Topic: WAS THERE A PEOPLES CURSE AT SC

WHAT WAS IT ? WHAT HAPPENED?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: WAS THERE A PEOPLES CURSE AT SC

The yellow Miata missed it by two votes. More non-votes than curse votes equaled no curse, as it should be.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I'm starting to wonder if there should be a non car damaging curse option.  Something to entertain the crowd but not stop a team from actually getting back on the track.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Bummer
Guess a lot of good drivers !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

5 (edited by Jer 2010-02-15 09:22 AM)

If there was a revote following the Miata's performance Sunday afternoon, they would have garnered the necessary votes.  That car was consistently stupid fast compared to every other car.  Duely noted for the next race; won't be fooled again.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

If there was a revote following the Miata's performance Sunday afternoon, they would have garnered the necessary votes.  That car was consistently stupid fast compared to every other car.  Duely noted for the next race; won't be fooled again.

Incognito for Sat only to be EVIL the second.

Maybe they just needed a bit of alcohol to awaken their inner Tom Kristensen.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

There should have to be 51% none of the above or non-votes to avoid handing out a curse. For example:

Assume 100 teams.

A) 51 people vote none of the above or don't vote at all. No curse given out.

B) 47 people NOTA or NV. Car with most votes gets cursed.

This still makes it so the mob can spare everyone by simply not voting. But say two cars are big vote getters, or one car with a ton of votes and then a bunch of cars with a few votes, but still more NOTA or NVs than the should-be-cursed car has, the should-be-cursed car gets what it deserves.

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

gielamonster wrote:

There should have to be 51% none of the above or non-votes to avoid handing out a curse. For example:

Assume 100 teams.

A) 51 people vote none of the above or don't vote at all. No curse given out.

B) 47 people NOTA or NV. Car with most votes gets cursed.

This still makes it so the mob can spare everyone by simply not voting. But say two cars are big vote getters, or one car with a ton of votes and then a bunch of cars with a few votes, but still more NOTA or NVs than the should-be-cursed car has, the should-be-cursed car gets what it deserves.

This has been discussed into nausium. No need to bring it up again because the recently revised system works VERY well. If there is a douchbag driver... people will make a point to vote for them.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

If I would have witnessed the crash in turn one with the Mitsu and the Celica I WOULD have voted!

Maybe a highlight real of HOONAGE could be made. Some valiant lemonator setups of a series of cameras around the track and watches screens to select key segments for an end of day video?

Sons of STIG

11 (edited by Rockford Brodie 2010-02-15 01:07 PM)

Jer, when I read your post, this was the first thing I thought of...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_DP7peYn084M/S3mvzaax9uI/AAAAAAAABK8/ik1aR013_sI/s512/csi.png

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

ROFLMAO!!!

Sons of STIG

just because a car is "fast" shouldn't be reason enough to crush it??  Are they driving like jerks...or are they just putting in clean laps and running near the top of the leaderboard.....   

The cars that need to be crushed are the ones driven by A-holes and super cheatoium cars....that miata didn't look that much like a cheater (granted I wasn't there)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

The cars that need to be crushed are the ones driven by A-holes and super cheatoium cars....that miata didn't look that much like a cheater (granted I wasn't there)

They were driving like typical SCCA/NASA racers out to win a race.  That made it easy for those of us with track experience to know what they were going to do.  That said, that kind of driving is very agressive for this race. 

As far as cheating...  There is another thread on that.  IMO, that car was faster than a $500 Lemons car should be - corner exit speed withstanding.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

http://www.dembot.net/images/facepalm/double_presidential_facepalm.jpg

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

We have a miata and have been passed mid turn by other miatas that still have it floored with little boddy roll.  A little suspension work makes these cars wonders out there, but there is now way to do that with $500. 

The end result of those that do the mods to the miatas is that they get hit with bs laps and everyone on the track hates them.  It is not in the spirit of the event and they are taking it too seriously.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

17 (edited by Jer 2010-02-15 04:30 PM)

rharris19 wrote:

We have a miata and have been passed mid turn by other miatas that still have it floored with little boddy roll.  A little suspension work makes these cars wonders out there, but there is now way to do that with $500. 

The end result of those that do the mods to the miatas is that they get hit with bs laps and everyone on the track hates them.  It is not in the spirit of the event and they are taking it too seriously.

We have a Miata and we were not fast at Nelson Ledges, terrible body roll.  Before we run it again we plan to cut the springs and hope that helps.  At least that's free.  But it won't make us stupid fast all over the track.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I wouldn't cut the springs if I were you.  They already have very little travel that it will be at the bumpstops that much easier. 

