Topic: Competitive Crap Can

So I recently got to do a video interview for FeaturedGarage[ with Disco from Disco Racing Team and it certainly has me pumped to start my Lemons adventure. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rx37Wl5YY

Re: Competitive Crap Can

Well done.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

2nd that. Very well done video.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Thanks Lucas it was fun to be the center of attention lol.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Cool!!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Good Job!

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Most honest, believable and accurate depiction of Lemons I have seen.  Well, except the exclusion of our awesome themes, costumes and "unintended" tranny fluid smoke screens.

We tried to hit on all those points but there was just so much material that the video just had to be direct and short.  I hope to be able to keep having the Featured Garage guys follow the natural progression of the car and make more videos with the Disco racing team. 
I do know that I will be helping the Featured Garage guys build their second Lemons car so maybe we can elaborate more in the videos pertaining to their car and build.

Our goal with the current video is to spread the word about Lemons.  I street drive my Crx and take it to local car meets.  When I'm there I'm usually inundated with questions about Lemons.  Let's hope we have drummed up a few more teams.

Disco

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Disco wrote:

We tried to hit on all those points but there was just so much material that the video just had to be direct and short.  I hope to be able to keep having the Featured Garage guys follow the natural progression of the car and make more videos with the Disco racing team. 
I do know that I will be helping the Featured Garage guys build their second Lemons car so maybe we can elaborate more in the videos pertaining to their car and build.

Our goal with the current video is to spread the word about Lemons.  I street drive my Crx and take it to local car meets.  When I'm there I'm usually inundated with questions about Lemons.  Let's hope we have drummed up a few more teams.

Disco

Was not knocking it....honestly.  You guys were the real deal and video was an honest depiction of the "getting to the track" and "why am I here" part of the process. 

Without 30-45 minutes of video it would hard to even scratch the surface of all aspects of 24-hours of Lemons.  Outside of the already Lemons faithful, who is going to sit through that.

Plus the instrument panel made from an old toolbox lid is amazing. Seriously.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Nice Video of Serious Crapcan Racing!

Love the front swaybarS

ppressle wrote:

Love the front swaybarS

Those were actually rear anti sway bars.  The front still has the stock hf anti sway bar on stock bushings.
I am very proud of the multiple bars in the rear!!!

I love that you portray Lemons as a serious race. A lot of people still think this is a joke. We're out there trying to drive as fast as possible, because competitive racing is fun.

Also, HOLY CRAP that CRX is quick!

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

FPRbuzz wrote:

I love that you portray Lemons as a serious race. A lot of people still think this is a joke. We're out there trying to drive as fast as possible, because competitive racing is fun.

Also, HOLY CRAP that CRX is quick!

Yeah I hate that everyone that hasn't actually raced in a Lemons race thinks we are all out there on a Sunday drive/ demolition derby.  We all know it's the exact opposite.  Fun and games in the pits but when the green flag drops it's all business. 

Thanks for the compliment on my super shitty Crx ha ha ha.  Many many many serious hours of tweaking and intense scrutiny have gone into it to make it what it is.