Topic: infineon concourse

I live near infineon.  My car is under construction for the may race.  It won't be finished in time for the concourse.  Is Lemons interested in partially completed cars at the concourse?

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

2 (edited by LTDScott 2010-02-17 09:53 PM)

Re: infineon concourse

While the Concours show is being held concurrently with the Lemons race, it's being put on by a different organizer. The show registration is already closed according to the site (despite Jay's email notification after the deadline) but maybe you can talk to the organizer.

www.concoursdlemons.com

My street car will be in the show while I'll be on the track.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Alan Galbraith (also of Billetproof fame) is the organizer-- certainly worth contacting him:  alan [at] billetproof.com.

My MG Metro will be in the show while I gape in astonishment at the track.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:

My MG Metro will be in the show while I gape in astonishment at the track.

No KV this time?  Or are you trying to win a different trophy this time?  wink

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

5 (edited by mharrell 2010-02-19 10:15 AM)

casadelshawn wrote:

No KV this time?

Dude, it's right there in the rules:

"In selecting entrants, cars not previously shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (or elsewhere) are given preference. And we generally do not allow cars to return to our show field within a ten-year period unless they have changed ownership and have been freshly restored."

Wait-- aw crap!  Wrong event.  Well, too late now.

--------------------

Okay, fine, a serious answer: 

(1)  I loves all my cars equally (more or less).

(2)  This will be my first and perhaps only longish-distance test run in the Metro (admittedly sans trailer) before using it to pull the KV to Chicago in a few months for this:

http://www.worldmeet2010.com/

(3)  It's a Metro!  It's a British car to beat THE WORLD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-8LgXjQbc

(4)  If someone else brings a Nash/Hudson and a Geo, maybe we can talk Alan into lining us up together as a Metro Meet Row.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

And, for the record, while Alan is the pointman for the Concours, it's a totally LeMons-endorsed and -supported event. I mean, who wouldn't pass up on the chance to get affiliated with Billetproof?

Definitely get in touch with him if you're interested in the show.