I am contemplating some ebay springs with unknown spring rates.  You can find them for $50-60 shipped sometimes.  Even though it would be in the budget(only at $275 after selling off stuff), it would still kind of feel like cheating.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

the endurancekarting miata has been at several of these events @ CMP. fact is they already took their lumps as far as i know, and i don't necessarily think they got any more this time around. saturday they ran clean and didn't get in my way, not by effect of running fast mind you. maybe a once-cheater miata should have tiered-off penalty laps with extra scrutiny on each race. basically if it's not stock the first time around and you get 200laps, then the follow-up event they get 100, and so forth, unless they can prove they ripped out that unobtanium-for-$500 coilovers or whatever's proving to be such a thorn in the judges side.

that being said, our team didnt vote, had a wonderful time, and really didn't have the claws to curse someone until the diamante used the #75 celica as a braking zone in T1 (i think this actually happened after the cursevote deadline, so a bit moot in any case)

How about front & rear Monte Carlo bars to stiff-n' up the body roll?

Note to no one in particular:

STOP BRINGING MIATAS WHEN THERE ARE FORLORN FRENCH, ITALIAN, USSR, BRITISH, or DEFUNCT US MANUFACTURER CARS AVALIABLE!!

This has been a public service announcement.  Jeez!

There could be a PIT THE MIATA award... Most successful pit maneuvers on miatas earn a custom trophy...

Sons of STIG

NO THERE WAS NO PEOPLES CURSE AT SC

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

WHAT??! NO PENELOPE CRUZ ASCII?!

I GOT SOME RIGHT HERE!

