Re: Public apology

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Um, guys. ... and thus you can't expect point by passing...

Um, you can expect point-bys from me up at Sears (ahem) Pointless.

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Um, guys.  There is no such thing as "blocking" in a car race.  Really it's just defending your line.  You are not supposed to drift over on a straight with the intention of preventing the forward progress of a faster car but when you are setting up for a turn you can take the middle line to thwart a late braking rival.  Now, if that guy in front of you takes a defensive line entering a turn you can move to the outside on corner entry and gain the advantage on corner exit.  If you have to do some mad dive bomb to pass a car, the problem is not that he's blocking you, it's that you're are not really much faster and have to press the issue to get by.  Lemons is still an automobile race and thus you can't expect point by passing.  If you have to hit a car in front of you in order to pass it trust me you are not doing it right.

As much as I hate to say it that's true.  I had an issue with the Viva Las Vegas CRX for probably 15 laps where he was pretty much "blocking" me.  Only problem was...other cars were getting around him smile.  I just didn't have the power where I needed it to get by him (substitute skill for power).  Yeah there were a couple instances where it was very suspect, but hey, I figured saving the car for myself and my team was worth more than showing that I had bigger cajones.  Ce la vie.

Gnome!! No such thing as blocking?  Here is the F1 rules including unfair blocking

Penalties may be imposed on drivers for numerous offenses, including starting prematurely, speeding in the pitlane, causing an accident, blocking unfairly, or ignoring flags of any color.

It is a common thing many times excused as defending the line but one move over is defending the line a second move over while being over taken is blocking. Then there is the scenario where one team driver is blocking for another or at times different teams will block for each other to give some one else a clean run.

I have been blocked for numerous laps and because of the tracks tight technical layout i was unwilling to make a risky maneuver that could end with one or both cars being damaged. I had to wait for the passing flag to be shown and then i was able to pull away from them .

Still it is to bad this incident happened and i am sure those involved are licking there wounds and swearing they will never do it again. I believe in patience and forgiveness and if that does not work! Grind them into dust..

Pen

Pendejo wrote:

Gnome!! No such thing as blocking?  Here is the F1 rules including unfair blocking.......

Oh no you didn't....

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

jw33 wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

Gnome!! No such thing as blocking?  Here is the F1 rules including unfair blocking.......

Oh no you didn't....

Yep

st_rage wrote:
fabtoys wrote:

so I preceded to drive to there pit and collapsed his trunk in a flick of a switch and the press of a button on the controls .Then they were yelling at me that there is a driver in the car ,so I reminded them that there was a driver in my car when he hit me me 4 times .

Let me know when/where you guys are racing so I can pick a different race.  It disgusts me that you are bragging about this.  At least the OP is apologizing for his behavior.

It's Lemons.  There's plenty of incompetent drivers out there that are going to hit you because of some stupid mistake they made.  I'm one of them.  My 5'0" wife is one of them.  I'm worried enough about getting hurt on the track.  I don't need to be worried about my safety in the pits.  Stay home if your brain is smaller than your testicles.

Oh yea I forgot the part that when my car was on track with both rear tires in different directions.The guy driving the ex copcar stopped and waved at my car and did a brake stand .

Not really bragging but just telling how Lemons has changed, this was like 28 races ago .

I actually had a couple of beers with that team and laughed about it .

Getting into fist fights at Lemons would be hilarious to see guy dressed as a Faster Farms chicken or a Molly maid and beating  back at some Jackass .

I think whoever starts a fist fight should be an automatic peoples curse right after  they start fighting ther car is smashed!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Eyesoreracing wrote:

Competitive is fine, but if you're gonna be on the track with the rest of us, you've got to be able to keep your brain engaged at the same time. You're allowed maybe 5 seconds of fist pounding rage after getting t-boned, but by the time you start big, heavy deathwagen around the track again, you need to be in control.

If it was that same kind of rage that got you past all those bikes at WSIR, I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself.

That apology better come with some kind of understanding of just how unimportant this stupid shit is, or I don't want you on the track (or especially in the pits) with us.

I'm 37 and have been dealing with this which is basiclly a genetic illness for most of my life. Walk a mile in my shoes before making a comment like that last one before you know me.

Deathmobile

Steve W wrote:

Apology accepted, but I'd feel it was a bit more heartfelt if you hadn't used the words "T-boned".

From my point of view, after following you for 45 mins where you would actively block in the only point I could get by, I made a move at a half chance in turn 4, and you closed the door on me. The contact was mostly my fault, but not entirely.

I was pissed at myself for making a dumb move and I would have apologized to you then and there if I had a chance.

I was trying to set up for a late apex on 4 to get a better drive to drag race the F'ed Up E30 and try to out brake into 5. I wasn't trying to block, I was trying to set up for a pass.

Deathmobile

NYPD 323 wrote:
Eyesoreracing wrote:

Competitive is fine, but if you're gonna be on the track with the rest of us, you've got to be able to keep your brain engaged at the same time. You're allowed maybe 5 seconds of fist pounding rage after getting t-boned, but by the time you start big, heavy deathwagen around the track again, you need to be in control.

If it was that same kind of rage that got you past all those bikes at WSIR, I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself.

That apology better come with some kind of understanding of just how unimportant this stupid shit is, or I don't want you on the track (or especially in the pits) with us.

I'm 37 and have been dealing with this which is basiclly a genetic illness for most of my life. Walk a mile in my shoes before making a comment like that last one before you know me.

so you are claiming genetic rage issues and yet you consume massive amounts of caffeine and enter in to a competitive enviroment that typically triggers fervor in normal people?  what does your Shrink have to say about that?

i was on your side before this remark Bro.  i'm calling BullShit on you now.  sounds like you were just another jack-ed up ass with too much testosterone and no creative outlet.  kinda like High School Jock syndrome from every bad 80's movie ever made.

Other Sports Beckon.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Nypd 323
What was your placing in the race that you needed to pass the 2nd place car ? Were you at anytime in the battle for the lead  I DOUBT IT! especially with Eyesore with a 10 lap lead.
My car has all sorts of advice writtn on the cage and steering wheels such as  NO ROAD RAGE ,20 year old car no warranty , keep your attitude back at the pits ,If you crash or break you got 5 guys who are going to be pissed.

I smashed a guys trunk with Bobcat but was mostly for the funny factor not much of an anger thing.I never publically apologized Just to that team.
So you are steping up to the plate to your actions which takes a real man to accept he was an Asshole.I'll race with you but will be a little mad if you T bone me,but I doubt you'll ever do that again.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

soldmystang wrote:
NYPD 323 wrote:
Eyesoreracing wrote:

so you are claiming genetic rage issues and yet you consume massive amounts of caffeine and enter in to a competitive enviroment that typically triggers fervor in normal people?  what does your Shrink have to say about that?

i was on your side before this remark Bro.  i'm calling BullShit on you now.  sounds like you were just another jack-ed up ass with too much testosterone and no creative outlet.  kinda like High School Jock syndrome from every bad 80's movie ever made.

Other Sports Beckon.

Go read up on biPolar disorder and the side effects the medications that I'll be taking for the rest of my life can cause. I drink Caffine because it was the morning and I like it. While your misjudging someone you don't know I'll be getting monthly blood tests for the meds, to monitor my kidneys, and heart from side effects.

my shrink thinks its funny.

I didn't know who the second place car was since the scoring never got posted from saturday and I was in the first stint sunday, so by the time anything was posted I was already on the track. Or did you not hear Jay say that in sundays driver meeting.

Why do I want to be involved with racing. lets see. I'm a VW technician for a living, I've been a gear head for years, I instruct for a sport bike trackday company. Why would I want to be around a racetrack. Hmmm.....................................................................

I'm trying to be open and honest. You want to judge someone you don't know then go ahead and be the asshole. I'm over it. I've decided I like to Jetta too much to subject it to having to drill holes in the roof anyways. Without the $500 limit to worry about I'm going to check out Speedventures Time trials and do a 1.8t conversion to it.

Deathmobile

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Um, guys.  There is no such thing as "blocking" in a car race.  Really it's just defending your line.  You are not supposed to drift over on a straight with the intention of preventing the forward progress of a faster car

yep, that's blocking.  wink

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

NYPD 323 wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
NYPD 323 wrote:

Other Sports Beckon.

Go read up on biPolar disorder and the side effects the medications that I'll be taking for the rest of my life can cause. I drink Caffine because it was the morning and I like it. While your misjudging someone you don't know I'll be getting monthly blood tests for the meds, to monitor my kidneys, and heart from side effects.

my shrink thinks its funny.

I didn't know who the second place car was since the scoring never got posted from saturday and I was in the first stint sunday, so by the time anything was posted I was already on the track. Or did you not hear Jay say that in sundays driver meeting.

Why do I want to be involved with racing. lets see. I'm a VW technician for a living, I've been a gear head for years, I instruct for a sport bike trackday company. Why would I want to be around a racetrack. Hmmm.....................................................................

I'm trying to be open and honest. You want to judge someone you don't know then go ahead and be the asshole. I'm over it. I've decided I like to Jetta too much to subject it to having to drill holes in the roof anyways. Without the $500 limit to worry about I'm going to check out Speedventures Time trials and do a 1.8t conversion to it.

judging you?  no i don't believe i am.  judging your behavior?  yes i believe we all are. 

i don't know you but i don't know that i want to risk meeting you in a situation where you are not in control of your "illness".  Dude i understand wanting to do something you enjoy and have an attachment to, but if it is at the risk of other people i think you should reconsider your hobbies.

as for the caffeine maybe you should try a cup of coffee rather than some hyper shot of psychosis in a can.

and i believe you wrapped it all up in one sentence.  if you can't commit your Jetta to the whims of the Lemons Judges and their Penalties, you don't have the mindset in place for Lemons.

i wish you luck with your health issues.  maybe "real" racing will be more your cup of tea.  which by the way also has reduced amounts of caffeine and is considered refreshing by many people.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Time Trials isn't real racing.

