1 (edited by prime suspect 2016-02-22 03:58 PM)

Topic: safety and rules updates

last race we ran was gingerman in april of 2014     we had no issues with tech then  , planning on running Kershaw in april .  changes tech rules or racing rules since then ?   thx

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

2 (edited by BoB 2016-02-22 04:26 PM)

Re: safety and rules updates

There have been a couple updates, but I don't think there were major ones in 2015 (I believe the main thing was that the kill switch must be reachable by the driver) and 2016 main thing is that donuts are no longer allowed.  Need an actually helpful solution now

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

donuts ?

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

donuts ?

Neck donuts for drivers. Actual head and neck restraints (Hans, Necksgen, etc.) are now required.

I don't know if '14 was before or after the door bar regulations changed, but we've always had "NASCAR" bars (that bend outwards a bit) on both sides, so there's never been an issue with our cage. TBH, the rules are short, and it's worth just printing out a copy to double-check items on the car and drivers' gear before you show up. Give it a full once-over to make sure everything's still OK.

you might want to send a email to John legal, you can also join his Facebook page, if you send him specs and pictures he will give you a good idea if you will pass tech.

good luck!

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it will run, we hope!
Team member: The Neighbors "89 Foxbody notchback 3 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

also extra door bar for passenger side came up at some point. and fire suppression system

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

This thread is 8 years old.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

Maybe he's still waiting on the answer.....  big_smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Maybe he's still waiting on the answer.....  big_smile

better now than sometime

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),