Topic: fuel question at Sears Pointless?

Are we allowed to bring fuel in to the race?  Or do we have to buy all our fuel from the Sunco at the race? 

(i.e. arse freeze rules)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Re: fuel question at Sears Pointless?

It was a $50 fee to bring in a 55 gallon drum to TH.

Don't know about Sears.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

When I was at Sears a week ago the 91 octane (their lowest) was ~$0.01 more than the station I buy at near my house...  Not too bad if you ask me.

OverStimulated wrote:

When I was at Sears a week ago the 91 octane (their lowest) was ~$0.01 more than the station I buy at near my house...  Not too bad if you ask me.

Really....not $4.59 a gallon like Thunderhill?  If its under $4 or so then I'll just buy it there

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

Really....not $4.59 a gallon like Thunderhill?  If its under $4 or so then I'll just buy it there

It was around $3.20 for 91 IIRC.

OverStimulated wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

It was around $3.20 for 91 IIRC.

SWEET.....that will save a bunch of trips to the Chevron 7 miles away!!  Thats only about 10 cents more than the average gas station for super....great price!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

One note of caution on the Sunoco at Sears Point. The pumps often "freeze up" when the pay-at-the-pump computers decide that they need a break (in other words, the computers crash). I've been at events where only 1 pump is functional and it can take quite a while to get things resolved.

Where do you fill at ? Is it like T hill in pits with splash pan and fire extinquisher

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

PileDriver wrote:

One note of caution on the Sunoco at Sears Point. The pumps often "freeze up" when the pay-at-the-pump computers decide that they need a break (in other words, the computers crash). I've been at events where only 1 pump is functional and it can take quite a while to get things resolved.

IOW, bring fuel jugs so you don't get hosed by trying to pump straight into the race car when the pumps are taking a holiday?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.