Topic: Question about Go Fast Parts and Competition Engineering Roll cages

Hello

Wanted to see if anyone has done business with Go fast Parts  are they okay to do business with ?

I am looking at the  Competition Engineering roll cages. I am looking to order a 10pt cage price seems reasonable,  They seems to meet spec But I am a novice and I want to be sure before I purchase for our car.

Re: Question about Go Fast Parts and Competition Engineering Roll cages

Never heard of Go Fast Parts, but everything I've ever gotten from CE was pretty decent for the price.

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

JWR991 wrote:

Hello

Wanted to see if anyone has done business with Go fast Parts  are they okay to do business with ?

I am looking at the  Competition Engineering roll cages. I am looking to order a 10pt cage price seems reasonable,  They seems to meet spec But I am a novice and I want to be sure before I purchase for our car.

I have used them before and as long as you hav a good welder and some skill they are solid cages. It is what we have installed in our Fiero... It might require a bit of finess to get it perfect though.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

The Competition Engineering cages are usually NHRA type cages,  so they might not have all the required bars (specifically, the diagonal through the main hoop). Also, make sure the tubing meets the spec - my guess is they will have 1 5/8" .134 wall tubing.

ecniv wrote:

The Competition Engineering cages are usually NHRA type cages,  so they might not have all the required bars (specifically, the diagonal through the main hoop). Also, make sure the tubing meets the spec - my guess is they will have 1 5/8" .134 wall tubing.

Bingo... But it's not hard to add more straight tubes for safety and rigidity. Just make sure you purchase a 10-12 point cage or the stripped down 6-point. The 4 and 8 point kits are thicker diameter tube and harder to work with.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

If CE is the dude from  N. VA, he's familiar w/ Lemons cages, and will bend you one that's compliant w/ the regs.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Thankyou all for the advice I did end up ordering the CE rollcage  I ordered it from http://www.rollcagestore.com/ they matched the price that summit racing was advertising it for  I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived today.  Summit told me I would have to wait 3 weeks to get it so this is great I am bringing my car to the welder on Monday.