Topic: #44 E-30 brake fire "Super Troopers"

Want originals email me at Mike@icantdo55.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/icantdo55/Lemons%20Southern%20Discomfort%202010%20CMP/day134.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/icantdo55/Lemons%20Southern%20Discomfort%202010%20CMP/day135.jpg

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

Re: #44 E-30 brake fire "Super Troopers"

The car still braked good at the race on Saturday.  It wasn't until I pulled the wheel off and saw the damage - rotor cooked, no pad left and the new rubber hose had blisters up to the metal line.  Found that the opposite side caliper had a leak and wasn't working.  Most of our braking was coming from just the left side.  Glad we had Hawk pads on  - at least until it started using the backing plate  as friction material.

Had a blast - the DE on Friday was fun with standing water on the track...

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

thats not that bad...I've seen FAR worse..... 

One thing you instantly invest in on a "Lemons" racer is real race pads, new brake lines (I like stainless) and race brake fluid...new-er rotors is a good idea too....these things along can get pricey quick....but is money well spent....we run stock brakes on the estate with race pads-lines-fluid and have no issues...with excellent performance too

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Don't forget to check your pads Saturday night and have replacements on hand. We thought our brakes were just fine at the last Thunderhill race as there appeared to be plenty of pad material left until we looked closer and saw that the pads were chunking and cracked. Thankfully we had a spare set so we switched them for Sunday but we would have been hosed if we hadn't had a spare as I doubt that we'd have been able to find pads on Sunday any closer than San Francisco.