Re: Not looking good for CMP...

Never trust a rodent who emerges from "Gobbler's Knob".

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

i wonder if any of the women are good looking?  not that it really matters, what with the gobbling and the knobbing etc. etc.

expect plenty of yellow laps gsmith.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

53 (edited by gsmith2424 2010-02-02 06:34 AM)

soldmystang wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

i wonder if any of the women are good looking?  not that it really matters, what with the gobbling and the knobbing etc. etc.

That is something I knew was going to happen with this rain. Turn 1 is going to be lots of fun. Only problem is im not driving this time but just crewing. Hopefully our BFG's are good for the rain.

soldmystang wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

No wonder my wife questions the crowd I hang out with.

I want to live or die trying.

hajie wrote:

No wonder my wife questions the crowd I hang out with.

My wife is driving with us.  I con't figure out if it's mostly because she likes to race or because she wants to keep an eye on who I'm associating with.  I know it's both - just which is the "most" side.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

soldmystang wrote:

i have an idea...how about we all agree, right here, to not drive at 110% of our/our car's ability (i.e., not drive like assholes)?  that way we can minimize the caution laps.  it's not as if this is utterly outside our control, peeps.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Buzz Killington wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

i have an idea...how about we all agree, right here, to not drive at 110% of our/our car's ability (i.e., not drive like assholes)?  that way we can minimize the caution laps.  it's not as if this is utterly outside our control, peeps.

i was thinking more due to rain delay, but if you slow down i will too.  smile  not  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Buzz Killington wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

You are wrong and I will fight you!

lol

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Buzz Killington wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

It is almost like he is trying to communicate to us, but in a language no one can understand.......
:-)

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

what? something about 110%. i guess my team won't like me doing all the day 1 driving then wink

61 (edited by Bonedriver 2010-02-03 04:46 AM)

Latest update from weather.com

Rain on Friday, High of 43 and Low of 36. 90% chance of precipitation...
Few showers on Saturday, High of 50 and low of 29. 30% chance of precipitation...
Partly cloudy on Sunday, High of 46 and low of 27. 10% chance of precipitation...

Looks like if its gonna rain its gonna be Friday with a slight chance early Saturday. We should be good to go by race time. It's gonna be wet and damp. There will be frost Sunday morning...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

That doesn't sound as bad as previously announced.  Let's hope it improves even more!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

glad I didn't prepay for friday's practice.

Buzz Killington wrote:
Eric Giberson wrote:
IcantDo55 wrote:

True that, can't dress for heat.

And that's why I love Canada. 

Looks like you guys are going to need a good set of winter tires to be competitive tongue  Summer performance tire will dramatically start to lose grip at 45 degrees. By 30 degrees they are going to be rock hard and not have any grip. All you guys running Falkens Azenis are going to be in a world of hurt if it doesn't warm up a little.  On the bright side engines tend to find a few extra ponies when it cool outside and there's less chance of overheating.

just need to drive harder to keep heat in the tires.  smile

If you believe that then you're going to have an interesting weekend.  In my experience running performance tire on cold or frosty surfaces is worst then running slick in rain.  There's just not enough grip to drive hard.  Since you can't drive hard you can't put any heat in the tires and you'll end up with no grip.  To get the car around the track you end up having to tippy-toe around which makes for fantastic racing.

Check out our smoke breathing two stroke monster build...I mean imminent failure at http://metroneige.blogspot.com.

I'm bringing the old all-seasons, just in case. smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

66 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-02-03 08:04 AM)

Eric Giberson wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:
Eric Giberson wrote:

And that's why I love Canada. 

Looks like you guys are going to need a good set of winter tires to be competitive tongue  Summer performance tire will dramatically start to lose grip at 45 degrees. By 30 degrees they are going to be rock hard and not have any grip. All you guys running Falkens Azenis are going to be in a world of hurt if it doesn't warm up a little.  On the bright side engines tend to find a few extra ponies when it cool outside and there's less chance of overheating.

If you believe that then you're going to have an interesting weekend.

i'll let you know right now that at least 50% of the things i (and others) recommend here are horrible ideas, which is why they are suggested.  up to you to distinguish.  just sayin'.  smile

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I just drove some Azenis at a cold track day the other day.  They acted about the same as any other day.  2 laps of good, 10 laps of greasy.  If I had to guess, I'd say the cold will only help the Azenis in the long runs.

68 (edited by Disney 2010-02-03 09:59 AM)

We got upgraded according to the Weather Channel.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/29067

High 51 Low 29  few showers Saturday.

Buzz Killington wrote:
Eric Giberson wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:

If you believe that then you're going to have an interesting weekend.

i'll let you know right now that at least 50% of the things i (and others) recommend here are horrible ideas, which is why they are suggested.  up to you to distinguish.  just sayin'.  smile

I would have never guessed wink.  I'm just saying think that you're best bet for the weekend is using something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg tongue

Check out our smoke breathing two stroke monster build...I mean imminent failure at http://metroneige.blogspot.com.

Disney wrote:

We got upgraded according to the Weather Channel.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/29067

High 51 Low 29  few showers Saturday.

WOOT!!! While not great, its better than it looked on Monday!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

..and the aches and pains index is only 1.  woot!