Topic: 1972 Ford Crapi

We are so tired of our Prelude. We're tired of it not finishing a race. We're tired of it getting passed on the straights like it's standing still. We're tired of it not being a Ford.

So, please take a gander at it's replacement. We hope to have it ready for Thunderhill this Summer.

http://www.vimeo.com/9310144

Re: 1972 Ford Crapi

in it's day that little ride was quick.  there have been a few of them with 302's stuffed in them........

Excellent choice!

SWEET.....bummer you won't be ready for Sears Pointless

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I had a 73 w/ a 2.8.  it was alot of fun to drive,

my brother and I have been looking for one recently w/ no luck.

it's "the sexy european"

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

We couldn't be more stoked on this car. Even if it fails as often as the Prelude, it will fail with sooooo much more style.

Those cars were huge in Europe in the day.  I bet a little Google research will find all kinds of old school swap outs and cheap mods on Euro websites.  They  ran them in WRC also.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

I've been digging through google all weekend trying to find more info on this car and it's history. I found a photocopy of the original buyer's info and am going to see if the guy is still kicking in England.
It's like a treasure hunt.

Damn, a flared, RHD Crapy..  I know 4+ Crapy guys who'll pay 2-3 large for that car, or at least I think they will.      Very period and country-correct, from the RHD to the Unipart decals and the Safety Devices roll bar...     That's a steal for $500, well done.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

You must do a period correct paint scheme.  Sweet car!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

One of the writers at EVO (evo.co.uk) has been restoring a Capri over the last few years. He did a bunch of suspension work and put a V8 in it.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolong … ri_v8.html

Edward

Edward
Angry Hamster Racing
Angry Hamster Racing on Facebook

12 (edited by Blanco Basura Racing 2010-02-09 12:15 PM)

We have the perfect right-hand drive, period correct paint scheme in mind. And it's only partly British, the bad part.

Evil Genius wrote:

Damn, a flared, RHD Crapy..  I know 4+ Crapy guys who'll pay 2-3 large for that car, or at least I think they will.      Very period and country-correct, from the RHD to the Unipart decals and the Safety Devices roll bar...     That's a steal for $500, well done.

Yes, we're moderately worried about that. We know if we put a ton of work and money into the car it could be worth a few grand,(to the right buyer). But we also know that right now the thing is rusty, neglected, and mechanically unknown. We really want to race the shit out of the car and our options are limited, so I guess we'll just have to throw ourselves to the mercy of the Judges and hope they let this old horse out of the barn.

14 (edited by Billyballer 2010-02-16 12:40 PM)

Oh man, that thing is sweeet! We've been running (sometimes) the '74 Capri that was at Reno and T-hill, they are a hoot to drive and pretty stylin.....although yours looks much much much nicer and better setup/developed then our rusty death trap can ever hope to be. I think the judges will give you a big thumbs up but I would be worried about Jay claiming it. He's got a thing for cars that are eligible for vintage road rallies.

By the way we have a '73 parts car in the back of our shop if you need any bits.
What sorta suspension is it running?

-Bill

15 (edited by sergio 2010-02-16 04:44 AM)

Blanco Basura Racing wrote:

We couldn't be more stoked on this car. Even if it fails as often as the Prelude, it will fail with sooooo much more style.

Don't forget, it's a 2009 Deconstructors Champion....what could possibly go wrong?

Those fender flares are mean! And the rear spoiler is a win too.

WANT!!!

I can haz?!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

http://www.nedgallagher.com/journal/images/LifeOnMars.jpg

Dude that thing is SWEET!  I can't wait to help you cobble it together in the paddock and blow past it on the track (until our car breaks an axle or some dang thing)!!

Sure it's worth more than $500 to the right buyer but who cares?  One could say that about any car on a Lemons track.  Heck I'd pay over $500 for the Eyesore Miata just to get it out of the competition and into a junkyard.
Best of luck on that Capri.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Awesome car!!  What a fun Lemons car, perfect for this crap.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I say go for it......  sure in theory its worth more than $500......but old rare cars that are RHD appeal to the judges....& are just cool in general..... 

Just take a look at the field of Lemons racers.....there are LOTS of cars that "should" be worth more than $500......but for whatever reason they aren't....yours is the same....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I finally got the video to run.  that car's too nice to kill @ Lemons

hopefully, the other cars will give you room, and not destroy it.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

We'll be working on it for the first time this weekend. We're all excited to start really seeing what the hell is up with the car. Right now it's a whole lot of unknown.

But, as Rod Blagojevich so eloquently put it, "I’ve got this thing and it’s fucking golden, and, uh, uh, I’m just not giving it up for fuckin’ nothing. I’m not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it."

Words to live by as far as we're concerned, this car will go a' LeMoning!

We are very excited to see another CAPRI at the 24HOL !!!

If anyone else needs a $500 Capri, they are ALL OVER THE INTERNET.

Just click on 
Jaxed.Com,
click THE MASH button
and select
FORD/MERCURY CAPRI 1969-1977 .......

We plan to attend our first 24HOL in August at Monterey and in December at Buttonwillow as spectators ........

And if we can provide ANY technical or parts assistance that DOESN'T VIOLATE any of the 24HOL rules, we are here to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Calamigos Carl's Capri Corral
( Capri Parts Finders and Capri Owners ...... )
near Malibu, CA

Big surprise! After one full day the Prelude is out again with another blown head gasket, but the Capri is still running baby!
Bigger surprise! We got 0 penalty laps for the Prelude, and we got 2,000 BS penalty laps for the Capri!
Biggest surprise! Capri is 6 seconds slower per lap than the Prelude, 30 seconds slower than the 1st place V8 Volvo!
The car Sure has style though.