Topic: MGB

AAAARRRRGGGGGG

Just got the MGB off the Dyno - 34 HP, spent the last 6 weeks on getting it runing and tuning

and yep 34hp.

Now looking for the biggest rear bumper we can find.  Back the mini cooper in future.

Cheers

Paul
Union jack Racing

Re: MGB

Not too shabby wink

Hopefully our 998 mini is putting out that much!

Union Jack,

You running MSR weekend?

Bring the Mini for back-up.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

union jack racing wrote:

Now looking for the biggest rear bumper we can find.

Easy-- Find the opposite of this:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProd … ortOrder=1

and run rubber bumpers on your '73 B.  Bigger AND heavier!

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

union jack racing wrote:

AAAARRRRGGGGGG

Just got the MGB off the Dyno - 34 HP, spent the last 6 weeks on getting it runing and tuning

and yep 34hp.

Now looking for the biggest rear bumper we can find.  Back the mini cooper in future.

Cheers

Paul
Union jack Racing

That's 4 more than you need

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The Sunbeam Alpine made an impressive 66 with 76 torque yesterday....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Classic Motorsports Magazine did an article about power tuning the MGB last year.  Your Lemons budget probably won't allow you to buy a fancy cam, roller rockers or bigger carbs, but CM said that the big secret to getting power from the B-series is in the head-- the original porting is very restrictive, and a little work with a die grinder can supposedly help a whole lot.  They also said that you'll have very little success hopping up an MGB motor if you don't touch the head.

Good luck!

Re bringing the mini for back up didn't think you were allowed to switch cars?

Never mind hopefully we'll get a very low residual value and install a 302 v8 for a future race.

Regards and see you all this weekend

God save he Queen and the MGB

34? Wow. You should be seeing closer to 65 at the wheel with a stock early MGB. I assume you have the ignition set at around 35 degrees full advance and valves adjusted? Nice strong 12V at the coil?

Also, there is a "Bell" shaped adapter that goes on under the S.U. air filters, without it the sharp edge will disrupt the airflow over the jet and kill your power above 3k rpm.

Please tell me you are not using that generic Weber DGV piece of crap?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.