1 (edited by IcantDo55 2010-01-29 08:38 AM)

Topic: Not looking good for CMP...

Forecast for Kershaw, SC (29067)
10-Day Forecast

NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads

High /
Low (°F)     Precip. %    
Today
Jan 29         Mostly Cloudy     51°/30°     20 %
Sat
Jan 30         Freezing Rain / Wind     31°/18°     100 %
Sun
Jan 31         Partly Cloudy     37°/11°     10 %
Mon
Feb 01         Mostly Sunny     46°/26°     10 %
Tue
Feb 02         Cloudy     47°/31°     10 %
Wed
Feb 03         Partly Cloudy     52°/31°     20 %
Thu
Feb 04         Showers     50°/37°     40 %
Fri
Feb 05         Showers     50°/31°     30 %
Sat
Feb 06         Few Showers     51°/32°     30 %
Sun
Feb 07         Partly Cloudy     53°/34°     20 %
Last Updated Jan 29 10:11 a.m. ET

Time to make sure the wipers work.  Pick up some rain gear.

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

Re: Not looking good for CMP...

Well, that's better than the 100+ days we get with you fine boys come June/July

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

True that, can't dress for heat.

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

Pray for rain, Audi racers!

We have wire mesh for a windshield. Hmm, will rain-x work on visors, or do we need rags and tear-offs?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Alot can change in a week.  30% chance of showers isn't the end of the world.  Thank god it isnt THIS weekend!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

there is a very old saying around here.................  don't like the weather in the Carolinas?  wait a day, it'll change.  i'm not too worried just yet.

now this weekend is another story.  but i think i should be good on beer.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

8 (edited by Jer 2010-01-29 12:06 PM)

That old saying is said EVERYWHERE. 

Not worried even if it DOES rain, except we have Lou as one of our drivers.  Last time he drove this car in the rain, he t-boned a truck.  We'll make him drive on sunday hahaha

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

9 (edited by RobL 2010-01-29 12:10 PM)

That wasn't in the rain.

NM - it was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ziWzvn5TQ

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Jer wrote:

Not worried even if it DOES rain, except we have Lou as one of our drivers.  Last time he drove this car in the rain, he t-boned a truck.  We'll make him drive on sunday hahaha

have you really been everywhere Jer?   smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Speedycop wrote:

We have wire mesh for a windshield. Hmm, will rain-x work on visors, or do we need rags and tear-offs?

A spritz of Lemon Pledge works great on both sides of the visor. Keeps the inside from fogging up and the water rolls right off the outside.

Learned this from a crusty old dude at Lamest Day and it was a lifesaver, especially in the anti-fog use during night practice.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Good tip Mulry.  Why didn't you come by our paddock spot at NL and let us know this idea in person?  tongue

Our visors kept fogging during fueling.  Some officials let us wear them cracked open, but others made us keep them shut all the way.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

soldmystang wrote:
Jer wrote:

Yep.  And they say it everywhere.  And they all think it's original to their own home area. 

The only place I really found it to be true was in Colorado.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I live in Florida and that's all I ever hear. 30% is a good thing to me...also high in the 50's!

Jer wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
Jer wrote:

Yep.  And they say it everywhere.  And they all think it's original to their own home area. 

The only place I really found it to be true was in Colorado.

not so sure there Jer.  i grew up in PA's prime trout fishing country.  the weather always sucked.  nobody ever said it would be any different tomorrow.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

I am not too worried about 30%.  I did not want sub-freezing weather and rain all day, like this weekend....

Three days ago the forecast for Friday was 40% chance of rain, two days ago it was 60% chance of rain, yesterday it was 30% chance of rain, now it is back to 40%.  Guess we will have to wait and see!

And I did buy a new bottle of Rain-X yesterday to be prepared.....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Go check that 10 forecast again. I'm seeing 42/31saturday and 46/31 Sunday. Burrrrr!

Sounds very similar to Arse Freeze '07 conditions. Try not to mash your frozen fingers with wrenches, guys!

Disney wrote:

Go check that 10 forecast again. I'm seeing 42/31saturday and 46/31 Sunday. Burrrrr!

Well from about Charlotte north there is anywhere between 3-10 inches of snow and current temps in the 20's. CMP didn't get much of this but it is cold though.

20 (edited by soldmystang 2010-02-01 06:31 AM)

we are re-evaluating our pit strategies as i type this.  sounds like it might be mildly unpleasant to be outside for the weekend.  very unlikely the forecast will improve much.

could be worse, VIR is getting snow this coming weekend.   sad  i pity the  HPDE crowd.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Can someone put a call in to Al Gore for some of dat' Global Warming!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

soldmystang wrote:

we are re-evaluating our pit strategies as i type this.  sounds like it might be mildly unpleasant to be outside for the weekend.  very unlikely the forecast will improve much.

could be worse, VIR is getting snow this coming weekend.   sad  i pity the  HPDE crowd.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!  You guys have PIT STRATEGY??!!!!!  That's highly uncalled for! I think I now know where we're messing up. Lemme guess..... It doesn't take you guys 20-30 minutes for a refuel and drive change, does it.

23 (edited by RobL 2010-02-01 08:33 AM)

Disney wrote:

Lemme guess..... It doesn't take you guys 20-30 minutes for a refuel and drive change, does it.

Ours are practiced - we can get 10 gallons of fuel, 2 tires, and a driver change done in under 2 minutes with our team of 4.  Anyone on my team caught complaining or not busting thier ass gets thier stint reduced.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

damn!  what are you guys using for fueling?  I think best case scenario for us would be 3 minutes for fuel and 5 minutes to get our fat asses in the car.  that's a big step up for us.  we used to have a snack during pit stops.

Disney wrote:

You're complaining about temps in the 40s?

That's a penalty.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"