.. I8Z?IO8ZOOO888I. .                           
                              .,O8NDD8DDDDNNODDNNMD8Z:..                        
                          . .IO8DNNDDNNDD8ZD7DNNNNNNNN888~. ..                  
                        . ..7~8ODNNDNDZ7$OO8OO$$8Z$IIZNDNNMD+  .                
                         .+?DDNNNDNDO$OODNNNNND878NO8Z7DZZDDND,.                
                      ...O8NDNNNDD$?O88NNNNNNMNMNMNNNDDONNZ78MOOI..             
                    .. .DDNNNNNN8OD8NNDDDDDNNNMNMNMNMMNDONN88ODN,O              
                     IIDNNNNNND8OODO877??I7ZDDNNNDNMNMNNNNNDO88M$II .           
                    .?D8NNNNNNNN8OZI7+~:~::::$O8DDNNMNN8DN8ND8NDNZ~..           
                    .:NNNMNNNNNNN8ZI~~~:::,,,::~+7ZOD88OO8DNNNNNDIMI.           
                    .INMNNDNNMNNND+==~~::,,,,:::~~=+IDMNOZ8NMMNNNMO.~ .         
                  ..:NMNNNNNNNNN8I==~~~:::,::::::~~=?7NNN8O$ODMNMMNN$..         
                  ?8DNNNDN8NNNND+++=~:::,,,::::~:~=+?IDNNMD8$Z8DNNMMZ:.         
                .,~NNNDNNZZI$DD7==+$=:IN?::::::::~=+?78MONNNN8ZZDMNNZ+          
               .?,MNDZODMDOZ$DD?~~=?7ZIIO8$~::~~~~~=+ZNNZDNMMND8DMNM8:..        
              .,=DND8OZDMO88D8$+~::~O7NMO?I~:~+ONDNDZNMMNNM8NDZZ8DMD8Z?..       
              :?D8N8DZ78ND7+NO7?=~::~=I$77~:,~$8MD7Z8MMMNMMMMNNDMMDD7,.D..      
              .NONDZOZO8NM~:=7II+=::::,,,,:::==$D~MDONDDNMNMMMNN8Z7DD$::Z..     
              .DNDO7ZDODNMM=+I??+=~~:,,,,:~:,=~:+?IIDNNN8NMMMMNNNNNDD?I:Z:      
               8Z8O+78DNNMMMN7?+++=~:::::::,:=:::~=IMNNNNDNNNMMMMMMNZOZ,=..     
            .  D?IDIO8NNNNN8$$+====~~::,??+::?~:~=IMNMNNNNMDMN8MMNNNMMNO=.      
              .Z+,O88NNMNNNN$O?+==~~~~:,:,$ZDI~=+INMNNNZ8NDMMDNZ8MMNMNOZO+.     
              .~:.DNDNMMNNNN$DZ?==~~~:D$++~~+?=+78MMNNNZ88MDNNDNOONDNNN8M=.     
                7IZNNMMNNNMO?78$?+=~~:~?+~~~OMI?8MMMZ8D8DN8NNNNNDZDNN$M?N  .    
              . MM=NNNDNND?7+=78O$+~~:::~7ND$?IOMMMNNNN$DNNNMDNNND$8N+?8.Z.     
                .DZNNNNNN?+?=~=I8OO7+=~::~==IZNMMMND8N8IONMND8DNNND$.+Z7... .   
           ...  8IMNNNDD~=++~~~=I8888$I?++?$8MMNMMDNNN8DNDDDZ78DNNN8+N=IO.:  .  
            : .O,NNNNDZ=~===~~~~=?88888DMMMMMMMNNNNMNND8NNNN8ZZMMMDMNMN8= . .   
          . ...8NDNNN=~~~~~~~:~~~=IO888NMMMMMNNDNNN8NM8NNMMMN+DO8NNND=... ,     
          ..=MNN7.$=~~~:~:~:::~~~=?7O8DNMMMMNNDODD8DNNNMDMNN8DIZNNDN8.,...      
          .~8NNM$Z,.:::::::::~~~~=?I$8NMMMMNNNDNDOO7DDNNMMNMNO7IDMDO=.. .ZZ...  
          ..Z7=~~:~+..:::::::~~===II$DMNNNNNDND8D7I$D8ZNNMMMNM$ZD~+.=+NO ....+..
        ...~~?=~~:::?.,,,,:::~~~==??7OOMDD8NNNN$ZO7Z7D78MNMMMNNMMNONMDO . .. ?  
      ..+==~~~~:~::::~,.:::::~~~~~+??$ONZZDDNNNND$7O?Z8$DM8NDMMMMND8MN:M7, .. . 
    ..,++=~~~::~~~::::+...:::::~~~===7OOO7$8NNNNNND8OO8ZOZDD8OOMNO7..,O88=      
   . ?===~~::::::~:::::=,.:::::~~~~==+8O8Z$MONDNNNNDMMMNDNDODND88DOMN8ODM..     
 ...+=~=~~:::::::~~::::,=..~::~:~~~===DZ?8I7DNDDNNNNDNNNMMNMN8$DDN?7D8OO= .     
..++=~~~~::~:~~~~~~:::::,~,.~~~~~~~~~~O$?+8I8O8$DNMNDDMMNMMMMMD8NDNNND ..       
~+==~~~~:~~~~~~~=~:::::::,~..~~~~~~~~~~Z=7O8$M8OIZNDNNNMMMMNMNZMMM.:. .         
+==~~~~~~~~~~==~~~::::::,:,..~~~~~~~~~=77=8ZMNMN7ONNNDNMMNNMMNNNMM+.. .         
=~=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~::::::::...,.~==~~~=+IZ8DNDNNMD8NNNMNNNDNNMNNM$7M .           
=~~~~~~~~===~~~~~~::::::::,.,..====~~I??MODNDMNM8NDNNNN88ODNNNONN.M             
~~~~~~~========~~~:~:::::,..,....,+===DD88NNDMMM88NDNN8Z87DDD88MII. .           
~~~=====++++??+==~~~:::::.......:..,===NNNNMMMMMMDNNNN$$O7ODMN.NZ....           
~~====++??ZDD8$I+==~~~:::,.......,.,.=++NMNMMMMMNNN7DN8DO7OZND.87..             
~~===++?7NDNNDD8$I+=~~~:,..,.....:.,..$?7NMMMMMNMDDZDNNNDO$8ZOIZ..              
~===+?II ND88O888ZI+=~~~...:.........,:,I$NNNNZ?INI?8NNMNM8NDD7N.               
==++?Z....8O$7III7I+==~:...,.........,,..?7+=~::8DIDNNNNMNDN8MNDZ=              
+++?Z...  .8Z7I??II?+=~:...,......~...,:,.~~=I8OD:Z?DMMNNMNNDD=7M               
++I.. .  ...O$7I??77?+,,.,,,...........:~:~.D88O8$.,+DMNMMNDOD?...              
+I...     ..O$7I??I7I+~:.,,........,.,,.:==~=$Z$ ,.,~8ODDD8ZO8?.
Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

RobL wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

They were driving like typical SCCA/NASA racers out to win a race.  That made it easy for those of us with track experience to know what they were going to do.  That said, that kind of driving is very agressive for this race. 

As far as cheating...  There is another thread on that.  IMO, that car was faster than a $500 Lemons car should be - corner exit speed withstanding.

Here is a short video from our car about 30 minutes into the first session on Saturday.  You'll notice that *almost* every car on the track is being very cautious since it is cold, wet, and there is oil on the track.  Of course the EK Miata guys must have thought it was a sprint to be driving like this right from the get-go.  I'd say "aggresive" is putting it mildly.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!