Re: Thompson 2016 roll call

autox124 wrote:

Is there a hot pit or do you pit in your paddock space?

Hot pit.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

hot pit

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

fuel/driver change only in hot pits, everything else in paddock space.

The Gin & Tonic cart and crew is ready to patrol the paddock after the track goes cold Saturday night.  The Audi on the other hand is nowhere near ready.

snuffy wrote:

The Gin & Tonic cart and crew is ready to patrol the paddock after the track goes cold Saturday night.  The Audi on the other hand is nowhere near ready.

Gin is disgusting, as is Tonic, but mixed together and offered while finishing a transmission swap? Elixir of the gods!  smile

snuffy wrote:

Excellent.   You guys are doing your part to stave off malaria at Lemons events. well done!

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Malaria AND Scurvy.

We got nothing for Zika though.

autox124 wrote:

Is there a hot pit or do you pit in your paddock space?

The Hot pit is pit lane.. that is only used during the actual race times for fueling and driver changes... nothing else.

Our team will have a paddock space.  We should be located very close to the Penalty area (I like watching the goings on....)

We will also have a RV setup along the left hand side of the road. This will be where we are doing our "driver refueling".

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

Anybody else get bumped out of garage space today? Now I have to either attempt to borrow my dad's come-squisher tow rig and enclosed trailer, or go spend more than the garage rental on tents. BLEEP. Probably hd nothing to do with my letter to them about last years "damage assessment".

Taking deep breaths and looking for a drink....

snuffy wrote:

best gin & tonic ever!

This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

fiasco wrote:

Anybody else get bumped out of garage space today? Now I have to either attempt to borrow my dad's come-squisher tow rig and enclosed trailer, or go spend more than the garage rental on tents. BLEEP. Probably hd nothing to do with my letter to them about last years "damage assessment".

Taking deep breaths and looking for a drink....

trying to find the garage spot locations. Anyone got it?

I got a call from the track yesterday. They were assigning the garages in advance this time. Big improvement from last year when we all rushed the office at 7am to try and get a garage.

Also confirmed they are not letting anyone in on Thursday; They have the Budweiser shootout on Wed night and thursday night is the rain date. Gate will open at 7am Friday.

The setup is the same as last year, where people with garages get the space in front of their garage. Non garage holders get to paddock on the hills again.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

Do yourself a favor and take pics of the entry way of the garage so if they decide to pull some crap like last year you are covered.  Not only that IF they do it again, DO NOT pay them, demand to speak to their boss and thats it.  I saw way too many folks get screwed out of $100+ last year, I told them to go screw and not only did I not pay, they came back and apologized to me (and I told the guy he was a dick anyway for how he approached me).

Sad I won't be there but having a baby (hopefully this weekend) so wife said no (and yeah I had the balls to ask....emphasis on had).

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

Do yourself a favor and take pics of the entry way of the garage so if they decide to pull some crap like last year you are covered.  Not only that IF they do it again, DO NOT pay them, demand to speak to their boss and thats it.  I saw way too many folks get screwed out of $100+ last year, I told them to go screw and not only did I not pay, they came back and apologized to me (and I told the guy he was a dick anyway for how he approached me).

Sad I won't be there but having a baby (hopefully this weekend) so wife said no (and yeah I had the balls to ask....emphasis on had).

Congrats on the pending birth Tom, that's awesome. Remember to push the motorsports toys..

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Greg S wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Congrats on the pending birth Tom, that's awesome. Remember to push the motorsports toys..

Greg

Thanks!  I keep showing the wife the youtube video of the 3 year old driving the go-kart but shes having none of it.

Team Pro Crash Duh Nation will be  there with the Alfa. I've set my sights pretty high- I'm hoping we finish the race with most of the driveline intact.

We are taking a one race break from our usual Pasta Party. So double up on the peanut butter and jelly for Saturday night if you are one of the 200 + people who show up for our Saturday night blowout.

After the struggle we had at NJMP with Angelina (the Alfa) and then moving Lollapa Pasta Fest into the garages while the storm was raging  we decided to take a break from the party we throw for Thompson. This will be the first time we aren't doing this in about 6 years so its a big deal.

The feast of Saint Lemoni will return to the Halloween Hooptifest at NHMS in October.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Also confirmed they are not letting anyone in on Thursday; They have the Budweiser shootout on Wed night and thursday night is the rain date. Gate will open at 7am Friday.

