Re: Sears Pointless Track Config Published

This should give you a bit of an idea of what you'll be up against if it rains.  And this is really just with a wet track, not a downpour...

http://vimeo.com/9351538

Enjoy.

Dean

Dean,

Excellent video, nice driving, did you start on pole?  Great trainig tape too.

Man, you real racers take this whole thing WAY too seriously.

I wonder how many penalty laps will put the fun back into it for you?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

icemang17 wrote:

I like it....as a new to sears driver...I found the high speed section through 9 into 10 quite challenging and I had concerns about high speeds "offs" into the wall HARD outside of 10...even worse with rain...the longer 7a also slows down the run into the S curves a bit too....9a does look a bit tricky I'd guess its more like 2 separate turns....brake then the slight right...then brake HARD before the hard left...with a really late apex...

You will need more brakes than at Thunderhill...I found the run in to 7 quite tricky..similar to the downhill section before 10 at TH...

Interesting...  This past Saturday was my first time to Infineon, but my perception was that the braking was less intense than at Thunderhill, turns 10 & 14, at least in our Honda.  Turn 9a though looks like it will work the brake pads pretty hard.  That said, we were having trouble with our car wanting to swap ends under braking but that's another issue...

Judge Jonny wrote:

Johnny, I don't thnk of it as "being way too serious", but if its worth doing, its worth doing well, ESPECIALLY having fun. The most fun with Lemons is NOT getting black flags and NOT getting penalty laps and NOT loosing control of the car, it is staying out on the track and to do that, it does require at least a little "serious" effort. 

I'm far from a real racer, but the most fun in a race car - even a Lemons car - is having at least some idea you know what the F%*k you're doing on the track and being serious about safety and car control / awareness, cuzz if you don't have at least some clue, you won't have fun and could almost be a menace to fellow drivers who ARE having fun.

"No Whining Wracing Team" has 3 goals - HAVE FUN,  no whining and just finish the race. There are just way too many "seriously fast" cars out there to think winnig is possible

(oh boy, are ifb_mole and Judge Jonny about to get into it again? Christmas in February! I can barely conceal my glee)

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

not at all - I've seen the light

No! Embrace the darkness! Revel in it!

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Actually, I was thinking more Dwight Holly-style rubber hose filled with BBs type justice.

How about the Ward Littell Penalty? Drink a pint of rotgut whiskey, then try to lay a wiretap on Jay without getting caught. If you get caught, you gotta reform your ways and become a Penalty Box Lawyer for other reprobates when they get their black flags until you win your way back into the good graces of the judiciary.

Penalty Box Lawyer.

You take your penalty OR you become Penalty Box Lawyer for Team X, where X is a massively recidivist team of Judge's choice (usually Troy's).  For the rest of the race, any black flag for team X results in a black flag for your team.  You represent them before the Court and then share in their misfortu-- ahem, their Justice.

Mulry wrote:

(oh boy, are ifb_mole and Judge Jonny about to get into it again? Christmas in February! I can barely conceal my glee)

ifb_mole has become a legend, with his fame reaching even to South Carolina!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/02/ifbmolehero-800px.jpg

looking at the track configuration  where is the turn that goes in front of the pit garages.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

just before 11, i think....

OverStimulated wrote:

Interesting...  This past Saturday was my first time to Infineon, but my perception was that the braking was less intense than at Thunderhill, turns 10 & 14, at least in our Honda.  Turn 9a though looks like it will work the brake pads pretty hard.  That said, we were having trouble with our car wanting to swap ends under braking but that's another issue...

Your braking at Thunderhill turn 10 WAS pretty intense.... wink

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Mulry wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Actually, I was thinking more Dwight Holly-style rubber hose filled with BBs type justice.

How about the Ward Littell Penalty? Drink a pint of rotgut whiskey, then try to lay a wiretap on Jay without getting caught. If you get caught, you gotta reform your ways and become a Penalty Box Lawyer for other reprobates when they get their black flags until you win your way back into the good graces of the judiciary.

I like it!

