Topic: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They towed my Lemons Car.

My car got towed and it is going to cost more to get it out of impound than it was to buy the car. Delema.

2 (edited by doctawife 2010-02-17 09:35 AM)

Re: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They towed my Lemons Car.

Have you done any work on it?  If not, then yes - its a delema.  If you've already put a bunch of time into the car, or a cage then I would go get it.  I'm guessing from the tone of your post that you haven't invested much blood/sweat/tears/time yet.

What kind of crapheap is it?  If it's a Neon or something else common/boring, maybe just let them have it.  If it's something cool - MGB, VW fastback, Nash - bust out the checkbook.  I doubt Jay or anyone else will include your impound fee in the budget.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Its a 92 Jetta, and i spent more than a few weekends working on the engine to clean it up and replace what was needed. It just kills my spirit about the whole ting, ya know.... Uh, fyi, if you live in a townhouse with community parking, you must have a valid liscens plate or you get towed.

4 (edited by davisriley 2010-02-17 10:44 AM)

Get it back.  Instant theme.  Leave all the stickers on it.   Can you register it non-op?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

i have no idea, i have no where to park it now and since I had a heated convo with the HOA lady I am sure she is going to keep an eye out for it. I may have to hang up my Lemons dreams till I get my next place with ample shop space. BUMMMMER. So on that note, 1992 VW Jetta, just replaced water pump, all belts and hoses, 140000 miles, already stripped front bumber, door skins, and head liner. HA if you are serious I am serious.

Section 3.  Parking Rights.  Ownership of each Lot shall entitle the Owner or Owners thereof to the use of not more than two (2) automobile parking spaces, which shall be as near and convenient to said Lot as reasonably possible, together with the right of ingress and egress in and upon said parking areas.  The Association may assign vehicle parking spaces for each Lot.  The two automobile parking spaces for Lots having garages shall be the garage and appurtenant driveway.
Section 6.  Parking of Vehicles and Use of Property.  No commercial vehicle, house trailer, boat, boat trailer, camper, tent, shed, or any other such vehicle, trailer, vessel or temporary structure shall be permitted to be parked or placed within the Properties except within area(s) which may be specifically designated for such purposes by the Association

Doesnt say you cant park a race car???

do you have more than 2 cars including the jetta?  where does it say that it has to be registered?

that is where I thought I had a foot to stand on, she couldnt tell me where it said that. But in the garage is motorcycles and bikes, no room for cars, the driveway has my truck in it. We also have a Accord that we park up the road in a different lot, there are lots of parking issues here. She told me they tow for flat tires as well.

I think it would be great if everyone gave her a call and asked her some questions, since she told me everyone knows to call the HOA if you have a clunker that you want to keep from getting towed. CLUNKER? She must not know the deal. Lets inform her
Alex Porto 704-377-4203, she is a pleasure to talk to .

She sounds like a gem of a lady.  Unfortunately, it sounds like you're screwed - you have more than 2 cars, and you're already using the garage and driveway.  Don't piss of Alex too much, she'll get your Accord towed.  People like this are eeeevil. 

I don't like my HOA much, but every time I hear a story like yours, I feel better.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

don't want to sound on the land lady's side but if you have a garage that is one of your spots.  I don't think it matters if it is a car or other stuff.  If you don't have a garage spot that would probably be the best way to keep the car, or with an assigned spot so atleast they know its yours.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

HOA's are corruption at it's prime...

Just buy the lasy a few chip-n-dales dancers that provide "extra" services. Have them gift wrapped from you and she'll leave you alone.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Have you looked on craigslist etc. to see if you can rent a garage? That's what we've done, found a double car garage (extra wide, actually) with an extra parking space. Then when we got the trailer, we arranged to pay a bit more per month to store that there as well. Works out pretty well for storing/working on the car(s)...

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

$40/mo for an outdoor storage spot at a local U-Store-It. either deal with that or you need better teammates that can stand losing a driveway/garage spot.

It's pretty common law for municipalities to tow unregistered cars. they can be considered derelict or abandoned and towed at their discretion without notice, plus may even have additional fines associated with them for being flagged as such. Trust me, your HOA is the least of your problems, although they're usually the bigger dicks about it.

And your teammates are all homeless?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Bum Fights Racing...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Bum Fights Racing...

funny, instant theme.

I am a one man army as far as my team goes. That is a work in process.

I actually talked the tow manager down from $300 to $135 and picked it up yesterday afternoon. Posted a small add on craigslist and about 3 hours later it is sold. This isn't the way I would have liked this to play out, but unless I can get a team with an already established garage and work space, my Lemons path will have to be put on hold until i can get a new place.

have a sale of the crap stored in the garage and you'll  have both the money and the space for the car

eljefe17 wrote:

have a sale of the crap stored in the garage and you'll  have both the money and the space for the car

Gen an old chevy van... gut it demo derby style and put BUMFIGHTS across the side... You gotta glue a nasty beard and dreads to your helmet though.

Sons of STIG

What part of charlotte are you in.  I am in Concord and have run 3 Lemons races, and plan 3 this year.  If you are on the north side of town, I have plenty of room for cars.

I am right on the Harrisburg border, close to concord off of 49.

Riktor wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

Gen an old chevy van... gut it demo derby style and put BUMFIGHTS across the side... You gotta glue a nasty beard and dreads to your helmet though.

bonus points if there is a boxing ring inside the van and one of the team members dresses up like don king.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Mike, you are just making that A100 that much more appealing.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.