Topic: Thompson 2016 roll call

DNF Racing will be there with the miata.
Who else is showing up?

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

Re: Thompson 2016 roll call

3PM is in, only 3 cars this time: Civic, TR7, Cressida.  The new builds won't be ready.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

3 (edited by budgie 2016-06-21 06:12 AM)

Hammerheads Racing is back. We're bringing the Probelem.

Having said that, we haven't heard from Lemons HQ.

Edit: We're in.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Opel is in. Please pass on the right. smile

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

or maybe left.

This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

and right behind the Opel, is our '87 Prelude, Opus #28 for MarioKart Driving School.
Hopefully with 4th gear working....
Time to get the tranny out....!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

We're in! Leaving the t-bird at home and bringing an enormous mopar. Fingers crossed it will be "faster" than the fuego was last year.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

8 (edited by russian 2016-06-22 07:45 PM)

How is this track on tires? We have two sets of good used, would it be enough?

Bringing a 1.6 Miata

9 (edited by CTSparky 2016-06-23 07:00 AM)

russian wrote:

Bringing a 1.6 Miata

Hey there...

We are the other team bringing a 1.6 miata.  The track isn't bad on tires, there are lots corners and not much of a front straight.  You will probably not scrape 5th gear at all.

But the track does put a lot of strain on pvc systems.  I suggest you create a catch can as many teams were sloshing oil real bad.

Our best lap was a 1:31.  Top competitors were doing 1:26- 1:30  a lap

Sparky.

"Cheat to win"

Gadget Inspectors are in with the 240SX...hopefully with a new powerplant this time that's less 'splody. And we'll have plenty of bass-less rooftop tunes.

<this message will self-destruct>

Chief Gadget Inspector
Fifteen-time Loser
S13 240SX (bent)

The 1979 Chevette Defeat Device will be there!  Hopefully there will be no more dark horses like "cough-cough, Whore-nets" that show up in class C.

Looking forward to racing against the super-grover rover!  It was a close battle last time in NJ.

We just have to make sure we top off on fuel when I get in for the last stint!  Running outta gas just before the checker sucks!

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

CTSparky wrote:
russian wrote:

Bringing a 1.6 Miata

Hey there...

We are the other team bringing a 1.6 miata.  The track isn't bad on tires, there are lots corners and not much of a front straight. 
Sparky.

Compared to New Hampshire, Thompson has a bleeding Mulsanne Straight.

The Merkurian Falcon will be there.

We will be there with the 2000 CLK 430 for our second race. We were not planning on doing this one but NJMP was a blast with the exception of one of our teammates, but that was addressed and now we have a good crew that is just in it for the fun of it.  The only question I have is about how many races do you get out of a set of tires. We rotated the front tires due to the outside edges being worn but the rears were good not even half way used. But i was curious with the hotter temps and shorter course will the tires wear quicker. We do have the original set that came with the car but they are just all season tires. Any info will be much appreciated.

Tire life depends on the car setup (alignment mostly), pavement quality, and how aggressive your drivers are.  Thompsons pavement is pretty easy on tires, unlike some tracks that are 36 grit sandpaper like CMP.  Having drivers that don't overdrive the tires is critical though, along with having the car properly aligned.  On our Honda we get at least 3 races and testing days on the northeast tracks.  On the heavier boat we got 2-3. Both are lifted properly and not overdriven.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Park Bench Racing will present with the infamous Buick.  We're in good shape except for some extra gold paint on the rear corner from a certain almost-Class-B-winning car that bumped me down in NJ...

smile

-mike

Team Z-Pocalypse will be there with our 87' Z.  Assuming our motor swap will be complete by then.  All we need to finish is our seat, harness, brakes, drive shaft, wiring, starter, steering, exhaust, paint, theme...

We got this.

-DJM

Dennis M
    Team Z-Pocalypse  '87 300zx

Sorry for Party Racing will be there.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

justb211 wrote:

We will be there with the 2000 CLK 430 for our second race. We were not planning on doing this one but NJMP was a blast with the exception of one of our teammates, but that was addressed and now we have a good crew that is just in it for the fun of it.  The only question I have is about how many races do you get out of a set of tires. We rotated the front tires due to the outside edges being worn but the rears were good not even half way used. But i was curious with the hotter temps and shorter course will the tires wear quicker. We do have the original set that came with the car but they are just all season tires. Any info will be much appreciated.

My experience at Thompson is that it is pretty easy on tires, the exception being the left front tire. Turn 1 provokes a  lot of understeer when you are offline (all the time in Lemons)

Is your team in the Mercedes that hit Bill in the Toyota MR2? I saw a video of that car hitting the Toyota which was signaling and pitting in. It was a pretty big hit that broke the MR2's wheel all the way around and put the Merc up on two wheels. Passing a car signaling coming in on the right at the pit in lane = real bad idea.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

19 (edited by budgie 2016-07-21 11:04 AM)

Not really a roll call item, per se. But...

Does anyone who's been to Thompson before know what radio freqs we should avoid? Rescue, LEO, FD, etc.

Or can anyone tell me how to find that info?

Thanks in advance.

B

Edit: Belay that. I found a list on the Thompson website. I'll post 'em after I get a confirmation from Thompson.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Per Thompson Speedway, these are the frequencies to avoid:

I hope this is helpful.

B

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.

budgie wrote:

Per Thompson Speedway, these are the frequencies to avoid:

I hope this is helpful.

B

Great thanks!

Were we allowed in on Thursday night last year? I can't remember

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

No.  Friday morning was a bit of a cluster as a result.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

No.  Friday morning was a bit of a cluster as a result.

Gates open at 7:30 am on Friday.  It gets packed pretty quickly and the bridge over to the paddocks is one lane only.  So be prepared to to get in line.
A few teams stayed in the walmart parking lot (Thursday night) and came early on Friday.  at 6;30 am there was almost no line.  By 7 the line had started.

There is a gas station about 15 minutes north of the track that was reasonable for filling.

My suggestion is to be prepared to drive in, and maybe think of unloading once things get a bit settled.

Sparky.

"Cheat to win"

Is there a hot pit or do you pit in your paddock space?