Topic: A big thanks to everyone at CMP this weekend!

To Jay, the Judges and all of the Lemons staff, CMP crew and corner workers, and all the drivers and crews that attended the race, thanks for a great weekend of racing!  There were at least three uninterrupted green flag runs of 2 to 3 hours long in less than perfect racing conditions.  First the cold monsoon Friday, soaked track conditions Saturday, and a chilly Sunday made it a tough weekend,  but in true Lemons spirit, the race went on!

From a driver's perspective, there seemed to be a lot more give and take on the track as compared to last fall's race.  Sorry once again to the DRTy e-Thirtys for booting them around, I am very happy I managed to stay off your wheel.  "My enthusiasm greatly exceeds my driving ability".  I remembered it well the rest of the weekend Judges....

Also, thanks to our support crew of spouses, parents, and kids.  We agreed when we started that it would be fun and the family was involved, or we were out.  I now owe my wife a weekend in Savannah to make up for her freezing for three days.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Re: A big thanks to everyone at CMP this weekend!

Was an EXCELLENT weekend!  Thanks to all!

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

Great weekend indeed. Thanks to all and can't wait until the Spring event.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Thanks to all the Lemons and CMP staff.   Thanks for all the help from the other drivers helping us get the Chicken Pit mustang back to running.  Sorry about the tire wall and the oil on the track.  LOL  Great Job everyone!!!!

#84 FusterCluck Mustang

+1

Great weekend.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Awesome time!

+1 - and thanks to my team for getting enough penalties quickly so I could participate in the Best Lemons Penalty Evar -
http://jalopnik.com/5465940/innovations … ft-penalty
smile

Driving the first stint in the wet on new Azenis with the sealer still on, plus a nice oil slick was less than fun - but I had a blast finishing out on Sunday.

To the #16 Volvo - great fun battling with you!  And to the Top Gear Team - side-by-side through multiple turns - Absolutely EPIC smile.

- Shortest Dorifto Dog

- shortest Dorifto Dog

Well, how about a race report from someone.

ifb_mole wrote:

<- Pointing at you buddy wink.  Some of us have to work.

You were in the Saab 9000, right?

- shortest Dorifto Dog

Terrific race! Thanks to everyone involved that made it so much fun. Agreed that the long green flags and few/short full-course yellows was a huge improvement from previous events and the level of driving all around seems to be improving with each passing race. Looking forward to the next one!

Matt D.

I get it now, I didn't quite understand the allure of Lemons.  Now I know. Honest to God Racing with an extreme sense of humor  Woodstock with gearheads instead of potheads.

I want to live or die trying.

littledog wrote:

+1 - and thanks to my team for getting enough penalties quickly so I could participate in the Best Lemons Penalty Evar -
http://jalopnik.com/5465940/innovations … ft-penalty
smile

Driving the first stint in the wet on new Azenis with the sealer still on, plus a nice oil slick was less than fun - but I had a blast finishing out on Sunday.

To the #16 Volvo - great fun battling with you!  And to the Top Gear Team - side-by-side through multiple turns - Absolutely EPIC smile.

- Shortest Dorifto Dog

I like having you around, makes me feel tall. Christine even said I wasn't short, guess that means I can buy a horse!:D

13 (edited by Jer 2010-02-08 09:47 AM)

Good weekend, even though we went out in a "blaze of glory". yikes

Anyone got pics of the coROLLa on fire??

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Good weekend, even though we went out in as "blaze of glory". yikes

Anyone got pics of the coROLLa of fire??

I passed it just as it happened, check with littledog above, we might have gotten it on our camera.

Jer wrote:

Good weekend, even though we went out in a "blaze of glory". yikes

Anyone got pics of the coROLLa on fire??

Sorry to hear about the fire.

I didn't know there was someone local racing in this.

I'll have to get your contact info if you don't mind.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

there are a couple of Philly area (PA/NJ/DE) teams.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

littledog wrote:

Seconded!  I wasn't the Volvo driver in question, but had some good battles with you guys and many others during my stints.  Despite the challenging weather, I thought it was a damn fine race.  Hope to see everyone again in May.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

littledog wrote:

HA HA HA!!!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
littledog wrote:

HA HA HA!!!

smile - OK - his *name* was on the Saab.

<- just started reading the forum

- shortest Dorifto Dog

20 (edited by littledog 2010-02-08 06:59 PM)

littledog wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

And since I was such a dumbass - I have to follow on with a report.

OK - yes the level of competition has stepped up, but all the same it really dawned on us this race what an incredible alignment of the stars, planets, galaxies, etc. it took for us to get that overall win in Spring '09.

