Re: First-Ever Lemons Corvette... and we gave it zero BS laps!

We have enough trouble getting a stock Chevy fuel-injected V8 to work! I'm thinking of going 2 stroke to simplify!

A chevy with a Q-jet  or a holley four barrel?  ANYONE can do that, lets be a bit more unique.  Come on now...Strombergs!!  Lets see the classic rat rod treatment applied to the Vette!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Put a Q-Jet on it and you're a candidate for IOE...The Rochester Quadrajet: making American cars Italian for over 40 years....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

Put a Q-Jet on it and you're a candidate for IOE...The Rochester Quadrajet: making American cars Italian for over 40 years....

WOW I love that line,  I think I'm gonna steal it next time I run into my circle track buddies.

There isnt ANYTHING wrong with a Q-jet....that a Holley can't fix is my old saying.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Find yourself a 9" tall high rise intake and strap a 600CFM carb to it... you'll be good at WOT then...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Do you think they could slip this past the BS judges?

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Images/C … 352-55.htm

I doubt they would even notice...

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Images/Catalog/K352-55.JPG

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Make a cardboard shroud that fits over it.
They don't look past stuff like that...

Just use glue and macaroni to spell out anything with "Hoon" in it and you are stealthy. I heard.

What could possibly go wrong?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

I doubt they would even notice...

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Images/C … 352-55.JPG

KT

There was  a triumph something at Thunderhill test day with a sweet setup of 3 dual weber carbs for its straight six engine....  Clint and I were drooling over them....until the owner said $400 EACH....  :>( 

I felt better when I LAPPED the triumph later in the day!!  :>) (Clint did too)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Fuck tuning quad webbers... but considering they have an iron block Chevy V8 with no source of direct air flow... The judges will probably always lets it through with no laps because the end result will ALWAYS be the same... steam, smoke and scalded hands.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Hmm - I bought an abandoned '84 C4 that had been stripped and caged for $800 (to rebuild as my track car) - do we get a cage allowance in the price wink?

- shortest Dorifto Dog

littledog wrote:

Hmm - I bought an abandoned '84 C4 that had been stripped and caged for $800 (to rebuild as my track car) - do we get a cage allowance in the price wink?

Only if you keep the 'CeaseFire' injection system...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

63 (edited by harddriveracing.com 2010-02-08 02:57 PM)

Airflow airflow airflow...3 core radiator and dump the TPI...

I speak from experience...

http://noheat.com/images/HDRWEDDINGDSC_0181.JPG

TheHeckler wrote:
littledog wrote:

Still got that, the 4+3 manual/auto trans, and the Knight Rider dash!

- shortest Dorifto Dog

Serj wrote:

you want to be true heros? get TWO bosch K-Jet mechanical systems from the 2.6 190Es and make it work on the SBC big_smile

Would you leave your complaints about CIS out of this? I really don't care what you think of K-Jet. K-Jet is the most superawesometotallyrad fueling system ever invented by man.

<- hopeless K-Jet lover. I can K-Jet anything out there. It's not something I'm entirely proud of. tongue

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

littledog wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:
littledog wrote:

Sell the 4+3 for 2000 and stuff a TH350 in there...

Sons of STIG

littledog wrote:

Did someone say Knight Rider?

I remember when these guys pulled into the pits the day of tech inspection.   The paddock broke into a a chant "CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS".  Im sorry they didn't do better.  See ya at Sears guys....

dan200

Captain of The UNDERGROUND and Lemons SPAMBASSADOR

icemang17 wrote:

There was  a triumph something at Thunderhill test day with a sweet setup of 3 dual weber carbs for its straight six engine....  Clint and I were drooling over them....until the owner said $400 EACH....  :>( 

I felt better when I LAPPED the triumph later in the day!!  :>) (Clint did too)

Pierce Manifolds had a booth set up at a vintage race I attended last year.  I asked how much it would cost to put dual DCOEs on my Sunbeam (they have the manifold listed on their website, but no price.)  Their response:  "At least a grand, plus tuning, plus a whole lot of heartache."

Riktor wrote:
littledog wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

Crap - you can seriously get that kind of coin for the original trans?  I have a friend trying to sell me a Tex Racing T-10...

- shortest Dorifto Dog

littledog wrote:
Riktor wrote:
littledog wrote:

Crap - you can seriously get that kind of coin for the original trans?  I have a friend trying to sell me a Tex Racing T-10...

I tried to buy one about 6 months ago and the guy wouldn't sell it to me for anything less than 1500. 1500 is average for those POS's but since they are factory original, they are desired/rare/collectable. Considering they are heavy pigs and can't hold anything over 300HP (reliably) I had to pass.

Sons of STIG

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/1605528867.html

Here is the carb set-up to use.

Get an e-bay manifold and use a Holley or Motorcraft clone....you'll be glad at trackside when you tune it...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Demon 4500...

Sons of STIG