Topic: Nerf Bar

Clarification needed.  Am I allowed to create a bumper to replace the original bumper as long as it approximates the original profile?

I see that nerf bars are banned but the exact wording is "Added structural elements that extend past the original bodywork line are not allowed."

Best regards,
Gordon Murray

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Re: Nerf Bar

Basically if it would fit under the original bodywork, you are ok.  We brought a bumpercover with us to prove that ours did. 

What they don't want is an armored Mad Max type of car.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

What they do want is a Mad Max type of car.

Oh hey, i fixed that for you.

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

What if is just for the look?? I have a sort of aero nose made out of old scavanged EMT conduit.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

MikeZilla wrote:

What if is just for the look?? I have a sort of aero nose made out of old scavanged EMT conduit.

I think the key word is added "structural" elements, though that could use some more specific wording.

If you want to put a Papier-mâché beak on your car, I'm sure they'd be all for it.  Better stay in front of traffic though, a large protuberance can get you in trouble with the authorities, in racing and life.

Kurt Krumm
STS
Current car: who the hell knows
Prior offenses to sound judgment: Toyota coROLLa, Audi 80, Toyota MR2, Ford Crown Vic chop job

Although it is fun to watch the LeMonators don't want people building destruction derby cars out on the track. So they don't want to adding a massive BullBar or Cattle Guard to your vehicle so you can deal more abuse. They want you to fear hitting people because it could destroy your car as well as theirs.

Adding replacement elements is one thing. Adding beefed up elements ontop of your original elements is another. This isn't DeathRace

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

This isn't DeathRace

Wait... what?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...