Topic: Moke goes off turn 1 in first 15 min of Butt-- footage wanted

Lost a tierod going into turn one sometime in the first 15 min of the green flag on Saturday. Scary moment. Lost all brakes and thought the whole right front was ripped off the car and I was going to roll across the field like a foam cube once I hit dirt and it dug in. Fortunately, it didn't.

Then I thought I was going to go careening all the way across to the next straightaway, possibly even to I-5, so I tried to execute a gradual arc. Finally came to a stop and got towed in.

Quite the wild ride from my seat.

If anyone has any video of it, I'd love to see how much of a "non-event" it appeared to be from your car.

Re: Moke goes off turn 1 in first 15 min of Butt-- footage wanted

That is a scary place not to have brakes or a tie rod.

RIP your underwear.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Moke goes off turn 1 in first 15 min of Butt-- footage wanted

therood wrote:

That is a scary place not to have brakes or a tie rod.

RIP your underwear.

Especially when the Moke hits top speed of 38 mph.

Re: Moke goes off turn 1 in first 15 min of Butt-- footage wanted

rb92673 wrote:
therood wrote:

That is a scary place not to have brakes or a tie rod.

RIP your underwear.

Especially when the Moke hits top speed of 38 mph.

If the moke is so slow, why was your fastest lap in a turbocharged volvo only 2 seconds faster than the moke's? And despite us not being on track all day Saturday, you only beat us by 12 places?

Re: Moke goes off turn 1 in first 15 min of Butt-- footage wanted

Spank wrote:
rb92673 wrote:
therood wrote:

That is a scary place not to have brakes or a tie rod.

RIP your underwear.

Especially when the Moke hits top speed of 38 mph.

If the moke is so slow, why was your fastest lap in a turbocharged volvo only 2 seconds faster than the moke's? And despite us not being on track all day Saturday, you only beat us by 12 places?

Driver error.