And as much stress as that win was we (or at least I) have had more fun at every other race we've run (even blowing up last time and limping the thing under the checkers after thrashing to get the head back on was a blast).

So on to this race -

We certainly did a lot of work to get the car back together and running, but kept missing little details - like scrubbing the brand new tires so I had a least *some* chance of keeping the thing pointed straight on the oil slick that got carefully laid down to make the race as entertaining as possible wink.  After realizing that I was bumping against the talent ceiling pretty quick, I decided my one mission was to keep the car on the road and not pick up any flags, so I pussy-footed around for the best part of my stint.  I did have a few really exciting near-misses.

Apparently the other drivers on the team didn't get the memo smile - first one black flag for hitting oil and spinning off, then one for a love-tap with our best buds in the NSW(?) CRX (note to our team member involved - YOU WILL NOT WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH THE JUDGES SO DON'T EVEN TRY smile ), then the next driver "ran out of pavement" - which lead to the Best Lemons Penalty Evar.  As the only single guy on the team hell yes I was going to be the one to do the teaching wink - actually I had a system I used with several friends and knew it was our best chance of having a clutch for Sunday.
Chantelle was probably sick of the attention by the time the weekend was over smile.  She did get faster and faster every lap, and even gave it enough gas to spin in 12 - I will be working on the in-car vid tonight and tomorrow.

Sunday was pretty uneventful - we knew it was definitely have-fun time, so one of our drivers who wasn't feeling well gave up some seat time to a driver of the Grim Reaper Mustang who hadn't even been in the car before the diff blew up.
Traffic looked pretty thin when I got in for the last stint, but I was really happy to have some good dices and play in traffic while (hopefully) staying out of the way of the leading cars.

Good enough for you smile?

- shortest Dorifto Dog

littledog wrote:
littledog wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

And since I was such a dumbass - I have to follow on with a report.

OK - yes the level of competition has stepped up, but all the same it really dawned on us this race what an incredible alignment of the stars, planets, galaxies, etc. it took for us to get that overall win in Spring '09.

And as much stress as that win was we (or at least I) have had more fun at every other race we've run (even blowing up last time and limping the thing under the checkers after thrashing to get the head back on was a blast).

So on to this race -

We certainly did a lot of work to get the car back together and running, but kept missing little details - like scrubbing the brand new tires so I had a least *some* chance of keeping the thing pointed straight on the oil slick that got carefully laid down to make the race as entertaining as possible wink.  After realizing that I was bumping against the talent ceiling pretty quick, I decided my one mission was to keep the car on the road and not pick up any flags, so I pussy-footed around for the best part of my stint.  I did have a few really exciting near-misses.

Apparently the other drivers on the team didn't get the memo smile - first one black flag for hitting oil and spinning off, then one for a love-tap with our best buds in the NSW(?) CRX (note to our team member involved - YOU WILL NOT WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH THE JUDGES SO DON'T EVEN TRY smile ), then the next driver "ran out of pavement" - which lead to the Best Lemons Penalty Evar.  As the only single guy on the team hell yes I was going to be the one to do the teaching wink - actually I had a system I used with several friends and knew it was our best chance of having a clutch for Sunday.
Chantelle was probably sick of the attention by the time the weekend was over smile.  She did get faster and faster every lap, and even gave it enough gas to spin in 12 - I will be working on the in-car vid tonight and tomorrow.

Sunday was pretty uneventful - we knew it was definitely have-fun time, so one of our drivers who wasn't feeling well gave up some seat time to a driver of the Grim Reaper Mustang who hadn't even been in the car before the diff blew up.
Traffic looked pretty thin when I got in for the last stint, but I was really happy to have some good dices and play in traffic while (hopefully) staying out of the way of the leading cars.

Good enough for you smile?

good enough for me. smile   now get back to work on the video.  and hurry up about it.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Holy Shiite - I totally forgot the spin on Sunday - I'll let the driver tell that story...

- shortest Dorifto Dog

littledog wrote:

Holy Shiite - I totally forgot the spin on Sunday - I'll let the driver tell that story...

scared the shit out of me, what more is there to tell.  thought i was going upside inverticus for a moment there.  smile

my compliments to the Pink Saab for missing me as i spun in front of him.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

I also liked the driving much better in this race than the fall event. Rbanks, Swede/pig, SOB, Super Trooper, and Magnum all really impressed me, and the general level of driver awareness seemed to be better. I think that having a few less cars on track made it easier for us all. I can't wait until May.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

It was great to finally put faces with screen names! Saturday night was a hoot... freezing, drinking, and swaping stories was awesome! 

Watching Robl getting into the Mark VIII was a hoot!!!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion