Topic: Knock Off Wheels

Are they legal?  If so any ideas on how to add a safety wire or something?

Re: Knock Off Wheels

Should be legal if safety wired.  I googled it for ya http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/faq/technical.html

Kirkham should issue a cease and desist for even being linked to on this forum. Those cars are just sick. I'm dying to build one someday.

My wife, who is no fan of the car auction scene and who sees cars mostly as utilitarian objects for getting from place to place, saw the 1963 Cobra that went across the block at Barrett-Jackson on Friday night (or Saturday?), it was black over a dark red interior, and she made appropriate cooing noises. There is hope for her yet.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

You have to be careful at those auctions.  My wife and I were at the Monterey auction a few years ago.  My wife spotted a friend that was selling his AutoKraft Cobra (cover of R&T twice).  She said, "why don't you bid it up a little to help him out."  We had that car for about 10 years.

bob-e wrote:

Should be legal if safety wired.  I googled it for ya http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/faq/technical.html

I figured as much, I found some Dayton 18" Chrome wire wheels that will fit on the van of doom.    I just cant resist the pimpage.

OldFart wrote:

You have to be careful at those auctions.  My wife and I were at the Monterey auction a few years ago.  My wife spotted a friend that was selling his AutoKraft Cobra (cover of R&T twice).  She said, "why don't you bid it up a little to help him out."  We had that car for about 10 years.

Well that's what questionable ethics gets ya... fun car though I bet!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.