Topic: Southern Discomfort Feb. 2010

I want to thank everyone that drove as well as the folks at CMP for making our first ever Lemons attempt a success.  Everyone was very helpful and gave great ideas on how to make our car run better.  One actually worked. 

Our car made it all the way through the race until last 20 min where we lost all of third gear, most of forth, our gauges stopped working but the car held on to the checkered flag.  We finished 15th.  Cannot believe we actually did it.

Thanks again everyone.  We would like to hear some of your stories from the race.

Burning Rubber and Grinding Gears

Re: Southern Discomfort Feb. 2010

jasbur1 wrote:

Everyone was very helpful and gave great ideas on how to make our car run better.  One actually worked.

You're welcome. smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
jasbur1 wrote:

Everyone was very helpful and gave great ideas on how to make our car run better.  One actually worked.

You're welcome. smile

especially yours VKZ24.  You guys rock.

jasbur1 wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
jasbur1 wrote:

You're welcome. smile

especially yours VKZ24.  You guys rock.

No problem.  We are always glad to help.  Thanks again for loaning us the tires for use on Sunday.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Wow, great accomplishment, great website/video.  You guys should do some Hpde's to get a little track time and you will be a contender.. Also, you are too nice on the track, does not go with the Villian theme! 

Cline from the Dorifto Dogs.

I want to live or die trying.

Great meeting you guys also. Look forward to seeing you in future races.
Scotty

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

I was wondering what happened to you guys at the end there. You were looking good, but seemed to slow down a bit for the last few laps. We were stuck in 3rd gear for the last 1.5 hours, but we could turn 1:06-1:07 in 3rd, so we rolled with it. It looked like a lot of the cars were hurting at the end; I saw several teams that were moving slower and braking much earlier than they were earlier in the day. Congrats on a great performance for your first time out, and I look forward to seeing you guys out there again.

Roger from Duff Beer

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/02/villianmustaches-800px.jpg

Thanks for the mustaches! Way better for the Macho Man penalty than the stick-on 20-for-$1.99 mustaches (see 2nd guy from the right) we brought with us.

Glad to know the mustaches came in handy. 

We have a new found interest in life.  Now the real work begins.  How to convince the wives to go along with multiple trips to the track.