If they do get rained out Wednesday night and are racing Thursday, we will be there to watch.  Maybe if we get enough guys to show up, we can talk them into letting us run an exhibition race during intermission.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

WarpdSpazm wrote:

I got a call from the track yesterday. They were assigning the garages in advance this time. Big improvement from last year when we all rushed the office at 7am to try and get a garage...

Anyone else get a call? We reserved a garage months ago. I have an email confirmation. Do you think I should call them to confirm. I read in this forum that someone got bumped out a garage? How does that happen?

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

budgie wrote:
WarpdSpazm wrote:

I got a call from the track yesterday. They were assigning the garages in advance this time. Big improvement from last year when we all rushed the office at 7am to try and get a garage...

Anyone else get a call? We reserved a garage months ago. I have an email confirmation. Do you think I should call them to confirm. I read in this forum that someone got bumped out a garage? How does that happen?

How it happened for me.

Cell phone rings as I walk to my desk from lunch on Wednesday. Putnam, CT on caller ID. Huh. Figure it is somebody trying to sell me something, but answer anyway. No, it's Thompson, saying that due to a computer error, my garage space was sold after they were sold out. Which is really funny since in a rare bit of being pro-active, I reserved space several weeks before entry closed (mind you these are not connected). They said they were very sorry. Since my boss was standing nearby, I said "Fabulous. Get me my money so I can buy tents."

My team WAS among those shaken down by track security for "garage damage" last year. And I was pissed off enough to send track management an email suggesting they were shaking us down and maybe we'd all feel a lot better if they donated that money to Alex's Lemonade Stand or another worthy cause. Never heard a peep back from them.

Got my $159 and change for the garage rental back a couple days later. Against my better judgement, I'm borrowing my dad's F350 KING RANCH DUALLY CREW CAB and enclosed trailer so we can have a dry and shady base of operation for the weekend. I don't live well with others if I'm sunburned or soaked. Sunburned AND soaked and I'll likely be hiding bodies somewhere in short order. I don't think this setup is less than 40' long, and I have zero desire to unhook it to fit the space.

I'm breathing deeply and trying to smile...

Greg S yes that was our car that had the collision with Bills  MR2.  Our driver at the time didn't realize he was signaling to go into the pits and thought he was being waved by but that doesn't make it acceptable on our behalf.  We didn't know where he was located at the track and he left Saturday night if I remember correctly.  We want to make things right with him regarding the incident and will do so at Thompson if he is there.  I also noticed your located in Huntington which is not to far from me in Islip Terrace. 

Justin

justb211 wrote:

Greg S yes that was our car that had the collision with Bills  MR2.  Our driver at the time didn't realize he was signaling to go into the pits and thought he was being waved by but that doesn't make it acceptable on our behalf.  We didn't know where he was located at the track and he left Saturday night if I remember correctly.  We want to make things right with him regarding the incident and will do so at Thompson if he is there.  I also noticed your located in Huntington which is not to far from me in Islip Terrace. 

Justin

Nice more long island local teams.

As for Bill he posted something after NJ basically saying he was retiring from Lemons, so I am doubtful he will be there.  He is owner of that car with another guy (John Bruce) so its possible the car will be back with John and others but I'm not sure.

justb211 wrote:

Justin

I'll pass the message on to Bill. He is a good guy, lives and breathes motorsports and is a legend in the autocross world.

His MR2 is too damn fast though.

I am in Huntington and my cars live in Setauket.
Groucho Marx  said " I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member". Despite me feeling that way, I think that we members of the Lemons New York fraternity should get together a couple of times a year to have some drinks and bench race. Go kart racing would fit the bill as well. And by New York I mean all parts of New York, including NJ etc.

Greg

Let me know the day I am down for that!

I missed last years Lemons race at Thompson. I've raced there for an SCCA bracket Enduro.

I'm wondering about the paddock layout for Lemons. As in what areas are being used? How much pavement is there?

Any numbers on the car count?

Greg

I am down for meeting up for a few drinks or go karting. I live in Islip and the car is at my teammates house in Mastic. We lost one member due to him having the wrong attitude about the car and wanting the car for himself after the initial race without contributing time or money to it.  And our other teammate who started this whole thing for us had a medical emergency that may prevent him from ever racing again.