Regarding caffeine drinks, I don't see why that is really relevant.

Bipolar disorder, meds, and doctors is more information than I need.

Here's a simple way to look at it, if you weren't restrained and did confront the other driver, what would have happened?

Had you assaulted them, you could be arrested for assault.  Then you could explain it all to a real judge, not a Jonny & Phil.  I am pretty sure it worked out better for you this way.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Bi-polar, shrinks, F1, ect.... can we discuss how the big bang is really the root cause?

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Hey Men in Black, I have a penalty idea for the hotheads.....make 'em recite the text of the Treaty of Versailles....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

NYPD 323 wrote:

I'm a VW technician for a living

Well that's your problem right there.  lol I would be insane if I had to work on VWs all the time.

Ok, just a sec here.  F1?  Paleeze.  Lemons racing is an AMATEUR pastime who's participants are mostly middle aged dream weavers brought together by a love for motorsport and the creative drive to tinker on valueless toy cars.  Out on the track fun is the name of the game and getting worked up for anything else is just digging for fools gold.

What can be taken away from reading this thread is that we all have differing thresholds of anger and one needs to be considerate of that when pressing the issue in the heat of the moment.  So far Team Gnome has had zero ass wuppings dealt to us and we hope to keep it that way.  I for one have a glass jaw.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Ok, just a sec here.  F1?  Paleeze.  Lemons racing is an AMATEUR pastime who's participants are mostly middle aged dream weavers brought together by a love for motorsport and the creative drive to tinker on valueless toy cars.  Out on the track fun is the name of the game and getting worked up for anything else is just digging for fools gold.

Couldn't have said it better.  The F1 rules don't apply.  The only rule that is enforced is "All Fault".  Drive accordingly.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

soldmystang wrote:

Pretty sure most people who get involved in auto racing have a "highly competitive" or ever so slightly aggro tendency. My two cents, not having been there is "shit happens" and sometimes people get a little too aggro. It's how you deal with it when you pull into the pits that makes the difference.

The way I can relate to the this sad tale is from my experience at Thunderhill 2008 when I got slammed hard into a chicane (you can see it here: http://www.racesharks.com/videos.asp?vid=29). When I got into the pit having been flagged, I was fuming. First mistake: slammed my helmet down. Second mistake: I ran off looking for the miscreant driver to have words. Fortunately, I didn't find them. Third mistake: later, having cooled my jets a little, I had some calm but pointed words with the wrong team (ha!).

And for those saying it's Lemons, chill the f*** out! For me, it wasn't as much about being competitive as much as it was about having my first real accident in a race. It rattled me.

And Alex, blocking happens and it's annoying (and sometimes dangerous). Many many a time, you have your bumper well inside another car and they don't see you (or they do) and slam the door. I've learned that you have to first figure out if they see you and determine what they will do in order to get the safe pass.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

"And Alex, blocking happens and it's annoying (and sometimes dangerous). Many many a time, you have your bumper well inside another car and they don't see you (or they do) and slam the door. I've learned that you have to first figure out if they see you and determine what they will do in order to get the safe pass."

OK I can see that.  I guess I never thought of it as blocking, just racing.  It's true that sometimes drivers don't want to admit that they are being passed and take that apex anyway.  Driving a 1600lb car makes you a nice guy in those situations believe me.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Troy wrote:

Regarding caffeine drinks, I don't see why that is really relevant.

read on.  smile   http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh … ?t=1387541

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

mashed potatoes with lots of gravy and chocolate milk in between stints.  trust me.  you'll feel great.

Okay maybe I'm not competitive ENOUGH (unlikely) but this is my take on "blocking" at Lemons... "give me a break".....just like in DE's if someone catches you from behind they are FASTER than you...let them go...maybe you can learn something by watching their lines..... 

actively blocking a faster car (probably more than one)...is just a DICK maneuver...let them go and wait for the spin out, passing under yellow or black flags that they will most likely get.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

75 (edited by Mulry 2010-01-27 06:19 PM)

Troy wrote:

Had you assaulted them, you could be arrested for assault.  Then you could explain it all to a real judge, not a Jonny & Phil.  I am pretty sure it worked out better for you this way.

Great Caesar's Ghost! Have we reached the point where Troy is the voice of reason?

Dogs living with cats. That's what's next. Cats living with dogs.

smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.