Topic: Lexass Racing

Anyone crazy enough to run a Lexus? I have a line on SC 300 w/blown head gasket. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

2 (edited by ronman 2010-02-04 05:52 AM)

Re: Lexass Racing

I'm pretty sure there've been a couple LS400s...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Ah yes .. wasn't there a "remove the starter from the LS400" Penalty somewhere?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/10/340x_LexusChallenge-03.jpg

The Lexus LS400 Starter Removal Challenge!

Spinetti has an LS400 he's working on.  Gutted, race seat in..just needs a cage.

I think he's going to do some testing here in March.  Who knows..maybe we'll all see it this year.  I even source him some Female/Male Dummies for his "President's Limo" theme.

Progress in pictures..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … =645133029

"Don't mess with Lexas!"
Former Captain, Team Lebowski

Keep that 6er cool!

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

I think the SC300 5 speed would make a great Lemons car...enough power & RWD to do well...if the engine doesn't blow

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

I think the SC300 5 speed would make a great Lemons car...enough power & RWD to do well...if the engine doesn't blow

yeah but you're essentially fielding a last-gen Supra in a tux. I think you're going to have to sport epic amounts of documentation with the most rocking theme ever to show that you're not just a doofus who brought the wrong car. I could be wrong though, I know Murilee has a thing for Japanese luxury.

Serj wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

yeah but you're essentially fielding a last-gen Supra in a tux. I think you're going to have to sport epic amounts of documentation with the most rocking theme ever to show that you're not just a doofus who brought the wrong car. I could be wrong though, I know Murilee has a thing for Japanese luxury.

But the "luxury" brands depreciate FAR faster than the normal brands....which is why you see so many so called "luxury" brands in Lemons...  Take my "porsche" that was over $45k new in 1984.....but I bought it for the princely sum of $256!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2