Topic: Southern Discomfort 2010 Highlight Reel

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbY31Oznh7s

William
Team SOB

2 (edited by RobL 2010-02-13 06:05 PM)

Re: Southern Discomfort 2010 Highlight Reel

Our is coming. 

Well, it's here: http://schumachertaxiservice.com/vids/c … blaze3.wmv (110meg.)

But I'm waiting for it to process on Vimeo.

The song came from one of our drivers who walked into the paddock on Saturday morning saying that he had had a dream with this song in it...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

EXCELLENT video!  You guys were great to race with

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

stellar!!  #9 BMW was a coolant hose failure.  scared the Bejeezus out of me.

congrats on 2nd place.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

http://vimeo.com/9434306

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

LOL @ 2:38-3:05...that is what you should show anyone who wants to know what it's like to drive in a Lemons race.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

great vids guys. thanks!

Great video guys...& some good driving....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Great video! Yea that was me in the Crown spinning in 1. I was cold and tryed to knock the vent out of the way with my foot on the straight and hit the shiftter into R. Thought the race was over. But the trans suffered not problems.

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

Great video! I'm honored to have been featured as a highlight (lowlight?) steering the Alfa "Mud-lano" into the dirt.

Here's one of our highlight clips from the Alfa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ne4hfpIT4

Greg
Quattro Libre '84 Audi (Lemons South '08)
The Slammer '87 Milano (Lemons South '09)
The Slammer '87 Milano (Southern Discomfort '10)

Great video, did you get black flagged for that pass under yellow? You can see the car spinning, a waiving yellow and then you passed a slower car with flag waiving. Hay I guess the flaggers can't see everything!! Good job too. You got a lengthy black flag penalty and still finished second.

ifb_mole wrote:

Great video, did you get black flagged for that pass under yellow? You can see the car spinning, a waiving yellow and then you passed a slower car with flag waiving. Hay I guess the flaggers can't see everything!! Good job too. You got a lengthy black flag penalty and still finished second.

Thanks.

No black flag, because I didn't actually pass him (hard to see from camera angle). 
We were both already under hard braking when the flag came out - he just braked harder than I did and even locked up his wheels - I wasn't trying to improve my position.  It would have been easy to see that from the corner worker's position.

Our car did get a 'mistaken identity' black flag earlier in the race that cost us at least 3 laps...  it balances out the other times when we truly deserved to be called in.

William
Team SOB

Below is a video link of myself in our Team Magnum PU 1989 Prelude battling against "Disney" in the Top Gear Team 200 SE-R Sentra.   This is only 10 minutes worth of the 30 minutes I spent behind these guys lap after lap.  Their car was a little faster off the right hand turns due to our drive wheel being on the right side of our car.  You'll notice I'm usually better in T11 (the only left hander) but alas one turn out of six equals fail for our Prelude's one-wheel-peel non LSD tranny.

At the end of this clip I finally did pass Disney on the front straight, but that didn't last as he passed me back in T1 one lap later.

It was good clean racing with you guys.  I had a blast.

Team Magnum PU vs. Top Gear

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

but alas one turn out of six equals fail for our Prelude's one-wheel-peel non LSD tranny.

Unless something was wrong, non-LSD diffs still will have power go to either wheel; the one with the least resistance (generally the inside tire in a corner). 

It is probable you were faster in left hand corners because the driver is on the left side so you have the added weight.  Our car is a FWD car also.  In tight right hand corners the front inside wheel sometimes looses traction bacuase of all the weight transfer to the left (the side the driver is on) In tight left hand corners its fine because the added weight of the driver on the left side is enough to keep the tire from breaking loose.   It is always one wheel drive for sure, but not the SAME wheel, again it is normally the inside wheel where the power goes to because it has the least amount of resistance, if you had LSD, the power is transfered to the wheel with the most resistance, generally the outside wheel when cornering or both in a straight line.

Nice video and looks like it was fun.

15 (edited by zigm 2010-02-19 06:54 AM)

VKZ24 wrote:

Below is a video link of myself in our Team Magnum PU 1989 Prelude battling against "Disney" in the Top Gear Team 200 SE-R Sentra.   This is only 10 minutes worth of the 30 minutes I spent behind these guys lap after lap.  Their car was a little faster off the right hand turns due to our drive wheel being on the right side of our car.  You'll notice I'm usually better in T11 (the only left hander) but alas one turn out of six equals fail for our Prelude's one-wheel-peel non LSD tranny.

At the end of this clip I finally did pass Disney on the front straight, but that didn't last as he passed me back in T1 one lap later.

It was good clean racing with you guys.  I had a blast.

Team Magnum PU vs. Top Gear

If your car handles like our VW, you should try to remove the front sway bar.  We removed ours based on the guidance of some other VW folks, and the car was way faster this time out.  We had more body roll for sure, but the inside tire stayed planted better and we could launch out of the corners much harder.

William
Team SOB

Looks like those cheap springs held up quite well!  wink

Congrats again on your 2nd place finish.

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?