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Colem … rcaster%29

We're not experiencing "global warming," guys. Get your Huffpost/Daily Show/Howard Dean talking points in order, it's CLIMATE CHANGE nowadays.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

meh.  i don't see how anyone can credibly claim to know for sure either way.  too much we haven't figured out yet.  the planet's climate is changing (just like it always has), but the causes are still undetermined.

it would be really sweet if people had no effect on the climate (m0ar 500hp cars, please), but until we know for sure i figure it's smarter to assume we do.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

All I know is ice is melting in Greenland and the Artic ocean. What makes ice melt I wonder?

Who cares anyway, the asteroid is coming to take us out like the dinosoars, so hurry up and race!!!

Pendejo wrote:

Pouring rain,tornado warnings and funnel clouds in San Diego. So much for Al Gores global warming.

Weathers next stop is beautiful Phoenix so bring your galoshes and ponchos.  And fix those wipers.

Pendejo

God must be a Chargers fan.  he's probably just pissed like the rest of us.    Saints by 3.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Pendejo wrote:

Pendejo

lol... Trying to prove Al's point are ya? what the hell does this have to do with Lemons anyway? Let me guess... Smoking doesn't contribute to lung cancer either right?

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

forddragracer wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

my opinion, of course...

I'm looking out my window at not enough snow to chill a martini....and I'm in Toronto. Thirty years ago I'd have to shovel my way into the driveway. I bought a brand new 5.0 Mustang in 1988 without A/C, but now it's a necessity for three months a year up here....something's happening...

Jim "Endo" Anderton

15 (edited by OlCreFoo 2010-01-20 12:14 PM)

Ve are Nihilists Lebowski, ve believe in notzhing!
http://www.emusic.com/img/album/108/683/10868355_155_155.jpeg

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

OlCreFoo wrote:

Ve are Nihilists Lebowski, ve believe in notzhing!

ah, that must be exhausting

Global warming doesn't necessarily translate into warmer temps. It's a misnomer.  "Global Weirding" is more suitable. SoCal is under a monsoon siege right now. That's weird.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

It's ok... whenever San Diego is anything but 70 degrees and sunny people freak out.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

I for one like the rain. But the wind is a bit worrisome considering I live under the shadow of a bunch of eucalyptus trees.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

jimeditorial wrote:

I bought a brand new 5.0 Mustang in 1988 without A/C, but now it's a necessity for three months a year up here....something's happening...

Let me guess, you need A/C when it gets to 75 up there? smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

secretagent wrote:

Drink heavily...the End of Days is near.

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7QL46cK7B8

VKZ24 wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

I bought a brand new 5.0 Mustang in 1988 without A/C, but now it's a necessity for three months a year up here....something's happening...

what the hell are you talking about?  you need heat when the temps drop below 65 degrees VK.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

VKZ24 wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

close....we had almost a week of 85 degree weather a couple of years ago and the city declared a "heat emergency"....emergency cooling centres were set up and the radio carried warnings to keep the elderly indoors...I had a huge argument with a Mustang guy from TX years ago who swore that you couldn't get a 5.0 LX without A/C without a dealer delete....Ford stores had dozens of them up here. I watched them unload mine from the trailer and it had a huge window sticker warning dire consequences if you attempted to sell it in the USA.  I paid $11,995, with taxes and registration, $14006, about the price of a Civic that year, but if you wanted A/C it was thousands more. Never understood why. No snow tires were available for the car and it was uncontrollable in the winter, but at that price nobody cared. Global warming? No doubt in my mind!

Jim "Endo" Anderton

You'd be hard pressed to find a Mustang from the mid-80's up in Texas without A/C.

To us 85 is a cool day.  We had 100+ weather for more than 3 months straight almost!  I think we were in the 70's yesterday and today.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z