Re: Not looking good for CMP...

I'm looking at the 31 part.  31 with a 60 mph breeze = a "feels like" 10 deg f.  40 would be a feels like 25.  I'm thinking about wearing long johns under my nomex.  Yes, I'm a pussy

27 (edited by RobL 2010-02-01 09:35 AM)

bob-e wrote:

damn!  what are you guys using for fueling?  I think best case scenario for us would be 3 minutes for fuel and 5 minutes to get our fat asses in the car.  that's a big step up for us.  we used to have a snack during pit stops.

We're using an old 13 gallon air tank (with wheels) that we pressurize with nitrogen (for obvious reasons) to about 120psi behind the fuel.  Once we get a good seal to the cars tank we open a valve and 10 gallons goes in in less than 10 seconds.  The rest of that time is spent seating the driver, radio checks, harnesses, etc.  We actually harness the back pressure in the fuel tank (about 30 psi)  to work pistons fitted under the chassis that lift the car into the air for the tire change.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:
bob-e wrote:

damn!  what are you guys using for fueling?  I think best case scenario for us would be 3 minutes for fuel and 5 minutes to get our fat asses in the car.  that's a big step up for us.  we used to have a snack during pit stops.

We're using an old 13 gallon air tank (with wheels) that we pressurize with nitrogen (for obvious reasons) to about 120psi behind the fuel.  Once we get a good seal to the cars tank we open a valve and 10 gallons goes in in less than 10 seconds.  The rest of that time is spent seating the driver, radio checks, harnesses, etc.  We actually harness the back pressure in the fuel tank (about 30 psi)  to work pistons fitted under the chassis that lift the car into the air for the tire change.

right....

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

bob-e wrote:

I'm looking at the 31 part.  31 with a 60 mph breeze = a "feels like" 10 deg f.  40 would be a feels like 25.  I'm thinking about wearing long johns under my nomex.  Yes, I'm a pussy

Right there with ya.  How the f*ck does anyone stand it to live in North Dakota or Canada I'll never know.  I guess they say trhe same about us when it's 100 degrees in the summer.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

30 (edited by Spank 2010-02-01 10:17 AM)

RobL wrote:

We're using an old 13 gallon flame thrower and 10 gallons becomes a fireball in less than 10 seconds.  The rest of that time is spent seating the driver, radio checks, harnesses, etc.  We actually harness the back pressure in the fuel tank (about 30 psi)  to work pistons fitted under the chassis that lift the car into the air for the tire change.

And you were able to do this within budget? not the flame thrower, but the piston lift.

And seriously, is your clever yet home-made fueling rig approved by the track you are using it at? Isn't there something about fuel needing to be in approved containers, and blah blah blah.

Spank, for further info, please see: link.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Accuweather.com is now forecasting a "realfeel" of 19 Saturday night with a good chance of flurries.

Fail.

ronman wrote:

Accuweather.com is now forecasting a "realfeel" of 19 Saturday night with a good chance of flurries.

Fail.

Bahhh, just think of it as another added hurdle to overcome.  You can say that you ran the first even Lemons ice race!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

While it WOULD be fun, I'm not sure how the CMP management would feel about studded tires on the asphalt... big_smile

We picked a bad time to stop running the SVX sad

bob-e wrote:

We picked a bad time to stop running the SVX sad

There's still time to find a suitable AWD Subaru!

anyone have any interest in renting a party tent?  i know a guy.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Or we could take over that ritzy "driver's lounge" by the entrance to CMP.

ronman wrote:

Fail.

They can't get the forecast right 24 hours in advance, much less 5 whole days.  Stay tuned, they will probably change that...um...at least 5 times between now and then.

Captain

MurileeMartin wrote:

Or we could take over that ritzy "driver's lounge" by the entrance to CMP.

I'm sure the Palmetto Motorsports Club or whatever it is wouldn't mind at all. Afterall, some Lemons drivers run Porsches and other storied Eurotrash makes... wink

I forgot about that place.  What goes on in there?  Secret handshakes, gin games and scotch drinking?

42 (edited by Eric Giberson 2010-02-01 02:08 PM)

IcantDo55 wrote:

True that, can't dress for heat.

And that's why I love Canada. 

Looks like you guys are going to need a good set of winter tires to be competitive tongue  Summer performance tire will dramatically start to lose grip at 45 degrees. By 30 degrees they are going to be rock hard and not have any grip. All you guys running Falkens Azenis are going to be in a world of hurt if it doesn't warm up a little.  On the bright side engines tend to find a few extra ponies when it cool outside and there's less chance of overheating.

Check out our smoke breathing two stroke monster build...I mean imminent failure at http://metroneige.blogspot.com.

Mulry wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

We have wire mesh for a windshield. Hmm, will rain-x work on visors, or do we need rags and tear-offs?

A spritz of Lemon Pledge works great on both sides of the visor. Keeps the inside from fogging up and the water rolls right off the outside.

Learned this from a crusty old dude at Lamest Day and it was a lifesaver, especially in the anti-fog use during night practice.

Will it work on the windshield?  In our infinite wisdom to save weight we removed all the HVAC duct work, motor, etc.

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:
bob-e wrote:

Right there with ya.  How the f*ck does anyone stand it to live in North Dakota or Canada I'll never know.  I guess they say trhe same about us when it's 100 degrees in the summer.

We sure do....went to Greensboro in August once...thought I'd fry like an egg....it's as if the air has no oxygen in it in that heat...must be hell to keep the rad full racing in those conditions.

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Eric Giberson wrote:
IcantDo55 wrote:

Looks like you guys are going to need a good set of winter tires to be competitive tongue  Summer performance tire will dramatically start to lose grip at 45 degrees. By 30 degrees they are going to be rock hard and not have any grip. All you guys running Falkens Azenis are going to be in a world of hurt if it doesn't warm up a little.  On the bright side engines tend to find a few extra ponies when it cool outside and there's less chance of overheating.

just need to drive harder to keep heat in the tires.  smile

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Eric Giberson wrote:
IcantDo55 wrote:

Ohhhh noes, the sky is falling.

Azenis will be fine as long as it does not rain smile

Two tires also??? This ^*#$@ Saab has bolts for lugs!!!!! It takes 2 minutes just to get one STARTED!

Question for Jay or Nick here. What is the game plan if there is any ice on any of the mornings?

new weather report.  Saturday shows 39/25 with mix of rain and snow.  Get out the Blizzaks

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/02/02/groundhog.day/

We are fucked!