How about a wayne tedrow jr. Penalty? You convert to mormonism, cook smack for howard hughes to shoot into his dick, kill all the black men presdent, screw all the black women and scalp all the communists before betraying la causa

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

41 (edited by Judge Jonny 2010-02-11 07:43 AM)

ifb_mole wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Johnny, I don't thnk of it as "being way too serious", but if its worth doing, its worth doing well, ESPECIALLY having fun. The most fun with Lemons is NOT getting black flags and NOT getting penalty laps and NOT loosing control of the car, it is staying out on the track and to do that, it does require at least a little "serious" effort. 

I'm far from a real racer, but the most fun in a race car - even a Lemons car - is having at least some idea you know what the F%*k you're doing on the track and being serious about safety and car control / awareness, cuzz if you don't have at least some clue, you won't have fun and could almost be a menace to fellow drivers who ARE having fun.

"No Whining Wracing Team" has 3 goals - HAVE FUN,  no whining and just finish the race. There are just way too many "seriously fast" cars out there to think winnig is possible

Well, I hope you really enjoy SERIOUSLY passing the 1984 dodge caravan. That's a very important, well respected racing line that Senna and Fangio would have solemly enjoyed.

Real Lemons racers are much more serious about what they're drinking after the checkered than they are about the track

42 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-02-11 07:59 AM)

Judge Jonny wrote:
Mulry wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

I like it!

How about a wayne tedrow jr. Penalty? You convert to mormonism, cook smack for howard hughes to shoot into his dick, kill all the black men presdent, screw all the black women and scalp all the communists before betraying la causa

Boy! Wendal sounds just like a lot of us Lemon drivers no wonder Wayne needed to kill him.:D
"Known to drive Cadillacs."

"Known to wear flamboyant attire."

"Known to have fathered 13 children out of wedlock."

"Known to pander Negro women, white women, male homosexuals & Mexican transvestites."

Twenty-two pimp busts. Fourteen convictions. Nine child-support liens. Five bail jumps.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Your braking at Thunderhill turn 10 WAS pretty intense.... wink

At least until two wheels were in the dirt...  :-O

Judge Jonny wrote:

Real Lemons racers are much more serious about what they're drinking after the checkered than they are about the track

I'm seeing more clearly still.....Lemons racing is REALLY just serious drinking  preceeded by light-hearted and fun automobile racing with $500 POS crap cans.

Judge Jonny wrote:

And Friday night BEFORE the race even starts!

And break teammates legs!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

dtfastbear wrote:

I'll provide a public service right now by telling you all that the most dangerous spot in heavy rain at Infineon is the straight between T6 and T7.  There is a small river that runs diagonally across the track.  Your left front tire hits it before your right front, and if the water is deep enough, you're going fast enough or your tires are worn enough (or some combination of the 3), your car will rotate to the left as the water slows that left front tire, and you're seconds away from a nasty impact with the wall on the left.  In one 3 hour rain enduro I saw 5 (five!!!) cars spin and hit that wall in front of me.  On the straight!!

Three options to make it through safely:

1 - slow down
2 - move way over to the right where the river is more perpendicular to the track
3 - follow in the tracks of the car ahead of you (my personal favorite)

I hope it rains, but then again, I'm a sadist.

Good luck.

Dean

I also like following the tracks of the car in front of you...unless they are heading for the wall :>)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Also the "rain / wet line" through a corner is generally a car width off the normal line.  The normal line in the wet many times has less grip than the part of the track about a car wideth off the normal racing line.

Sucks this is the same weekend at Nascar Atlanta or we would have a top 35 driver at Lemons racing hahahah.....still is not completely out of the question though.....

ifb_mole wrote:

Also the "rain / wet line" through a corner is generally a car width off the normal line.  The normal line in the wet many times has less grip than the part of the track about a car wideth off the normal racing line.

Except that the retard in front of you forgot to tighten his drain plug and has just oiled down three corners.

Plus, there's a Chevy Caprice with the same tires they've used for the past five races choppin' your so-called "line."