Topic: BIG THANKS to Lemons Crew, The B-Team, and Eyesore...

(If you don't know me, I am J. from the POS Racing Team - Current car: F'ed Up e30)

Well, I think a big thanks is due to everyone for making this all so much fun including whoever it was that entered the track after turn 2 and ended up in the water before turn 3. Is that a record of any sort?

But First, I would like to specifically thank the Lemons crew for doing what they do and thats not a suck-up. Its actually a reaction to my realization of how hard it must be to sit and watch us all have so much fun. I could never do it. Its hard enough for me to watch my teammates drive! So thanks to all of you organizers, judges, worker bees, money cougars, etc.

Second; To The B-Team.... one of those little unannounced paddock miracles occurred when in an effort to save our brakes we roasted our tires and the very first team I asked for help stepped up big time and loaned us their wheels and tires. So mad props to the B-Team especially considering that the previous day my surprise dive in to turn 5 caused them to lock their brakes and spin out. (I had the line, I just don't think he expected me to take it). So yeah. Thanks so much to a bunch of really cool guys. We couldn't have finished in second place without you. And if anyone ever tries to give them the People's Curse, I'm car jacking their ride and storming out of the place with it to save it from being crushed!

Third: To Team Eyesore, thanks for simply being F'in Rad! The costumes, The car decor, The attitude, The driver skill and track etiquette, The competition, was all awesome and inspiring! Thank you for all of it.

Peace & Speed,
J. Farina
www.posracing.com

Re: BIG THANKS to Lemons Crew, The B-Team, and Eyesore...

POS_JiXer wrote:

Well, I think a big thanks is due to everyone for making this all so much fun including whoever it was that entered the track after turn 2 and ended up in the water before turn 3. Is that a record of any sort?

Yes it was a personal record for sure lol. Here is the vid of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaIpSSYQBuo

At least once I got the tires cleaned off I was able to turn low 114's and a 113.9 lol

POS_JiXer wrote:

So mad props to the B-Team

No worries J, all in the name of good ol' fun racing.  Everyone on the B-Team certainly has long memories, and at T-Hill Pandamonium stepped up and gave us a head gasket after we roasted ours on Saturday.  That was pretty f'n cool of them and allowed us to run part of Sunday (until we roasted that one).  I'm not sure they ever got the public recognition they deserved for that, but they did win that race, so at least they paid forward karma.  smile

Regardless, thanks for the mad props.  We are really happy to help out teams any way we can, especially a fellow E30 team (certain Johnny rant to follow here).

POS_JiXer wrote:

especially considering that the previous day my surprise dive in to turn 5 caused them to lock their brakes and spin out. (I had the line, I just don't think he expected me to take it).

Yeah, so that was me driving.  I was having a ton of fun with you on the track, for what, 20 or 30 laps or so?  You had me on the straight, for sure, but I felt like I was making time on you through the oval.  Regardless, I knew it was a matter of time until you made a move in 3-4-5 (especially since you were way faster through 4 then me and I had yet to discover that I could take 3 hella faster).

I spun because: 1) I knew you were there, but not sure where and I didn't want to risk you "t-boning" me; 2) I hadn't gone wide at 5 yet and got a little spooked at the prospect of going 4-off sideways; and 3) I'm a shitty driver.  smile

Honestly, I just trail-braked a bit too much post-commit and paid for it.  However, I was pleased that I stayed out of your side and thought that it was a class act that before I could come over and say "good times!" you were in our pits doing the same.

+1 for POS Racing

No really, I am.

#72 - PussyWagën E30
#74 - Just Plain Stupid Chotus

I'll second that, F'ed Up. Racing is really about people, and we've been bailed out of tough spots by other teams in the past as well. Pay it forward, right?

I have to say Phoenix was the some of the best driving I've seen at a Lemons event. Perhaps because the small field made it feel more like a track day, but people were remarkably easy going and respectful on track.

And if the Bunny team is reading this thread, I had a great time trading positions and point-bys with you guys.

Well, had we known how helpful the B-Team was to their fellow racers, we might have cut them some slack on one of their many visits to the Penalty Box.

Let that be a lesson. Wanna pay back a kindness? Spray paint "thanks from team X" on the car of the team who helped you. That way the judges know.

And thanks for the love, F'ed Up guy. Very clever disguise you guys had, hiding your fast car in a sea of E30s. I had been passing E30s for something like 2 hours before I caught up to you and realized I hadn't seen yours before. Wait a minute, this guy must be fast!

Hope we see you at Sears Pointless.

Yes, we will be there. And we may be spray painting something on your car.... a Bull's Eye! smile
Unfortunately, we will likely be staring at it all day again because that silly little car of your is just too fast. We can squeeze no more power or shed any more weigh out of our car, so she is what she and we'll have fun chasing you guys around either way.
And yes, we will see you at Sonoma! Can't wait!
J.

+1 on POS being fast.  Our Revenge eta was no match.  Must have been passed by you and Eyesore 3x per stint.  It was a blast racing with all of you guys.  We're eyeing a 914 atm and may put it together for Arse-Freeze.  A perfect candidate for a ghettocharger.

POS_JiXer wrote:

I'm thinking they forgot they weren't in a desert race lol

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

10 (edited by MurileeMartin 2010-01-28 11:26 AM)

Eyesoreracing wrote:

Let that be a lesson. Wanna pay back a kindness? Spray paint "thanks from team X" on the car of the team who helped you. That way the judges know.

We're thinking of creating a Brownie Points form that recipients of help from fellow teams can fill out and turn in to the Lemons Supreme Court. A totally subjective system, but a team with lots of BPs might get slack cut in Black Flag Court and/or jumped to the head of the line when applications for the next race come in.

Also, there will be a bulletin board for the use of teams that need parts and/or tool loans. Announcing that stuff on the PA never works.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Also, there will be a bulletin board for the use of teams that need parts and/or tool loans. Announcing that stuff on the PA never works.

That would rock

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

It drives us crazy when cars get knocked out of the race because teams are reluctant to canvass the pits for (readily available) parts, tools, and/or wrenchin' skills that would get them back on the track, especially considering that most Lemons teams are eager to help their fellow racers. We're hoping the bulletin board will make things easier.

Eyesoreracing wrote:

in a sea of E30s.

What  a dick. Seriously, would a sea of gheto turboed Miatas be any better?  I mean, not that that could happen because I still can't find a $500 Miata, but what do I know.  Maybe you use Bing or something.  tongue

Take that German hater.  :poke:

MurileeMartin wrote:

We're thinking of creating a Brownie Points form that recipients of help from fellow teams can fill out and turn in to the Lemons Supreme Court.

I see this being abused with the "scratch our back we'll scratch yours" philosophy.  I think you paint your thanks on your own car.  So we'd have a huge "Thanks Pandamonium - THill '09" on the side of our shitbox.  You guys both have long memories, so I'm not worried about it in any case.

And we weren't in the penalty box *that* much.  You just missed us and decided that two off was a good reason to chat with us a couple times.  big_smile

No really, I am.

#72 - PussyWagën E30
#74 - Just Plain Stupid Chotus

MurileeMartin wrote:

It drives us crazy when cars get knocked out of the race because teams are reluctant to canvass the pits for (readily available) parts, tools, and/or wrenchin' skills that would get them back on the track, especially considering that most Lemons teams are eager to help their fellow racers. We're hoping the bulletin board will make things easier.

That would definitely be an improvement, but I'd be worried that the teams that have those precious parts may not be checking the board as often as would take to make this work. Maybe jay could read an hourly digest of the wishlist over the PA.

"Teams are looking for the following parts, if you can help meet them at HQ:
An E30 clutch,
a Ford 5.0 Belt
Honda d16 Head gasket

etc etc etc"

Your thoughts?

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

Westyside wrote:

Maybe jay could read an hourly digest of the wishlist over the PA.

"Teams are looking for the following parts, if you can help meet them at HQ:
An E30 clutch,
a Ford 5.0 Belt
Honda d16 Head gasket

etc etc etc"

Your thoughts?

We've tried that. Jay never has time and things are usually too crazy to get info to the right guy. On top of that, most tracks we go to do not have a usable PA system. The bulletin board + brownie points for teams that help others should be a workable system, since teams whose cars are running fine will have a motivation to seek out other teams to help.