Re: Public apology

Mulry wrote:

Great Caesar's Ghost! Have we reached the point where Troy is the voice of reason?

Dogs living with cats. That's what's next. Cats living with dogs.

Remain calm-- it hasn't yet reached the point where I'm the one giving racing advice.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

77 (edited by LTDScott 2010-01-27 06:35 PM)

SharkBait wrote:

Many many a time, you have your bumper well inside another car and they don't see you (or they do) and slam the door. I've learned that you have to first figure out if they see you and determine what they will do in order to get the safe pass.

Having a horn comes in REALLY handy in this situation. I have avoided hitting several cars that have tried to close the door on me while I was already next to them by just tapping the horn. It worked so well in the first race I tried it that I added a loud ass Cadillac horn for the next race.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

"I'm 37 and have been dealing with this which is basiclly a genetic illness for most of my life. Walk a mile in my shoes before making a comment like that last one before you know me."

i have 20+ years living with a bi-polar wife. errrrrr ex-wife. i have walked in your shoes. trust me, your drinking of any caffiene product is a bad thing.

If you are getting angry at all about anything at a Lemons race then you are simply missing the point and you should ask yourself if you want to go back; allowed, forgiven, or not.

bob-e wrote:
NYPD 323 wrote:

I'm a VW technician for a living

Well that's your problem right there.  lol I would be insane if I had to work on VWs all the time.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Deathmobile

Ok, just a sec here.  F1?  Paleeze.  Lemons racing is an AMATEUR pastime who's participants are mostly middle aged dream weavers brought together by a love for motorsport and the creative drive to tinker on valueless toy cars.  Out on the track fun is the name of the game and getting worked up for anything else is just digging for fools gold.

F1,NASA,SCCA, BMW club racing they ALL have a no blocking rule. SharkBait is correct that it is a dangerous thing and 99% of the time ends in a not so great way. It being a NON professional race is no excuse to be a bad driver.

Also Troy to say TT is not real racing by the word of the rules it is a timed event but don't think some serious racing does not take place and very aggressive racing. When you are standing at Willow Springs watching Dan Don in the factory supported Scion and one of the Mothers RX8's bump draft and rip each others front and rear bumpers off for 6 laps till they spun off in turn one. What was both there excuse for the ultra aggressive driving in a TT event,,, BLOCKING!!!

Pendejo

Pendejo wrote:

Lemons racing is an AMATEUR pastime who's participants are mostly middle aged dream weavers brought together by a love for motorsport and the creative drive to tinker on valueless toy cars.  Out on the track fun is the name of the game and getting worked up for anything else is just digging for fools gold.

Can we ask that this be the new header on the home page?!?

POS_JiXer wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

Lemons racing is an AMATEUR pastime who's participants are mostly middle aged dream weavers brought together by a love for motorsport and the creative drive to tinker on valueless toy cars.  Out on the track fun is the name of the game and getting worked up for anything else is just digging for fools gold.

Can we ask that this be the new header on the home page?!?

I did not write that. That was a quote from Gnomme he gets the credit for that one.

Pendejo

Sharkbait The grinch pushed you into the other tire wall SORRY AGAIN MY BADD

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

mass hysteria!

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

LOUD NOISES

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I love lamp

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

This is all very interesting.........

Let's see, all racing, cheap or expensive, fast or slow, big cars or little karts, experienced or beginners has:

wreaks, crashes, offs, motors blowing up, mistakes, red mist, blocking, winners, lots of losers, crappy driving,  stc., etc.

Contrary to most who have posted on here, I have been guilty of a Black Flag, I went under a slower car to the apex at Buttonwillow, the driver says he never saw me, but it doesn't matter, I should have been assuming he did not know I was there. We contacted, I pushed his door in. He was upset about it. I brought him a beer and apologized. I believe it was my fault, especially since I have racing experience and he did not.

Another time I got hit in the rear, again I got blag flagged, I did not like it but that is Lemons. My team and I are competitive, we want to brag we won,......but it is Lemons, it is not a big deal, and even in NASA or SCCA, good grief we are battling for plastic trophies.

You have got to enter this stuff expecting problems and disappointments, as listed above. If you expect to be taken out on the first lap, then every lap after that is a bonus!

I agree with those who acknowledge your apology. You may want to possibly consider whether racing in general is a good idea with your condition. All of us have limitations whether physical or mental or emotional, and for the sake of everyones safety, we all do well to consider if our limitations may cause injury to another and/or may deminish the FUN factor for all participants including ourselves.

My sister does have your condition and I am aware that it is important for her to watch and balance: her diet, medication, activities, sleep, stress stc.  I hope you find the proper balance so that you can enjoy activities you love, without risky harm to your self or others.

Cheers,
the Shoe

IcantDo55 wrote:

I love lamp

I love carpet.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I like cheese

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

91 (edited by RobL 2010-01-28 12:29 PM)

Speedycop wrote:
IcantDo55 wrote:

I love lamp

I love carpet.

I love headlights and bare floors.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

1400laps (quote) in NASA or SCCA, good grief we are battling for plastic trophies.

WTF!! You get trophies!!! We keep getting those little gold medals with ribbon that always falls off.

pendejo

You mean if you win one of these things you get prizes? Damn, now I'll really try hard...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

fabtoys wrote:

Sharkbait The grinch pushed you into the other tire wall SORRY AGAIN MY BADD

Clay was driving that time so you might owe him a beer but I am sure he's completely forgotten about it since he often takes the shark up on two wheels. It saves on tires.

As far as I am concerned, it made for some pretty compelling footage watching the shark running the turn on two wheels and then crashing down hard. It also validated the "engineering" behind our ghettrofitted 750iL front springs.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

NASA? SCCA?
Are you telling me that some of you guys are actual race car drivers?
Whats next? Umbrella girls?

J.

http://blog.axlenut.org/wp-content/umbrella-girl-02.jpg

Yeah baby!
#47 Impreza:  2009 Lamest Day; 3rd / 2010 Capital Offense; 4th (with a blown head gasket) / 2010 New England something or another; 60 somethingth, f'n wheel bearing / 2010 Lemons Fall South 77th out a 101 - all 10 feet shot off! Then there was Miami...

Exactly, headlights but I'm left to wonder about the bare floors.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Umbrella girls.  Yes.  I knew there was something missing.

I'm trying to get my wife into this sport....that doesn't help.....works for me, however...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Not sleeping from thursday morning to friday night just connstantly work, driving to Phoenix, chasing parts them working some more, then chasing more part. I'm dizzy now.

It was a long week coming into that race. just getting over being sick and almost put in the hospital 3 weeks ago. Finishing the car last minute do to recovery time, blah blah blah. This isn't a normal thing. I'm usually the one in the pits handing out a beer, loaning tools, constintly reminding Phil I won't go camping with him.

If this paints a better picture my boss just made me a trainer today with a raise. I've fixed cars with electrical problems the head of the west coast emmissions lab couldn't figure out. I'm usefull to have around the pits.

Deathmobile